Voting Round 1 - Shirayuki vs. Boa Hancock | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Shirayuki vs. Boa Hancock

Who wins?

• Shirayuki

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Boa Hancock

Votes: 36 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Shirayuki is one of the few female leads who has a romance that starts early in the manga but doesn't always have to be about Prince Charming... she literally spends entire arcs (if I'm not mistaken, years) away from Zen focusing on her own goals/job as a pharmacist. And she's a sweet person to boot. As a waifu she lacks that certain edge or distinctive appeal that other candidates may offer, but she really doesn't need all that.

That said, I like to indulge on the finer things in life, so I'll probably vote Boa Hancock
I haven't caught up with the manga (IRL just sucks sometimes :emocat), but I do know that Shirayuki tends to go to her own path than to be dependent on others, even to her own love interest. That's what has been established since at the beginning and still holds up. She may not be any different, but she has the smarts and resourcefulness to go.

And the odds are against me here, but I'll still do my outmost best to campaign :^_^

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
nd the odds are against me here, but I'll still do my outmost best to campaign :^_^
Hmm, appealing to the underdog emotion... that's fair.

I haven't voted so I'll wait. Since it's you plus Shirayuki I could change my mind.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Boa who? You mean the woman whose defining trait is loving Luffy to a ridiculous level and hating every other man out there? No thank you. For Luffy she could be a great waifu, towards most others she behaves like an asshole. Shirayuki definitely got my vote, even though I don't know much about her :XD

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Simply because I know more about her, I voted for Boa.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For Luffy she could be a great waifu, towards most others she behaves like an asshole.
See, I have no problem with this. If Boa is my waifu it's my fantasy - I become Luffy. And if not, worst case scenario is she'd walk all over me - and I'm totally down with that. :derp

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
See, I have no problem with this. If Boa is my waifu it's my fantasy - I become Luffy. And if not, worst case scenario is she'd walk all over me - and I'm totally down with that. :derp
Well tbh I still care how my waifu treats others, and if she treats most others like they're garbage then I would feel pretty bad about that... =/ Even if she treats me like a king, if everyone else gets treated like a slave I couldn't stay together with someone like that.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Boa who? You mean the woman whose defining trait is loving Luffy to a ridiculous level and hating every other man out there? No thank you. For Luffy she could be a great waifu, towards most others she behaves like an asshole. Shirayuki definitely got my vote, even though I don't know much about her :XD
But isn't that the point of this event? Put yourself in Luffy's place, and Hancock gets to treat you like she does him.
Not to mention she has completely justified reasons for hating men :hmph
EDIT:Nvm, @Brandish beat me to it

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well tbh I still care how my waifu treats others, and if she treats most others like they're garbage then I would feel pretty bad about that... =/ Even if she treats me like a king, if everyone else gets treated like a slave I couldn't stay together with someone like that.
That makes sense (I agree). I read your post as her being Luffy-centric and for no one else, for waifu purposes that is.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
You re really a sweet guy
! but thinking about it

I dont mind if my beloved will behave like that with other women !
i could live a paceful life, jelly-free :catshrug

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I gonna vote for Shirayuki at least it's a character that I know is waifu material about unlike Boa Hancock ( :grumble ) but I may reconsider my vote...

I've reconsidered my vote ( :lambirb ) Shirayuki it is :catshrug

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Part 1:Aesthetic appeal
I touched a little on who Hancock was in my first post, now it's about time we get to her better qualities. I apologize in advance if the post sounds a little too shallow and superficial, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :hee
As mentioned in my first post, Hancock is absolutely gorgeous. No seriously, this woman is dead drop beautiful, to the point that she's capable of making most people guys who meet her instantly fall for her.

She is also sexy, something I think speaks volumes for itself in the story :hurr

And despite all this, she has also shown to be irresistibly cute at times :wtf

Additionally, her fashion sense is completely brilliant. This is the type of woman you could go out with in public and be proud of because she dresses to kill.
I mean....

This is her in casual wear, without even TRYING to be flashy :catshrug
Impressed yet? Wait, there's more

That's it for the away feats, now time for the local feats

FYI, away goals>Local goals :heh

Even when she dresses in her OWN home she's still a bomb :blush
Now go vote Boa :8C

Or else you'll all end up facing her wrath :fan

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Is fodder who couldn't take down a single Pirate ship

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I haven't caught up with the manga (IRL just sucks sometimes :emocat), but I do know that Shirayuki tends to go to her own path than to be dependent on others, even to her own love interest. That's what has been established since at the beginning and still holds up. She may not be any different, but she has the smarts and resourcefulness to go.

And the odds are against me here, but I'll still do my outmost best to campaign :^_^
Oh, I didn't know that. That makes Shirayuki more awesome than I thought.

TrienDarkform

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Excuse the large animation, but I think this scene (slightly condensed/edited for size) summarizes things somewhat nicely: :tem

As mentioned before, not a physical fighter, but in no way lacking in strength and willpower as a character, willing and to do whatever it takes to be with Zen without being reliant on his royal position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.