Game - Shin Prince of Tennis Trivia Quiz [FINISHED] | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Game Shin Prince of Tennis Trivia Quiz [FINISHED]

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Trivia Quiz

Featherwolf is the machine of answers :p

SetsuTheYena

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Haha yea xD Well it is also easy when I'm almost the only active one xD;

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Question Set No. 48 (FINAL QUESTIONS)
Normal (2 pts.): What was the last special move used in Prince of Tennis?
Difficult (3 pts.): What is special about Suzuki when he uses Synchro?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Normal: Cola Vita
This is correct.

Difficult: Echizen, Tanishi and Kenya
This, however, is missing one person: Byoudouin was also sent on the mission during his time at the hidden camp. According to Konomi that's how he lost his shaver (which doesn't really explain why he's beardless during all the flashbacks, but yeah). But essentially it's all Mifune's fault that Byoudouin has a beard now.

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

This, however, is missing one person: Byoudouin was also sent on the mission during his time at the hidden camp. According to Konomi that's how he lost his shaver (which doesn't really explain why he's beardless during all the flashbacks, but yeah). But essentially it's all Mifune's fault that Byoudouin has a beard now.

And all the fangirls now hate Mifune :P

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Question Set No. 48 (FINAL QUESTIONS)
Normal (2 pts.): What was the last special move used in Prince of Tennis?
Samurai Drive

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Difficult: He can use Synchro willingly?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Samurai Drive
This is correct.

Difficult: He can use Synchro willingly?
No, that's not what I was looking for. The answer is that Suzuki's dominant hand changes when he enters Synchro.

And with this, the Shin Prince of Tennis Trivia Quiz comes to an end. Here are the final standings:

1. Featherwolf - 118
(- Kaoz - 79)
2. ChinkyCandy - 33
3. Hardy - 10
4. Philia - 5

Looking at these numbers, there are 5 points too many in there somewhere. I'm not gonna bother going through the entire thread to double check though since the overall result doesn't change. With that said...

The winner is Featherwolf. Congratulations.

Thanks to everyone for participating, thanks to Sai for posting questions last night and thanks to Atobe for helping me come up with questions in the first place.

I'll post my thoughts on the entire event in a bit.

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

What really? That's cool, when did Mouri go to Shiten?
He did sometime during middleschool, but eventually switched to Rikkai later, I assume?

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

T
And with this, the Shin Prince of Tennis Trivia Quiz comes to an end. Here are the final standings:

1. Featherwolf - 118
(- Kaoz - 79)
2. ChinkyCandy - 33
3. Hardy - 10
4. Philia - 5

Looking at these numbers, there are 5 points too many in there somewhere. I'm not gonna bother going through the entire thread to double check though since the overall result doesn't change. With that said...

The winner is Featherwolf. Congratulations.

Thanks to everyone for participating, thanks to Sai for posting questions last night and thanks to Atobe for helping me come up with questions in the first place.

I'll post my thoughts on the entire event in a bit.
Woooohhh! Thanks :D! I was pretty excited about the chance of winning a badge, so I gave it my all xD Though it would have been more fun if we had been more at the same time. Like the few couple of questions where we chatted about the answers.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

He did sometime during middleschool, but eventually switched to Rikkai later, I assume?
Yeah, this is right. It's not mentioned when exactly he decided to switch though.

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Awww look at that. I got a little Inui badge xD

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Alright, so let's start from the top. I chose the system of asking questions over the course of an entire weekend rather than picking out a specific time on one day in order to accommodate for as many timezones and schedules as possible. Previous experience suggested that the number of potential participants would have been very low if the event had been done in that format.

Instead I imagined that people could come in and answer questions whenever they were free regardless of where they live. This morning's activity implies that I should've done this sometime during the week, but I wouldn't have been able to sit in front of my computer all day then and as we've seen during the first night, counting on others to fill in reliably doesn't always work. Unfortunately it also seems like a lot of people were otherwise busy during this past weekend, but it was the only time I was sure I'd definitely be able to host this.

Moving on, apparently you guys had an easier time answering the questions I tagged as more difficult which was obviously unexpected. Also, coming up with almost 100 diverse questions (at least I'd like to think they were rather diverse) was really difficult and I want to thank Atobe again for suggesting some since I wouldn't have been able to think of all those by myself.

In the same vein, I can't imagine doing another trivia quiz with this exact format. If we do it again it'll probably draw a lot more on manga knowledge with tighter time constraints.

Also, Featherwolf answered a lot of questions really damn quickly and I'm kinda curious how I would've done as a participant because of that. But yeah, I think that's about all I have to say about this event. Hope you guys had fun playing.

Lastly, I have something else in mind I'd like to do eventually and I'll probably post about it in the hangout at some point. I'm also casually optimistic that I'll finish the preparations for the next Fan League soonish, so there's that too (hint to the people who want to play another one: I'd probably be more motivated if I wasn't just talking to myself in the discussion thread).

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Thank you a lot Kaoz ^^ It was fun, would had liked to participate more in it. I love knowing useless trivia so it's quite fun to me to go back and check the questions-answers.

Congrats Featherwolf! :confetti

(hint to the people who want to play another one: I'd probably be more motivated if I wasn't just talking to myself in the discussion thread).
Got it o/

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

I can quick add in that I got some real trivia quiz experience. I have done many trivias like this in other fandoms and groups, so I'm trained in quickly looking up answers, for the things I didn't knew beforehand.

So I would love another Trivia quiz. I'm a real sucker for these, but I still think it would have been a lot more fun if more had been able to participate and we could spend more time on discussing and chatting about the questions.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain

It was fun, but the time for answering could be longer and Feather answered basically almost all the questions >.<

SetsuTheYena

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

It was fun, but the time for answering could be longer and Feather answered basically almost all the questions >.<
I think there were plenty of questions I didn't answered xD Also some I just guessed on.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker

Thanks Kaoz.
Congrts Feather. You played like PoP Tezuka.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Featherwolf Shiki shot