Anime - Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Episodes: 12
Airing Date: Oct 4, 2015
Producers: Production I.G, FUNimation Entertainment
Genres: Comedy, Parody, School, Shounen

Synopsis

The school comedy story is set in a junior high school and centers on the original manga's characters such as Eren and Mikasa as they battle with Titans. The spin-off incorporates gags while using Shingeki no Kyojin's story and notable scenes as its basis.

Haze

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Read the manga. Pretty dumb move imo. I'd really appreciate it if they went about animating useful stuff like before the fall, or altogether dropped making dumb movies(lol), and spin off's like these and used the funds and manpower to come up with the second season earlier instead. Also, AoT is becoming more and more of typical shonen lately. I couldn't even imagine a more chikdish appoach to AoT than this. Just my two cents, but 'Sudden Visitors' OVA had plenty tasteful comedy to cover up the comical aspect. We really don't need an entire spin-off series dedicated to making an alternate comical universe imo. At this point, I feel these guys just take the series's popularity and keep coming up with new ways of milking it rather than actually doing what matters. I'd really pay to watch before the fall animated tho, js.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Read the manga. Pretty dumb move imo. I'd really appreciate it if they went about animating useful stuff like before the fall, or altogether dropped making dumb movies(lol), and spin off's like these and used the funds and manpower to come up with the second season earlier instead. Also, AoT is becoming more and more of typical shonen lately. I couldn't even imagine a more chikdish appoach to AoT than this. Just my two cents, but 'Sudden Visitors' OVA had plenty tasteful comedy to cover up the comical aspect. We really don't need an entire spin-off series dedicated to making an alternate comical universe imo. At this point, I feel these guys just take the series's popularity and keep coming up with new ways of milking it rather than actually doing what matters. I'd really pay to watch before the fall animated tho, js.
Same here, this kind of "spin-off" looks rather useless, looks more like fan-service than anything. As you said, it would be best if they animated Before The Fall, or any of the other light novels that were released already. Because they haven't been translated/published outside of Japan (I think?) it would make a great addition to the whole mythology of the show, not to mention that it's also "official" material, and it would be a much more satisfying content than this and all the other useless filler OVAs and such.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I finally got to watch the first two eps today, and I loved them. I enjoy absurdist humour and tasteful spoofs, so this is right up my alley.

*edit*

And I recall a fair amount of criticism for the main series' anime the first time around (for being so ambitious yet having the typical tell-tale rushed scribbles and such throughout), so I suspect the people working on that one want to make sure they don't succumb to that kind of criticism again. Also, is it the same staff working on each of these anime? There seem to be more studios listed for the main series than for the junior high spinoff.

Last edited:

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
I watch it....

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Watched the three episodes today, it's pretty good, Annie is best girl even in the spin-off :blush. I was kinda bummed for the use of some epic tracks of the original series at the beginning but I am used to it now.

I finally got to watch the first two eps today, and I loved them. I enjoy absurdist humour and tasteful spoofs, so this is right up my alley.

*edit*

And I recall a fair amount of criticism for the main series' anime the first time around (for being so ambitious yet having the typical tell-tale rushed scribbles and such throughout), so I suspect the people working on that one want to make sure they don't succumb to that kind of criticism again. Also, is it the same staff working on each of these anime? There seem to be more studios listed for the main series than for the junior high spinoff.
The staff is different indeed, more were working on the main series.

I watch it....

No, why would there be a one?

Last edited:

Haze

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Guess I was too harsh on it when I heard they made yet another spinoff before the second season (Or before the fall). I may give this a try as this is AoT anyway. Any ideas as to how many episodes are out? I recall reading the first two chapters a few months back but I might as well watch them in animation all over again if they are the only ones released in sub.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Third episode came out today and I'm going to watch it soon myself. :D

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
You know, I did read some chapters of the manga version of this and found it mildly amusing, but not much more... However, the anime I find so much funnier! Probably because it pulls off the 'parody' part better :XD .

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Really enjoyed ep 5. So now apparently titans will eat people (maybe only if they're "mad" at them? lol). Also, the wall of their classroom has everybody's favourite food in big letters with their name in small letters next to it. I paused to scan through a couple of shots that showed different parts of the board. Here are some I remember:

Armin: Nikuman (meat bun)
Reiner: Gyuudon (rice bowl with beef on top)
Conny: Kara Age (crispy fried chicken)
Marco: Umeboshi (sour pickled plum)
Jean: Omu Omu (very cutesy name for Jeanbo's omelet rice, or possibly just omelet without the rice?)
Annie: Mozuku (a kind of seaweed... but we know she actually prefers cheeseburgers)
Krista: Strawberry Parfait
Ymir: Monja (monjayaki is savoury pancake similar to okonomiyaki but with runnier batter)
Franz: Hanna <3
Hanna: Franz <3

^^^ Those last two surprised me for a kids' show, but I think they're more innocently implying kissing and not something more like a lot of us might assume...

Other easter eggs include the poster of Levi in Oluo's room, Eld playing a SNK DS game, and Guenther reading the SNK manga itself. :D

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love this anime as its so fun and hilarious, though I didnt think Armins was THAT weak in the main anime or Connie that stupid, lol.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Latest ep was great. I loved the drawings on the wall too. Armin did a nice Mikasa, Mikasa did a photorealistic Eren, Sasha drew Connie as a potato. :XD