Discussion - Shingeki No Kyojin, Gaiden: Kuinaki Sentaku (A Choice with No Regrets) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Shingeki No Kyojin, Gaiden: Kuinaki Sentaku (A Choice with No Regrets)

Masterchef

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yup, a major disappointment but they did an amazing job while it lasted...
In the mean time you can find the Japanese RAW of Chapter 3 on tumblr, just run a tag search for 'acwnr spoiler' or 'a choice with no regrets' and scroll until you find it. A kind tumblerite wrote up an English summary of the pages as well (Sorry, I don't want to put a hot link to a tumblr account). GREAT CHAPTER for character development!

Are you serious ? You find it great ? To me this spin-off is a massive disapointment in term of storytelling and even character development... I love the drawings, but i regret (lol) how bad it's written, nothing happen and unfortunately, it's kind of slow and fast at the same time. I think there's a real problem of structure and narrative rythm. For example, look at the 1st chapter, the author take 42 pages for Chasing Levi, why ? Why wasting almost 42 pages when you can use this in... maybe 1/3 of the manga itself :blink ? 1st and 2nd chapter could've merge into one, and just conclude at the SL Headquarter (when Levi said "I'm here to kill that Blondie"). I'm still trying to figure out why this is so clumsy when it come to narrate this story plus the (serious) lack of Cliffhanger.

I would definitely prefer Isayama to write this script, the story would've been maybe different, but way better.

riccaXX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

I read the end of ACWNR, the translation of the visual novel, and omg the feels (for you who havn't read it: x)

I know this isn't a happy manga, but I really have cravings for something happy to happen now XD They can't just have failures all the time..

---------- Post added April 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was April 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM ----------

I don't know if you guys have seen these:

http://erwvi.tumblr.com/read/no-regrets-special

http://whiteflowertranslations.tumblr.com/read/snk-acwnr-extra-sirius

Two extra chapters, but one of them seems to be incomplete..

Maxtina

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Chapter 8 is coming out . . . I'm seeing some spoilers here and there on Tumblr.

Oh, hello, by the way. :)

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Last edited by a moderator:

flyingwind66

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What kind of crimes did Levi and crew commit? hopefully we will know about them in the chapters to come.I am really curious about that. Is he an arms trafficker? human trafficker? does he steal from the rich to give to the poor? Does he steal stuff just for himself and his crew alla Lupin? idk...but since Erwin said that he could forget about Levi's crimes as long as he joined the survey corps then I think the plot will close the door on this and not mention his crimes again, maybe we will get something in passing.
You know... I was wondering the exact same thing... and I really hope the manga doesn't just close the door on that! If fiction has taught me anything, it's that his 'crimes' probably involved stealing a loaf of bread or a wheel of cheese to feed his sister (Isabel) because she just wouldn't stop her ghastly singing.

seadrag0n

Reaction score
Country
India
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin: Chapter 74 Discussion / 75 Predictions

wow you guys give pretty detailed replies which is great :D....can anyone what happened with the "Shingeki no Kyojin - Birth of Levi: Kuinaki Sentaku" manga? no continuation for it?

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin: Chapter 74 Discussion / 75 Predictions

wow you guys give pretty detailed replies which is great :D....can anyone what happened with the "Shingeki no Kyojin - Birth of Levi: Kuinaki Sentaku" manga? no continuation for it?
There's only 8 chapters/2 volumes, it ended after that.

Haze

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I have watched the ova episodes till the episode where Levi beheads this titan after Isabel and Farlan are killed. Is that the last episode or is there more after it?

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall