Should I purchase the Berserk volumes now that they're back in-stock with Dark Horse? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Should I purchase the Berserk volumes now that they're back in-stock with Dark Horse?

wubikro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After years of nearly every volume being OOP, Berserk has finally come back into stock with Dark Horse. Every volume can be pre-ordered over on rightstuf for around ~$10, with an October 23rd ETA.

With that in mind, would anyone recommend that I purchase the volumes while I have the chance? No telling if this is only a limited reprinting after all. I've heard good things about the series, but I've also heard the pacing gets shot to hell after volume 20 and that the series takes a general decline at this point. I've heard the story doesn't really move forward at all, and that it's mostly just twenty volumes of twaddling about after the Golden Age arc.

Would it be worth purchasing the volumes? Or would I be better off reading Edited Mangas?

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
On one side, there are benefits to owning the physical copies. You can really take in the story in a way that digital can't. Also, if this is the last re-printing of the previous volumes, you can look forward to doubling your investment somewhere down the line.

As for the quality of Berserk? Great story, but no one knows for sure whether it will ever be concluded. Honestly, I don't know what is worse than an unfinished magnum opus.