Discussion - Shiibashi's comment | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Shiibashi's comment

Sama_al_Azraq

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, as you all know, in the end part of WSJ magazines, the mangaka give comments. So I try to collect the comments from Shiibashi. Not all of them yet, and only translate a small part of it (it's midnight and I'm sleepy, the translation is not really good, but bear with it. I'll be glad if anyone else translate the rest). I will add the comment each week, so discuss.

今週はジャンプNEXT!の方も一緒に描いたので大変でしたが、逆にこういうときの方が楽しい気分になります<寛>
This week I also draw for the one in Jump Next! so I'm very busy, but in contrary, at time like this I feel enjoy

通っていた高校のすぐ傍に茨木童子の石像がありました。二頭身の可愛い奴でした<寛>
Real close with the high school I commute to, there is a stone statue of Ibaraki Douji. The deformed cute one

Aに参加したい!でも原稿を3日早めないと行かせてくれないって …頑張るよ、俺!<寛>A=アフレコ
I want to participate in postrecording! But if I'm not finished the manuscript 3 days faster, they won't let me... Do my best, me!

Aの劇中音楽がカッコイイ。SのCDを毎日聴いてます。和風バトルソングカッコイイ<寛>
A=アニメ S=シングル
Music during the anime is cool. I hear the single CD everyday. Japanese style battle song is cool

新宿に出かけたら同じ日にビビる大木さんとオリラジ中田さんと崔洋一監督を見掛けました。これは…何だ<寛>
When I went out to Shinjuku, in exact same day I catch sight of Bibiru Ooki-san, Oriradi Tanaka-san and film director Sai Youichi. What... is this

今年はCLの試合球をドリブルしながら漫画家さんがご近所に引越して来ました。<寛>
CL=チャンピオンズリーグ
While dribbling match ball for this year's Champion's league, a mangaka is moving to the neighborhood

二周年のオリジナル妖怪募集、沢山のご応募ありがとうございました!見てるだけで心が充実してきます!<寛>
Thank you for sending the original youkai for 2nd anniversary! My heart feel fulfilled just from seeing it!

ついに開幕です!決勝の希望カードはスペインとブラジルです。オランダも楽しみ<筧>
At last it started! My hope for the final is Spain and Brazil. I'm also looking forward for Holland

連載表彰式に出席。先生方と話すのは楽しい!もっと頑張ろーって気持ちになります<寛>
I attend the serialization commendation. It's fun to talk with all the sensei! I feel that I need to do my best more

キャラブック妖秘録、ポスターとか気合い入ってますんで11巻と共にヨロシクです<筧>
Chara book Ayakashi Hiroku, I give my all for the poster etc, so please take care of it with the vol 11

いよいよアニメ放送開始です!ぬら祭で映像見ましたが早くも三話目が見たかったり。みんな楽しんでね!<筧>
At last anime broadcast begin! I saw the film on Nura fest and already want to see 3rd episode. Everyone, look forward to it!

NIKEの未来を書きかえろってCMを日本代表選手や自分に置き換えて妄想してます。<寛>
I'm delusioning with Nike's commercial of "Write the future" with replacing the character with Japan representative or me

二話掲載頑張りました!体力が回復したら…またやりた
い!特製リクオカードとTCG紹介漫画もよろしく!<筧> TCG=トレーディングカードゲーム
I'm doing my best for 2 chapter serialization! If my physical strength is recovered, I want to do it again! Also please take care of deluxe Rikuo card and TCG introductory manga!

Sが考えた妖怪「あたまへこみマン」が時々漫画にいるらしいよ。探してみよう!<寛>S=スタッフ
A youkai made by staff (assistant), "Atamahekomiman" sometimes is there in the manga. Try to look for it!

最近、図書館でネームを書いています。すごく集中できて学生時代を思い出します〈筧〉
Recently, I write manuscript in lybrary. I can concentrate greatly, remind me of my days as a student

Sの肥田野健太郎先生が金未来杯で遂に本誌登場!圧倒的画力を僕も楽しみたい!〈寛〉
One of the staff (assistant), Koedano Kentarou-sensei finally appear in the magazine for Kin-mirai cup! I want to enjoy the overwhelming drawing ability too!

ちょっとした冗談で描いたものがこんなことになるなんて…アイドルグループ片手☆SIZEついにデビュー!〈寛〉
To think that something that I draw as a joke become like this... Idol group Katate☆Size finally make a debut!

夏休みが1日とれたので旅館に一泊。新鮮な気持ちで朝の5時までネーム描きました〈寛〉
Because I can get one day for summer holiday, I stay in a Japanese hotel for one night. With a fresh feeling, I write storyboard until 5 o'clock in the morning

今週は結構背景も自分でペン入れしたので大変でした。S様いつもどうも有難う…<寛>
This week I also has to insert the pen for background too, so it's really hard for me. Staff-sama, thank you...

A時代に競い合った仲間と約束の場所で再会。神海先生連載デビューおめでとうございます!負けんよ〈寛〉
Reunion with friends, who I compete with in the assistant era, in the promised place. Shinkai-sensei, congratulation for serialization debut! I won't lose

Kagrra,行脚百鬼夜行~陰~の豆腐小僧の怪に参加。沢山の元鬼を頂きました!<寛>
I participate in Kaggra's Hyakkiyakou -Kage-'s Toufu Kozou no Kai. I received a lot of energy!

やっとアフレコに行けた…と思ったら本編の収録日じゃなかった!ATの日だった<寛> AT=アニメツアー
At last I can go to postrecording... Or so I thought, it's not for the main story recording! The day for anime tour

最近、日本サッカーの未来に明るい希望しかもてません。4年後のMが楽しみです<寛>    M=メンバー
Recently I can only have bright hope for Japanese soccer's future. I'm looking forward for the member 4 years from now

仕事場でパンデミック!自分とスタッフ全員+担当も風邪をひきました。今年の風邪は凶悪です。ご注意を〈寛〉
Pandemic in workplace! Me and all the staff+editor catch cold. This year cold is atrocious. Please be careful

CDの紙ジャケット版が高貴な感じで凄い好きなんですけどもしかして少数派なの?〈寛〉
The paper jacket version CD feels high class and I really like it, but am I a minority?

ぬら孫TCGのCMを見て自分もやってみたくなりました。初デッキ作りに挑戦中!〈寛〉 TCG=トレーディングカードゲーム
I saw the commercial for Nuramago TCG and made me want to play it too. In the middle of challenge in creating my first deck!

お願いランキングのちょい足しをスタッフとやってみました。結果は色々でした。<寛>
Try to do "Choitashi" of Onegai ranking with the staffs. The result are various.

新しいウイニングイレブンを手に入れました。新Sが楽しみですが忙しくてまだ20分しか遊べてません…<寛> S=システム
I got my hand on the new Winning Eleven. I'm really looking forward to the new system, but I'm too busy and can only play for 20 minutes...

今の仕事場に引っ越してから3年越しの悲願、味の素スタジアムへガンバVSFC東京観戦に行ってきました<寛>
I went to watch Ganba vs FC Tokyo game at Ajinomoto stadium, my dearest wish after moving to the workplace now for 3 passing years

最近、仕事場で古い日本映画を観ています。白黒の画面は想像力をかきたてられます<寛>
Lately I watch old Japanese movie in workplace. B&W screen stir up the power of imagination

長かった京都編も終了!次週から三代目を継いだリクオの新章開始です!お楽しみに<寛>
The long Kyoto arc is ended! From next week is a new arc with Rikuo succeed as the 3rd! Look forward for it

ジャンフェスステージがとても楽しみです!毎年やってる先生方は凄いなぁ。超緊張<寛>
I'm looking forward to Jump Fiesta stage! All the sensei who do it every year really great. I'm really nervous

2010年もJリーグ楽しかった!特に最終節が関西人には。FC東京、早く上がってきて~<寛>
2010 J league also fun! Especially the last part, for Kansai people. FC Tokyo, rise up quickly

S横田君の読切がNEXT!に掲載されています。僕も番外編を描いたので是非ご一読下さい<寛>    S=スタッフ
Staff Yokota-kun's one-shot is published in NEXT!. I also draw extra, so please read it too

JFステージ来てくれた皆、ありがとう!貰った元気は作品に還元したいと思います!<寛>
Thank you for everyone who come to JF stage! I will return the energy I received to my work!

とおりゃんせの細道は僕が三歳まで住んでいた家の近所でした。記憶は薄いですが。〈寛〉
Tooryanse's narrow path is a neighborhood from the house I live until 3 years old. My memory is blurry, though

サガ3のリメイク版が出ましたね!ああDS触りたい。サントラ聴いて想いを馳せる!〈寛〉
Remake of SaGa 3 is out! Aah, I want to touch DS. I hurl my memory while listening to the soundtrack!

遅くなりましたが沢山の年賀状ありがとう!今年はアニメ2期もありますので期待に添えるよう頑張ります!再放送もよろしくね〈寛〉
It's late, but thanks for the many of New Year's card! This year there's also 2nd season anime, so I do my best to follow your expectation! Please take care for rebroadcasting too

本田選手が遠藤選手の代わりはいないと言ってましたが同意です。祝アジア杯優勝!(寛)
Honda said that there's no player who can become Endou's substitute, and I'm agree. Congratulation for Asian Cup victory!

歯医者で麻酔してもらったら睡眠不足過ぎて全く効かなかった!そんなの聞いてない<寛>
I got anesthesia injection from dentist, but because of lack of sleep, it didn't effective at all! I never heard about this

DVDの5,6巻に付いてるドラマCDが気に入ってもう4,5回聴いてます。果報者です僕は<寛>

ぬらりひょんの孫 椎橋寛先生へ
Q.霊感はありますか?
A.「ここ、何か悪いモノがいる…」とかそういう感覚はないです。
I like drama CD that with DVD 5,6 , and have heard it for 4-5 times. I'm such a lucky guy
Q: Do you have supernatural sense?
A: I never have a feeling like "There's something evil here..."

担当が落語ばかり聴いてるから最近喋りがそれっぽくなってる。ホント呆れるでゲソ<寛>
My editor always listening to rakugo so recently he talks like rakugo. I'm fed up geso

今年もJリーグが開幕!どんなドラマが待っているのか例年以上にわくわくしてます<寛>
This year J league is begun! I'm excited more than usual year for what kind of drama is waiting

Kagrraの終焉ライブ。温かくて百鬼絢爛なライブで、凄く感動しました。ありがとう<寛>
Kagrra demise live. A warm, gorgeous live. I'm really moved. Thank you

近畿地方の「兵庫県南部地震」で被害を受けられた方々に心よりお見舞い申し上げます。<ひろし>
I give my deepest sympathy for those who receive damage from Kinki's southern Hyougo earthquake.

皆の応援のお陰で三周年を迎えられました。今度は僕が勇気を与えられればと思います。大変な状況を乗り越える力になれれば。<寛>
Thanks to everyone's support, I can have the 3rd anniversary. This time, I hope I can be the one who give courage. I hope I can become a strength to pass this hard situation.

日本代表対Jリーグ選抜、キングカズのゴールに興奮!こりゃ三年後もわからんね!〈寛〉
Japan representative J league selection, King Kazu's goal excited me! We won't know how it will be in 3 years to come!

最近机の周りからなかなか動けない。これが週刊連載なのかなあ…と今更全てに猛省〈筧〉
Recently I'm not moving from around my table. So this is weekly serialization... After such a long time, having a serious reflection

福山さん間島さんぬら孫ラジオ百鬼夜Go!お疲れ様でした!毎週木曜が楽しみでした<寛>
Fukuyama-san, Mashima-san, thanks for Nuramago Radio Hyakki Ya-Go! I'm looking forward it every Thursday

最近仕事中よくアイアンマンの話になる。皆の憧れIM。あんなオッサンになりたい<寛>
Lately in the middle of work, we often talk about Ironman. Everyone's longing, Ironman. I want to be a middle-aged man like him

久々にフットサルをやった!楽しかった!適度な運動は次の日からの活力になります<寛>
After a long time, I play futsal! It's fun! A moderate exercise become energy for the next day

2期のアフレコに行きました!新キャラ登場時にはなるべく立ち会えるよう頑張るぞ(寛)
I went to 2nd season postrecording! I do my best to be present when new character appear

千年魔京一話目を観ましたウヒョー元気になった~ヤバイです放送が楽しみすぎるよ:椎橋
I watched 1st episode of Sennen Makyou. Uhyoo, it made me healthy! It's terrific! I'm really looking forward to the broadcasting

Aに行くと皆の前で挨拶などするのですが、京妖怪の皆様が激シブで…思わず恐縮(笑)<寛> A=アフレコ
When going to postrecording, I greet everyone, Everyone of Kyou-youkai has the aura of refined masculinity... Makes me unintentionally shrivel (lol)

バルセロナのサッカーを見てると色々空想してしまう。未来の戦術とか。凄い魅力だ (寛)
Watching Barcelona soccer makes me fantasize of lots of things. Future tactics for example. Really fascinating

今年の誕生日はTwitterで皆に祝って貰ったり連載表彰式だったりで印象的でした!<寛>
This year birthday, everyone congratulate me by Twitter, in the same day of serialization commendation etc, is really impressive!

アニメ第二期、千年魔京、始まります!なんだかいい予感しかしないね!楽しみ!来週の原稿描くのも楽しみ!今そんな感じです!<寛>
Anime 2nd season, Sennen Makyou, is begin! I can only have a good premonition! I'm looking forward to it! I'm also enjoying drawing the manuscript for next week! That's my feeling for now!

いよいよ放送開始週!千年魔京よろしくお願いします!東京だけ夕方アニメになったよ!あと遠野物語の表紙も描かせて頂き光栄〈寛〉
At last week of anime broadcasting! Please take care of Sennen Makyou! For Tokyo only, it becomes evening anime! Also, I feel honored to given the chance of drawing Toono Monogatari's cover

最近昭和を感じられるサスペンス映画をよく見ます。砂の器と飢餓海峡はやっぱ凄い<寛>
Recently I often watch suspense movie with Showa nuanse. As I thought, Suna no Utsuwa and Kiga Kaikyou really is great

最近見たドラマ…鈴木先生、下流の宴、八日目の蝉…どれも面白い!でも偏ってるな<寛>
Drama I watch recently... Suzuki-sensei, Karyuu no Utage, Youkame no Semi... Every of them is interesting! But it's incline too much to one-side

そろそろ羽衣狐様アニメに出ますか?まだ?今は淀殿?ワクワクしながら待機中~。<寛>
Is the time for Hagoromo Gitsune-sama to appear in anime? Not yet? Right now is Yodo-dono? In standby while being excited.

なでしこJapan,諦めないプレーに感動しました!こりゃー男子も2018年W杯あるな!<寛>
I'm moved with Nadeshiko Japan's team never-give-up play! I say the male team for 2018 World Cup also possible!

まだ信じられない。一志さん…僕はあなたから受けた影響は計り知れないんだ。<寛>
I still can't believe it. Kazushi-san... The influence I got from you is immeasurable.

読切の時、勝手に「月下想葬」をリクオの曲にして描いてた。何度も妄想して描いた<寛>
When drawing one-shot, I arbitrarily draw it while making "Gekka Sousou" as Rikuo's song. I draw while having delusion over and over

コミックス描き下ろしは時間との戦いだ!毎巻ちゃんと出るのが不思議なくらいだ…<寛>
Drawing for the comics (tankoubon) is a battle with time! To the extend it make me feel strange that each volume properly out...

今年のガンバが愛しすぎる楽しすぎる。もうこのまま得失点とも突っ走ってほしい!<寛>
Ganba this year is so dear and enjoyable. Just run swiftly as it is in getting and/or losing point!

毎週A(アニメ)のクオリティーが高くてヤバイ。原作者が言うのもなんですが正直オモロイ・・・<寛>
Every week, anime quality is high and terrify me. I don't know with me as the original author saying this, but frankly, it's interesting...

今流行りの体幹トレーニングを実践中。これで何事も簡単には倒れない男になるぞ!<寛>
In the middle of practicing core training that become a trend recently. With this, I won't become a man who easily collapsed no matter what happen!

J(ジャンプ)デビューより世話になった担当が交代。中路さん今までありがとうございました!<寛>
The editor who had taking care of me from Jump debut is changed. Nakamichi-san, thank you for all the thing you had done for me until now.

新担当への引き継ぎの時、何故かフランスのTV局が取材に入ったりしてカオスでした。<寛>
In the time of taking over to the new editor, don't know why a France TV channel came to do an interview and the situation became chaos.

突然来た海外ドラマ鑑賞ブーム。今はBONESとクリミナルマインド見てますが、しかし調べるほど犯罪捜査モノが多くてビックリ<寛>

ぬらりひょんの孫
椎橋寛先生へ
Q:一番好きな妖怪は誰ですか?

A:母校の体育館に茨木童子をイメージした「角」が生えてた。だから変な親近感あります。
A boom to watch foreign drama suddenly come to me. Right now I'm watching Bones and Criminal Mind, but the more I check I'm surprised on how much the criminal investigation genre.
Q: Who's the youkai you like the most?
A: My alma mater's gym has horn growing with Ibaraki Douji as the image. That's why I have a strange affinity with him.

煩悩を振り払いはた時は九相図の模写をお勧めします。いえ、やっぱりお勧めしません。<寛>
When you want to get rid of worldly desires, I suggest draw a copy of kusouzu. Actually, no, I won't recommend it.

アシスタントしながら自分の作品描くのってホント大変。横田先生掲載オメデトウ!<寛>
It's really hard to draw own work while being an assistant. Yokada-sensei, congratulation for getting published!

普段はあまりですが今期はよく見るなぁドラマ。ベム、ミタ、南極、謎解き、ハンター<寛>
Usually I'm not much on it, but for this time, I often watch drama. Bem, Mita, south pole, puzzle solving, hunter

今月ついにぬら孫ゲームが!半年前の試技では和風なステージ画面やオリジナルストーリーが新鮮で完成を楽しみにしてました!<寛>
This month, at last Nuramago game is out! In the trial play half a year ago, the Japanese style stage screen and original story feel fresh, so I'm looking forward for the complete version!

S(スタッフ)のよしむらかな先生が初単行本を出しました!オメデトウ~皆様よければ見てね!<寛>
One of the staff, Yoshimura Kana-sensei, release her first tankoubon! Congratulation, if everyone don't mind, please read it!

アニメのアフレコ現場に久々参加。本当に多くの方々に支えられてるんだなぁと実感〈寛〉
I showed up in anime post-recording scene after a long time. I have a real feeling that lots of people really have support me

いよいよこの季節…僕はまだ夢見てますよ。今週末に清水で歓喜の時を迎えることを<寛>
At last, it's this season... I still have my dream. Of having the time of joy in Kiyomizu temple this weekend

突然ですが娘が産まれました。只今原稿中ですが早く上げて病院直行したいなぁ〈寛〉
This is sudden, but my daughter is born. I'm still in the middle of working manga script right now, but I can't wait to finish it and go to hospital right after that
What interest me is, how Shiibashi comment on the 2nd season anime and excited on watching it. While he's not when 1st season is aired. I guess the 1st season not really satisfy him, so he's being careful not to saying something bad about the anime (just a prediction).
I wonder why France TV station interviewing him, though?

Last edited:

Nayrael

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Please register to see the content of this post.

hopeandlight

Reaction score
Country
United States

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Sama_al_Azraq

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Nayrael

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States