Shadow and Bone | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shadow and Bone

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

The Shadow Fold, a swathe of impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters that feast on human flesh, is slowly destroying the once-great nation of Ravka. Alina, a pale, lonely orphan, discovers a unique power that thrusts her into the lavish world of the kingdom's magical elite—the Grisha.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven’t read the books but while surfing on Netflix, this series caught my attention. I almost dropped it because of the first episode, which only got interesting after watching more than half of it. But now I am hooked on it. I am on episode 5 at the moment and I cannot stop watching it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Episode 5 is becoming quite good ...there are many revelations, some that I saw coming and others that I didn't even think of....so good.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I just finished watching the first season and I must say I had a lot of fun watching it.

As someone wrote on the internet, the Crows (Kaz, Inej, and Jesper) are thieves and that is why they stole the show...and I do agree completely with that, because they were my favorite characters in the show.

My favorite pairing is actually Kaz x Inej, these two really cared for each other.

Jesper and Milo's friendship was funny, sweet, and adorable.

I also liked the pairing of Mal x Alina and mainly because of Mal...his love for her was so immense, loyal, and just amazing. I must confess that their interactions kind of reminded me of Rukia and Renji from Bleach....although I do hope that, unlike Renji, Mal has the courage to confess his love to Alina.

I know people are also shipping Alina and Kirigan but I just didn't feel any chemistry between them in the TV series. However, Ben Barnes as Kirigan, the Black General, was great. He did an incredible job portraying that character and looked so sexy and handsome.

The Ost from the series is beautiful, I have been listening to it and it really transports you to a fantasy world.

I enjoyed watching this series very much and I can't wait to watch season 2.

P.S. I wasn't mentioned on the first season of the show but I do think Mal is a Grisha and a powerful one...because it was hard to kill during all of the season so he cannot be an ordinary human...

In case anyone here on MH is interested in watching this series, here are some trailers: