Slash Series - Shingeki no Kyojin | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Slash Series Shingeki no Kyojin

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Now that Shingeki no Kyojin has hit it big its time for there to be a proper BL/Yaoi thread for it. Rejoice!

Feel free to discuss the boys relationships with one another, fawn over (sourced) fanart, post fanfic, etc.

I'll start first! I'll put this under manga spoilers since the anime is ongoing.

I ship Reiner/Bertolt. I've always had a fondness for childhood friendships but they are really broken and I enjoy that. They are terrible people having done catastrophically terrible things but...I just wish they could understand each other better. Bertolt has serious codependency issues and Reiner tries too hard to be strong for the both of them. It would be nice if they stay alive in the meanwhile...

I also ship Jean/Armin and Eren/Armin...mainly because Armin is a pretty capable guy, and he complements both of them. He's very analytical and becoming almost ruthless at it, while Eren and Jean both think with their gut.

Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ah, after so many sexy fanart, i ship Irwin and Rivaille (and Rivaille and Mikasa, but that belongs to another place), or EruRi, as people tag it.

I saw people on Tumblr commenting on some happenings between Irwin and Rivaille in the novel. I still have to check it, i am now curious. :blush

How about some smexy fanart then?

エルリ
Pixiv ID: 35815811
Member: 302(サンゴン)

初始之衷
Pixiv ID: 36798646
Member: 早川亞

And so many doujinshis. :wtf

Georgie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only ship I ship hardcore is Erwin x Levi. To me, they are canon (yeah, I don't truly believe that but you know what i mean ;)) and I can't see them with anyone else but each other. I do like Jean x Armin too, but I don't fangirl as much over them like I used to. Jean x Marco was my otp before Erwin x Levi. I like Reiner x Bertholdt as well. And that's pretty much it.
Ah, I don't ship Eren xArmin but the manga makes it look like Armin has more than just brotherly feels for Eren, which makes me believe that he's into Eren so I don't mind Eremin.
There is going to be a Levi spin off manga about his early days as a thug and how he met Erwin. People think that it's going to be based off of the visual novel, which is Levi's and Erwin's past story. So fan girls have been freaking out over it.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh awesome thread idea, I never liked Jean Marco much, though probably more because I think Marco is a bit on the dull side (well hes a nice guy and etc), but found the idea of Jean and Eren to be way more exciting in a certain kind of way. Plus it always feels as if Jean is the true main character and he consistently has Eren on the mind.

Pixiv

Really love Jean a lot and consistently my main reason for watching the series, wouldnt read it.

Also do like Eren and Rivaille, read lots of doujins for them, though would wish there were more Eren Jean ones.

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
After re-reading SnK for the past few days, I've grown to love Erwin/Levi. (28 cm height difference? Yes please. :blush)

The manga doesn't focus too much on the two interacting as I would have liked, and that's why I'm excited for the visual novel/backstory. It would certainly add fuel the fire.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
After re-reading SnK for the past few days, I've grown to love Erwin/Levi. (28 cm height difference? Yes please. :blush)

The manga doesn't focus too much on the two interacting as I would have liked, and that's why I'm excited for the visual novel/backstory. It would certainly add fuel the fire.
I love height differences, though I kind of like the Levi eren one going on (just how tall are both, dont think Ive seen any heights beyond just guessing from one or two random scenes in the anime and what I saw in doujin positioning).

Tygresse

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gah! Thank goodness for this thread. I was reading the SnK forum pairing thread and was struck by how inflexible some peoples minds are. Just because something isn't canon doesn't mean that it's not an interesting idea worth pursuing.

I ship all the things. I'm a ridiculous multishipper. I have OTPs and OT3s and am shameless. ;-)

So far for yaoi, I've been most interested in Levi/Eren, Jean/Marco, Erwin/Levi, and Reiner/Bertolt

I'm a doujinshi collector, so I'm in the process of collecting SnK books (as I'm new to the fandom), and I'll scanlate whatever I find!

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Saw this cover on twitter, its all sorts of perfect, jean eren even.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I love height differences, though I kind of like the Levi eren one going on (just how tall are both, dont think Ive seen any heights beyond just guessing from one or two random scenes in the anime and what I saw in doujin positioning).
Levi is 160cm, and Eren is 170cm. (Erwin is 188cm. LOL :XD)

Unless Levi gets paired up with Connie or Armin, he will always be the shortest one. It would be kind of sad IRL, but it's adorable here. (here = BL land)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Levi is 160cm, and Eren is 170cm. (Erwin is 188cm. LOL :XD)

Unless Levi gets paired up with Connie or Armin, he will always be the shortest one. It would be kind of sad IRL, but it's adorable here. (here = BL land)
Connie is that short too? I always sort have Connie and Jean/Eren sometimes going on, hes really underrated. [And Connie's voice actor does so many of my favorite roles]

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Connie is that short too? I always sort have Connie and Jean/Eren sometimes going on, hes really underrated. [And Connie's voice actor does so many of my favorite roles]
Connie is 158cm, I believe, and his height is why Ymir bugs him.

I can definitely see a ship happening with him and Jean due to the interactions between them in the beginning. (Perhaps Reiner/Connie as well?) I agree that he's really underrated. Connie needs love too!!!

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If this chart is right, even Armin is taller than Rivaille. :teehee

No idea about Auro, Petra, etc.

Georgie

Reaction score
Country
United States
the jean x armin shipper in me is full of feels and headcanons thanks to chapter 50 :wtf
I feel so bad for Jean because he seems lonely and he tried to bond with Armin but Armin wasn't really paying him much attention and then chap. 50 happened and I'm glad that Jean is finding friendship with Armin.
They could have died together. in each others arms! I hope Jean finds out that Armin was protecting him with his life once he wakes up and doesn't feel so lonely. that he knows that there is someone who cares:worrybunny

Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It wasn't just Armin and Jean moments that happened, Reiner and Bert also shined. :XD
Reiner could only take Eren from his mind in the moment that Bert would get in danger.

This chapter was certainly dedicated to shipping. :lmao
Be it yaoi, yuri or straight ships. :D

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have to admit, I'm starting to like Jean/Armin a lot more since chapter 50. I think there's something about them that's really cool. They're quite similar to each other, but have completely different ways of doing things (Jean has more heart, Armin knows what needs to be sacrificed).

Also, was it just me or was Jean being tsundere on the cover? Because he wasn't looking at Mikasa, more like he was looking away for other reasons. :toc

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm still a fan of Jean/Mikasa, but I also like Jean/Armin. Threesome? :teehee

And I've always been a Bert/Reiner shipper since the beginning.

In terms of everything, and although I was depressed over other events, chapter 50 was a good one for us shippers, huh? :p

Georgie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to admit, I'm starting to like Jean/Armin a lot more since chapter 50. I think there's something about them that's really cool. They're quite similar to each other, but have completely different ways of doing things (Jean has more heart, Armin knows what needs to be sacrificed).
"there is something about them." Exactly. Nothing too shippy goes on in the manga but their personalities just go well together. It's like if a professional matchmaker was trying to find a match for Jean, the matchmaker would def choose Armin.

That cover. I love it. Everyone else is minding their own business, even Jean, the only person interacting with someone is Armin to Jean. He is smiling, looks genuinely happy and hands him the potato. Ah, my little jeanarmin shipper heart melts with feels.

And yeah, chapter 50 was pretty shippy for any pairing. Mikasa x Eren, Eren x Armin, Jean x Armin, Ymir x Historia, and of course Reiner x Bertholdt.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Even though my OTP is Erwin/Levi, I actually like all the ships that everyone here suggested. Recent chapters have made me quite partial to Jean/Armin and Reiner/Bertoldt.

In SnK, I ship everyone with everyone. Everyone X Everyone <3

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
^ I have to admit though, there is one pairing I'm uncomfortable in shipping, but mostly due to angst reasons. And that's Jean/Marco.

It's a very personal reason though-- I just think its too sad to think they were lovers before Marco died! But I understand and agree why people ship them...I just find it too angsty for me. (sorry if this offends Jean/Marco shippers)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I always thought jean marco is a boring one, marco is just too nice, and was kind of invisible in the anime.