Seinen - Shion no Ou by Katori Masaru & Ando Jiro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Shion no Ou by Katori Masaru & Ando Jiro

Xiphias

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shion no Ou: The Flowers of Hard Blood
by KATORI Masaru
[highlight]Genre(s):[/highlight] Drama, Mystery, Seinen

Yasuoka Shion lost her parents, and her voice, when she was young...in a murder.She was found amidst a blood-soaked room, and the only hint for the suspect was a Shougi board and one piece: the King. Now, Shion steps into the world of female professional Shougi players. As her popularity and fame slowly rises, so do the questions about her past, particularly the murder case that was never solved.

So what does everyone think of this series?

Darkinator

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Shion no Ou

does someone know where to find chapter 43+ raws
or
Afternoon (Kodansha) magazine raws downloads ?

if yes let me know please :D

eternalmetal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Shion no Ou

Does anyone know if the anime is worth watching, or if the manga is just nowhere near completion? I dont think the anime is done yet, but at this point you could probably draw conclusions of whether their will be a decent ending or not. It sounds interesting to me, but I am one of those people who usually chooses between an anime or a manga.

From what I can see, only up to chapter 12 has been scanlated. Which is quite dissapointing considering it is quite far behind the raws. As far as the raws, #lurk has up to volume 6, which probably means you wont be able to find anything past that. I dont know if 43+ refers to vol 6+. Sorry I cant help you.

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Imho opinion the anime is very good and I believe in this case you can wath it and also read the manga.

Xiphias

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

From what I can see, only up to chapter 12 has been scanlated. Which is quite dissapointing considering it is quite far behind the raws. As far as the raws, #lurk has up to volume 6, which probably means you wont be able to find anything past that. I dont know if 43+ refers to vol 6+. Sorry I cant help you.
I'm at v3 just waiting for some qc and I'll have v3 all out by next month or month after. I actually should get close or all the way with the magazine by the end of this year. School just takes a lot of my time thus the slow releases up till now. That and I wish to keep the scans HQ or as close as possible.

Chapter 43 hasn't been released in tanks. But it would be the first chapter of volume 8.

Imho opinion the anime is very good and I believe in this case you can wath it and also read the manga.
The anime keeps to the same story and details as the manga, from what I've seen of the anime so far.

Sidenote:
If you have trouble understanding the shogi terms or want to know more about shogi in general Here. Or if your lazy ask me and I'll give you an answer here.

Last edited:

ginrai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

yeah there something weird yet good rumour going on that the shion no ou anime extended 13 episodes yet i can't find confirmation on it!keep up the good work xiphias&HisshouBuraiKen

eternalmetal

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ah I see, it does deviate. Was wondering how that was gonna work. I should definitely start watching this, it looks quite interesting.

Xiphias

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Also the Anime just got expanded 13 episodes to a total of 26.

Also about the raws the series is at v8 c45 as of this month. Got this months raw from a friend. If anyone else needs raws I have them up on a server. Re-uploading v01 and v02 since someone else I know requested them.

Tank v01-06. Mag v07 c 41 and v08 c45
Shion Raws

Also I'm going to try to release all of volume 3 next month all at once so just wait please.

Last edited:

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

In case anyone was wondering, the magazine Shion is printed in is "Monthly Afternoon" - new chapters come out each month. That's why most of them hover around the 40-page mark.

Last edited:

Xiphias

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

In case anyone was wondering, the magazine Shion is printed in is "Monthly Afternoon" - new chapters come out each month. That's why most of them hover around the 40-page mark.
Afternoon is probably the best monthly seinen magazine that is being published right now. But yea next month will be v08 c46 of Shion.