Voting Round 3 - Shingeki no Kyojin vs. Hunter x Hunter | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Shingeki no Kyojin vs. Hunter x Hunter

Who wins?

• Shingeki no Kyojin

• Hunter x Hunter

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Even with its painfully long hiatuses, Hunter x Hunter wins this in my opinion very easily. Everything is thought out, battles aren't just a show of physical strength but how well you can think and react in battle. It also has very good characterization and story depth per arc, and the MC isn't an overpowered moon-brain like Goku or Naruto that just wins and wins without much effort.

If anyone here hasn't given it a shot, hop into it. One of the best mangas out there, and the 2011 anime is incredible. Never a dull moment all around and you will enjoy how different it is to everything else around it.

HxH gets my vote, by the way. :)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Even with its painfully long hiatuses, Hunter x Hunter wins this in my opinion very easily. Everything is thought out, battles aren't just a show of physical strength but how well you can think and react in battle. It also has very good characterization and story depth per arc, and the MC isn't an overpowered moon-brain like Goku or Naruto that just wins and wins without much effort.

If anyone here hasn't given it a shot, hop into it. One of the best mangas out there, and the 2011 anime is incredible. Never a dull moment all around and you will enjoy how different it is to everything else around it.

HxH gets my vote, by the way. :)
I won't disagree with your post, as I'm very uneducated when it comes to HxH, but most of the awesome things you just described apply to SnK as well, so as a voter that's not really a convincing argument '-'

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I won't disagree with your post, as I'm very uneducated when it comes to HxH, but most of the awesome things you just described apply to SnK as well, so as a voter that's not really a convincing argument '-'
Not from what I've read of SnK. :kappa though honestly, it is hard to imagine much of anything out there that compares to the style and quality of HxH. I try dozens and dozens of new mangas every month, haven't seen anything quite like it.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not from what I've read of SnK. :kappa though honestly, it is hard to imagine much of anything out there that compares to the style and quality of HxH. I try dozens and dozens of new mangas every month, haven't seen anything quite like it.
Even Berserk?

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
HxH is the hunted and AOT is the hunters~

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry H x H SNK is my favourite Shounen so definetly going with Attack on Titan.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I enjoy both series, but HxH is just something else for me. One of the few series that has genuinely had my interest the whole way through and has never disappointed me content wise. AoT on the other hand has Mikasa, and at points has had my interest slip a little so with my burning dislike for Mikasa and everything else in mind this is an easy vote for HxH.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Not from what I've read of SnK. :kappa
SnK' story goes to so many places, becomes so wide and complex and changes so much - keeping up with it's awesome pace - that only if you read everything so far I'd understand where one's impressions come from XD A "Not from what I read" sentence is a good indication that your perspective on the series won't be a good reference for the rest, since it's simply lacking.

SnK is my pick for this competition now since it's basically the series that got me back to enjoying mangas overall. It had been years since I woudn't pick up anything, basically 'cause nothing would get it going for me. I've watched and enjoyed some animes in the meantime, which isn't that hard when I can do those just lazily laying from my bed, but to get me sitting in from of a computer to read 95+ monthly chapters at once, within 2 weeks, it's really something for my sloth-self. I think only ASOIAF got me in such a hardcore reading spree? It felt so nice to come back to this world and find enjoyment and excitment in its works...
I know for sure only a great series (towards my eyes, I take it) would cause that on me.

So going for the series with this gigantic world, intriguing and captivating characters, and a lot of gore as a bonus '-' , that engulfed my attention and dragged me inside its turmoils.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Urgh, this is bad...
Shingeki no Kyojin plotwists got me even more invested in this Manga and the second one has always been an interesting read since the beginning...
Guess I'll go with HXH. :verily

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Seeing H x H dominate is disgusting. I love it, but it isn't as high on the characters as SnK has been lately. So therefore...

*Votes SnK*

Besides, I must ensure HxH doesn't end up confronting OP. NOTHING must interfere with the conclusion we all know is coming...

P.S Zehahahahah~

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
But more seriously, I'm going with HxH.

Attack on titans has a great plot and this feeling of "anyone can die" , the freight that characters can die is delicously opressing. But Togashi has just this unique writing skill. Renewing himself in every arc, taking different original approaches for the various characters and the working of Nen is just genius IMO.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I repeat. Hunter x Hunter is the best shounen in history. Period.

On a more serious note, Shingeki is a great series and had many amazing parts. On the other hand some of the later parts just aren't up to par in my eyes and I'm not exactly pleased with some of the reveals... Nothing like that happened with Hunter x Hunter, I enjoyed every arc a damn lot. The sheer variety speaks for itself, each arc is it's own unique thing and unlike what came before. The cast is amazing too, despite being so huge. The Chimera Ant arc still remains one of my favourite arcs in any manga.

Yep, Hunter x Hunter got my vote.

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Voted SnK, Hiatus x Hiatus doesn't deserve my vote.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
You won't have such a beautiful and strong women character in H x H like this

So vote SNK.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
There is Palm, Biscuit, Machi, Shizuku, Pitou(maybe) :heh.

Mikasa isn't even that pretty.
Biscuit loli or Gorilla

Pitou not a human woman.She is too short.

Palm will scare anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.