Shounen - Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Seeing how the manga has developed recently.... We really do have to question who of the previous gang will actually be on hao's side here. I guess a lot does depend on the miracle they are fighting for too, it is not just a matter of taking the side of a particular god. The seyren and rebseb are probably fighting because they hate hao's guts. What about the other warriors from the previous manga? The 3 witches are obviously still loyal to hao.... Of the 5 warriors, they all aimed to make hao a good king however their loyalty is not necessarily written in stone. Well, for whatever reason yoh and ren are fighting for hao (well, their children are) however that does not guarantee the other 5 will side with hao. Lyserg has every reason to join YVS or some other god. Horohoro perhaps can have a stake with some other god. Hao is technically a favorable god to him as hao loves nature but that is not to say he would want specifically hao. Chocolove is a character I would think has reasons to hate hao's guts to a great extent.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Seeing YVS and hao I got an impression.... Aren't the cards weird? Isn't it weird that hao can revive his fallen team members? Isn't it even weirder than hao can do so a limited amount of times? I get the impression the G8 have a sort of understanding about this sort of thing. I think they are able to grant their teams "favors" so to speak. Basically each god gets to do something for their team but only a limited amount of times. So hao can revive his team members a limited amount of times or at a cost hence why he could not indefinitely revive hana or the others. The cards that guy with YVS has are his "favors", he can use each other in exchange for something. Perhaps when time was frozen not too long ago one of those cards was used.

---------- Post added March 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was March 10, 2014 at 03:22 PM ----------

http://raw.senmanga.com/Shaman_King_-_Flowers/22/1

Raw for chapter 22 if anyone cares to look at it.

---------- Post added April 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was March 25, 2014 at 12:53 PM ----------

Woot, chapter 22 and raw for 23!

Anyways, that was surprisingly morbid... Jeane being dead caught me off guard completely. I mean, she was one of the strongest participants in the shaman fight and presumably got stronger as she grew. I does make sense though, with her being that powerful in life she is bound to make an exceptional spirit. Now, her being forced to actually serve the black maiden and on top of that attacking men is by all intents and purposes extremely morbid even by this manga's standards. I wonder how jeane did die, I can't imagine that brat actually pulling it off alone. I am guessing the cards had something to do with it considering the whole time controlling thing would be ideal to murder her in cold blood.

As for hana... I wonder what exactly does he have to do... He is in a decent bit of trouble right now, perhaps more than hao bargained for by bringing him to that society. YBS along with that guy being there was probably not accounted for. I guess hao himself will probably respond to that somehow. I guess it will work out for hana though, odds are he will come out stronger than planned.

It seems the fight at the inn won't last that long either... If they do fight it is quite obvious the YBS guys won't have a chance at all. Yamao is a monster and ryu is probably a lot stronger than he was. I wonder about the witches though, they seem to have some new tricks up their sleeves. I hope we see some armor over souls from them.

Ikahel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Why u say its 23 chapter? According to mangareader or other sites which i googled this chapter have numer 22, something is missing?

@kkck
ah, you added your post day after the 22 chapter was out so i didn't realised that the next raw could be out so fast :d

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh I didnt even know we had a Shama King Flowers thread. I never read Shaman King but ran through this a few weeks ago because I like the artist and was bored one night. Love Flowers alot and its colour pages and covers. Looking forward to the next chapter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh I didnt even know we had a Shama King Flowers thread. I never read Shaman King but ran through this a few weeks ago because I like the artist and was bored one night. Love Flowers alot and its colour pages and covers. Looking forward to the next chapter.
It shouldn't be long for the next chapter. In case anyone cares, here is a link for chapter 24 spoilers (chapter will be short unfortunately)
http://www.patch-cafe.net/?p=1710

---------- Post added June 02, 2014 at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was May 20, 2014 at 02:13 PM ----------

Well, chapter 24 is out

http://www.mangapanda.com/shaman-king-flowers/24

Interesting, so the guys ability really is the cards. I am a bit surprised though. We knew the cards were special although to be fair I never thought it would be this hax. My earlier theory was that the cards were "favors" and he had a set number of cards he could use however what we see here is far more hax than that. Provided there is money there is no limit to what he can do... I guess it comes down to making him run out of money. Now, this truly is the god of capitalism if the ability he is granting his follower involved strictly money. I wonder what the long term approach the manga is taking in regards to this. Will it show money and whatnot as a flat out bad thing? That has been the theme so far however when there are multiple gods in the story each with its own sets of values and morals things get dicier. It could easily take a turn about money being important because it represents the work and whatnot of the person getting it. I hope the manga does not turn out to be about social commentary and whatnot, the environmentally fueled genocide from the first part of the manga was more than enough for the rest of what is left to be told.

Now, in a way using YVS is not necessarily entirely easy. Overall you do need the money and there is a price you pay even beyond it (yosuke has aged beyond his years) so it is not all that simple. The point was made that the cards could be used to make money although you still need enough to be able to pay off everything. Even now yosuke has used quite a bit of money. In a way you do need a business sense to actually make money and manage it and you need to be aware of how much money you can afford to spend on YVS. It would be interesting if there are one time things you can only pay for with with your life. Realistically speaking there are things that should simply be too expensive, if yosuke goes over-budget odds are he will suffer quite the severe consequences.

---------- Post added June 24, 2014 at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was June 02, 2014 at 02:41 PM ----------

http://www.mangabird.com/shaman-king-flowers-25

Raw out. Cool developments, seems like the old patch guys showed up.

Txapeldun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
About the Jump X Magazine terminating, is there any proof of Flowers moving magazines?

andysislands

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
About the Jump X Magazine terminating, is there any proof of Flowers moving magazines?
There is nothing confirmed yet. But, Takei's official twitter announced the news very shortly after it was released. So he knew about it ahead of time. Also, Flowers is Jump Kai's best selling manga series (87 Clockers is #2). So if any series has a chance to continue on after Jump Kai, it's going to be Flowers.

It might be a few months before we hear anything that confirms where it is going.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What? First I Heard of this :(... So the manga might not even get picked up? Hopefully it was popular enough for someone to want it.... Any other chapters coming out before the magazine ends?

andysislands

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anime News Network source or Patch Cafe source

We've still got a couple months, and Shaman King Flowers should be in all the issues until the end. Flowers will finish up with enough pages to fill volume 6. That will give it a nice clean "break" from the magazine until it's next home.

andysislands

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bunch of new chapters have come out since my last post. And Zero chapter 8 is now out too.

From Patch-Cafe:
  • Flowers chapter is 22 pages (Chapter 28)
  • Zero chapter is 19 pages (Chapter 9)
  • Shaman King Flowers will be on the final Jump Kai issue cover
  • We should know where Shaman King Flowers is moving by next issue (or earlier)

Don't worry, even if there is a couple month hiatus for Shaman King Flowers/Zero... we are currently working on some other Takei-related releases. Including the Mentalite (Shaman King KZB Fanbook)!

Also, for those interested, Hiroyuki Takei will be working on the upcoming anime "Garo - Honoo no Kokuin" as a character designer. He's not the lead character designer, but there may have some characters influenced by him.

---------- Post added October 09, 2014 at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was September 13, 2014 at 09:06 PM ----------

Also, for those who haven't seen... here's the news about the Shaman King Flowers manga ending (warning, spoiler image of the final page):
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...g-flowers-manga-sequel-ends-this-month/.79731

I’m not too worried about Shaman King. The series will most likely continue under a different name. There is a couple reasons why:

1. It’s alot easier to build a stronger reader base by starting at “chapter 1” in a new magazine.

2. Flowers sold well just based on the “Shaman King” connection alone. Remember, only 18,000 copies (on average) were sold a month of Jump Kai. Where as around 57,000 copies of Shaman King Flowers volume 5 were sold.

3. If you are going to continue the series, you actually hit more of your audience with the volume sales.

4. If you are going to sell more of your volumes, you include something “extra” in those volume sales.

Those other series in Jump Kai can’t afford to lose any of their fanbase. Plus, they may only have a short run in another magazine. When they finish (in a couple months), then Shaman King Flowers can move in.

And… as crazy as it sounds… Shaman King Flowers could also NOT go into a magazine. It could just be sold in volume format (and maybe something like Jump+). One Punch Man can do it. And Shaman King was getting good Flowers sales for effectively not reaching alot of people. KZB and Remix sold well too. The magazine purpose at this point is to drive sales towards an anime, videogame, or other merch.

Plus, as a final point… Takei is really, really good at convincing people to like his stuff. He can win those editors over and get back out there. It’s hardly the end, I see it as a new beginning!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I feel like the arc is kinda dragging a bit. So far we have known hao intents for that pilot to become hana's spirit but we have yet to see why this is justified... It just keeps building that particular point... and it keeps building. Come on, let the plot move on... Its good that they plan for hana to have a different spirit from yoh though. I wonder if hana will opt for an oversoul wiht two spirits though. At this point him abandoning a sword would be weird IMO. An armor oversoul which combines a samurai and a pilot is bound to be interesting though.

Ikahel

Reaction score
Country
Poland
This series is on hiatus?

andysislands

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, Hiatus is the best way to put it.

Hiroyuki Takei is probably in the process of changing publishers... so when the next Shaman King series will be is up in the air. It could be a bit bumpy for a while.

However, volume 6 (final) of Flowers comes out on December 16th. So hopefully that gives some hope on where it will go (if Takei isn't swapping publishers).

Also, Shaman King Flowers chapter 29 english Edited Manga is now out. The final Shaman King Zero chapter should be out sometime next month.

I still have a bunch of other stuff in the backlog for Shaman King... so even if there isn't a new chapter coming out soon... there will be some new content for at least a good couple of months! (then moving onto Takei's other series... so still almost bi-weekly releases for all of next year)

Ikahel

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Chap 29 is on mreader
So they won't make another magazine in place of that which is closed? : O

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So.... was this ever pikced up by another magazine? I don't think I have heard anything for a while.

andysislands

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
So.... was this ever pikced up by another magazine? I don't think I have heard anything for a while.
Nope hasn't been picked up by any magazine... yet. But Takei is staying busy with some other smaller projects, and he's preparing his cosplay for Otakon later this month.

Ultimo will finish up this month. Jumbor should conclude in a couple of months. Hyper Dash Yonkuro chapter 2 also comes out later this month. So still quite on more "Shaman King" but hopefully we hear something in the upcoming months.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ahhh, thats a shame. Hopefully once ultimo is finished he will dtart working on hana again. Anywhere i can read ultimo?

andysislands

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ahhh, thats a shame. Hopefully once ultimo is finished he will dtart working on hana again. Anywhere i can read ultimo?
The first 10 volumes can be read digitally or in print. They are about 1 year behind Japanese-releases... which puts it at only 1 volume behind. Though they might "speed up" and get the final volume out sooner (sometime next year). Volume 11 comes out on December 1st.

You may also want to wait on purchasing any of the digital volumes until Otakon at the end of July. I'm guessing Viz will announce an "Ultimo digital manga bundle" since they don't really have anything Takei-related announced yet. So that could save you around 40% of the digital price.

DeidaraGrimmjow

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a shame Ultimo never got an anime.

I would hope that SK Flowers gets serialized in Jump SQ. or at least Jump Square Crown. I don't get it...it was a flagship of the magazine it was in, sold almost 100k per volume and doesn't get a solid confirmation of it's return while a lot of the other ones got new home immediately. In SQ it would get more exposure and probably do pretty well. And in Crown it wouldn't be as many chapters but it could fit in well with DGM and BBB. I mean, SK as a franchise deserves more respect than this.

andysislands

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a shame Ultimo never got an anime.

I would hope that SK Flowers gets serialized in Jump SQ. or at least Jump Square Crown. I don't get it...it was a flagship of the magazine it was in, sold almost 100k per volume and doesn't get a solid confirmation of it's return while a lot of the other ones got new home immediately. In SQ it would get more exposure and probably do pretty well. And in Crown it wouldn't be as many chapters but it could fit in well with DGM and BBB. I mean, SK as a franchise deserves more respect than this.
Actually, Takei was pegged to go into SQ with his KZB chapters of Shaman King. He was suppose to help boost the magazine sales if the sales started dropping. But the magazine took off on it's own, so he didn't join in until Ultimo came out.

Jump SQ also isn't a good fit. There are too many other established series. It would get drowned out. By being in a "smaller" magazine, Takei actually gets more control. Heck even in Ultra Jump, Jumbor was leading the magazine for a year! So I think Takei isn't just looking for a place to publish any manga, he wants a place where he has enough control to make the manga he wants. In SQ (or Crown) he needs to make a manga that's strong enough to complete. Things like the "Death Zero" arc isn't something that would keep it in a normal magazine very long.