Chapter - Shokugeki no Soma ~Le Dessert~ Chapter 3 Spoilers and Discussion | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shokugeki no Soma ~Le Dessert~ Chapter 3 Spoilers and Discussion

xNierx

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
This is the end???? Just like that????? What's the purpose he gone to training for 2 chapter?????
Obviously it was a tactic to get rid of the supposed protagonist, because they had to give a true ending to the true protagonist of the series and thus close his story.

-Stray

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Wait.. that was it!? after 10 dang years of time skip thats all we get? no closure or anything?

dvtclock

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
We got one, finally Shokugeki no Erina end with all naikiri family member sit down together and enjoy their meal, Happily ever after, the end

BlackLion

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well the shippers should be happy since we have a clear Sorina development
Still this was also true in the last chapter, the only thing these three chapters add is some Yukihira Family backstory (which could've been put in a single chapter in the actual manga just by avoiding some useless Asahi crap)

JonDou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Wait.. that was it!? after 10 dang years of time skip thats all we get? no closure or anything?
The author did say that their original idea for the series was to make a story about people eating food so good that their clothes explode in ecstasy and he did give us that at the end. Serves us right for reading too much into the story....

mike allan

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Well the shippers should be happy since we have a clear Sorina development
Still this was also true in the last chapter, the only thing these three chapters add is some Yukihira Family backstory (which could've been put in a single chapter in the actual manga just by avoiding some useless Asahi crap)
yeah soma and erina realize there feelings with each other

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
twist...Soma dies a few years later from the same illness as his mother
I am pretty confident that Jouichiro is smart enough to get Soma examined for such a thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now that I’ve been able to actually read the last chapter, here is my thoughts.

Love the book end, we started this series with a disgusting dish and end with the same gag.

While not explicit, Soma has found the person to cook for. An official thing would’ve been better.

I love how Megumi completed her journey from nearly a dropout to one of my most sought chefs in Northern Japan.

I am sad we didn’t get a final seat list, though it probably doesn’t matter except for showboating.

Eizan, Yoshino, and Ikumi is a weird but clever trio.

Soma has finally earned the right to run the diner.

I am ok with the grandparent retcon, because grandpa lost his daughter when he was only in his 50s.

So Tamako’s death is rather tragic and unrelated to his scar. I am more confident that the Jou/Soma gross challenge is in her memory.

Asahi Nakiri isn’t something I will ever get used to. Can’t wait for the Megumi/Asahi fanfics.

Ryou looks like Soe and Azami now.

And finally, I wonder who is married to Hayama?

mike allan

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am pretty confident that Jouichiro is smart enough to get Soma examined for such a thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now that I’ve been able to actually read the last chapter, here is my thoughts.

Love the book end, we started this series with a disgusting dish and end with the same gag.

While not explicit, Soma has found the person to cook for. An official thing would’ve been better.

I love how Megumi completed her journey from nearly a dropout to one of my most sought chefs in Northern Japan.

I am sad we didn’t get a final seat list, though it probably doesn’t matter except for showboating.

Eizan, Yoshino, and Ikumi is a weird but clever trio.

Soma has finally earned the right to run the diner.

I am ok with the grandparent retcon, because grandpa lost his daughter when he was only in his 50s.

So Tamako’s death is rather tragic and unrelated to his scar. I am more confident that the Jou/Soma gross challenge is in her memory.

Asahi Nakiri isn’t something I will ever get used to. Can’t wait for the Megumi/Asahi fanfics.

Ryou looks like Soe and Azami now.

And finally, I wonder who is married to Hayama?
Its obviously erina is the person that soma's talking about
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Soma is confident that he manage erina to say his food is delicious this time its obviously she the special someone he want to devote all his cooking...... Just joichiro to tamako... Also as granpa said everytime soma back in japan erina the one who always taste his new dish....

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Instead of focusion on the bad, let me see it off with one of best things this series has done: the scene of the first challengr after her passing.

It was such a subtle and masterfull few panels of visual storytelling:

The transition of Jou hugging Souma to being by himself, the subtle beard, Souma's small cry marks on his eyes, and the way Jou light up when he asked that...
Fuck, I cried.

Four perfect panels

Teppei Kappei Yappei Ippo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Im looking back...at first 50-90 chapters..and on till last arc..... This Ending is definitelly no somth how author intended to end it.

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This page pretty much describes my thoughts on the chapter...

MAZUIS

BlackstarSkywalker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Do you think the cover of the last volume will be with the Yukihira family? How the last covers have been for the Nakiri family, it seems to me that the Yukihira are perfect for closing.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Is it bad that I now headcanon Soma dying the same way his mum did?

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone noticed or cares, but Marui wasnt in the final chapter (he’ll, I don’t even think he was in the epilogue)

Just an observation.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Not sure if anyone noticed or cares, but Marui wasnt in the final chapter (he’ll, I don’t even think he was in the epilogue)

Just an observation.
He was in chapter 1

stratofortress

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
9 pages left and some manga of soma
It will be on fan book (special book) which is (Gourmet Soma Last Fan Book -creators' specialite)

stratofortress

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End

more complete information, in the recipe book there is a 9 page souma story