Battle Round 2 - Simon vs. Keigo Atobe | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Round 2 Simon vs. Keigo Atobe

Who wins?

• Simon

• Keigo Atobe

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Simon
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Keigo Atobe
Prince of Tennis

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Hmm poopie likes Prince of Tennis right

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
mid series Simon is best Simon.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I mean, to be fair, Atobe went through the same.

In any case, hm, Gurren Lagann... Please click on the song as you read my post... It's a really good song, admittedly.

Hopefully you are reading this after clicking on the song...

Honestly, damn, we are against Niichan. He could nominate Shou Tucker and still walk into the finals. Unfortunate but whatever, we did what we could.

Atobe doesn't stand a chance... Sorry to disappoint you @Shobu_Yoruichi your defeat was in vain :/

We did try I guess, and a lot. You guys can go back and check all our campaigns and even the ones we did in the past for Atobe, showing our love for him and the series <3

But the end came sooner than we all wanted...

Do the impossible!

See the invisible!

Row! Row!

Fight the power!

Touch the untouchable!

Break the unbreakable!

Row! Row!

Fight the power!

What you gonna do is

🍆 What you wanna do 🍆

Just break the roof

and you see the truth, uh-huh

This is theme of the "G" coming through baby!

GO! GO!

VOTE ATOBE!

drops mic

All official art, the king needs no embellishment.

Last edited:

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
But poopie, wasn't it someone else nom'ing this prince, I'm confused?

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Does it matter? 🤔 A single person campaigning doesn't do Atobe justice, so we are legion.
Ach so. Seems won't meet your legion earlier than in finals. So good luck :p

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Maybe I should pick someone to campaign for me too :^)

In any case, Simon is one of the few guys in this tournament who's already proven his husbandoness.

Proposing like a true chad even as a teen

And turning it into reality

I'll wait for more before voting. Atobe is like the best sugar daddy tho.

Be worse if you picked on him. That's some serious gym'ing there!
I dunno, I would much rather have someone who sticks with his girl and decides to fight together.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Maybe I should pick someone to campaign for me too :^)
People have always done it when they like a character, why is it bad now? I thought the event was about the husbandos themselves.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Oh, glad you read all of our past campaigns and mentioned things Atobe excels at

It's not bad, it was just a little jab :p

Before I share nothing, here's further prove what a man this guy was even as a kid

1. Badass
Ikr did you see all that panels I shared, and that's like, 33% of his matches, not even appearances (and not counting filler).

Yes, without a shadow of a doubt!

Holycow said:
It’s true, he’s rich, he’s obnoxiously rich, but he’s also not greedy:

-He threw a zeppelin party for an entire city for his best friend, because this friend felt sad.
-He donated equipment to poorer schools, and because another captain wanted to explore space, he hurried along his space station build.
-He hosts multiple training camps, lets his friends use his facilities, and upgraded his school in one of the best onees there is.He’s arrogantly rich, but beneficially so.

Atobe Keigo is a very confident and determined person. When he gets pushed in a corner, he bites back, but is not afraid to admit his defeat, and does everything to reach his and his teams’ goals, including working his ass off.
Waterlinkedgirl said:
No but for real, get this man as your husband, he'll give you everything in the world because he's a very attentive, dedicated and insightful man! Who will move mountains to make dreams come true! The winner will be Atobe!!.
3. Charismatic
Absurdly so!

Holycow said:
Tenipuri is steaming with husbandos, but Atobe Keigo here is a special boy. He is the most ridiculous, most popular guy, and most likely the founder of the stereotype of obnoxiously rich and popular guys in mainstream media. In the yearly character polls, he placed 1st for over 12 years, in a manga with more than 100 characters. He has received more than a million chocolates from real life Atobe waifus.

Does this automatically make him an amazing husband? No, but consider, this guy got a real life train. (His incredible visage is on the side). He got it today. He is relevant. Now close your eyes and think of your husbando. Does he have a train?

Atobe’s legacy spreads far and wide, if you don’t shudder at hearing the name Atobe, you’re doing something wrong, because this man has a kingdom, and a semi-official holiday. Yes, this national holiday is called the national foundation day of Atobe kingdom (It's somewhere in february). Did you also know that Atobe's birtmonth october is officially Atobe month. If you have the stamina to finish reading this, you will see, hear, and feel Atobe in your sleep.

Enough about how amazing Atobe is and why you should worship him with your life.

Atobe Keigo, or as he calls himself, "The King", is the captain of the Hyotei tennis club, which counts 200 players. As a first year (think 12 years old), he managed to overthrow the tennis club and the school.

Whether you think this is impressive, I’ll leave up to you, but consider that he makes 200 individual training arrangements and knows each of his players by name and face. Aside from that he’s also the student council president, who knows the name and face of every student at his school. All 1652 students.
It's not bad, it was just a little jab :p
Uh, alright.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Time for some last day campaigning:

So what I think makes Simon great is that he's initially a rather weak-willed boy, someone who's often scared and insecure.

But he gets dragged along by Kamina, and is inspired by him. I think almost everyone knows that famous catchphrase from TTGL: "Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the me who believes in yourself." Namely, if you don't have the fortitude to believe in yourself, learn to accept and see your own strength through others. I mean, if others believe in you, that says more than enough - and eventually makes you able to stand on your own feet.

And Simon does just that. At some point he loses his mentor and closest friend, and obviously gets depressed, but ultimately he's able to move past that and tries to become the man he aspires to be.

Now what gives him strength isn't the fact that others believe in him, it's the fact that he believes in himself AND the people around him. It's because of that he's capable of rising to the challenge, and ends up beating the bad guy himself.

After that he grows up, and rebuilds the civilization they lost in the past. He's not just about fighting and friends, though, like so many anime characters out there. You know who I'm talking about if you've seen my last posts: Nia Teppelin. They help cheer each other up when they're kids, and grow to love each other.

In the end, they become a couple that supports each other no matter what happens. Through her and others, Simon actually ends up becoming the man he always wanted to be. He realized and saw his own potential, and acted on it. There's much more I could say about him, but I think that's the number one thing that comes to mind. I sincerely hope you'll give this fine man your vote :blush and watch the anime if you haven't already

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
While I haven't seen anything against Atobe, at least you bring some good points for your own pick. However, there are several things you are forgetting so, if you don't mind, I'll go ahead dissecting with the following counter-arguments.

Time for some last day campaigning:

So what I think makes Simon great is that he's initially a rather weak-willed boy, someone who's often scared and insecure.

But he gets dragged along by Kamina, and is inspired by him. I think almost everyone knows that famous catchphrase from TTGL: "Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the me who believes in yourself." Namely, if you don't have the fortitude to believe in yourself, learn to accept and see your own strength through others. I mean, if others believe in you, that says more than enough - and eventually makes you able to stand on your own feet.
Yes but you are intentionally leaving out that:

And Simon does just that. At some point he loses his mentor and closest friend, and obviously gets depressed, but ultimately he's able to move past that and tries to become the man he aspires to be.

Now what gives him strength isn't the fact that others believe in him, it's the fact that he believes in himself AND the people around him. It's because of that he's capable of rising to the challenge, and ends up beating the bad guy himself.
Oh indeed, that was some great development, but in the end:

After that he grows up, and rebuilds the civilization they lost in the past. He's not just about fighting and friends, though, like so many anime characters out there. You know who I'm talking about if you've seen my last posts: Nia Teppelin. They help cheer each other up when they're kids, and grow to love each other.

In the end, they become a couple that supports each other no matter what happens. Through her and others, Simon actually ends up becoming the man he always wanted to be. He realized and saw his own potential, and acted on it. There's much more I could say about him, but I think that's the number one thing that comes to mind.
Hm, perhaps, though we do not know how that pans out in future years, more like something that we see happens immediately with not a lot of build up and that's that. Which is fine for anime standards but I wouldn't leave on a pedestal when it comes to relationships in media. What we do know however is that:

I sincerely hope you'll give this fine man your vote :blush and watch the anime if you haven't already
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Copy Panda in the end did you vote Atobe, as you should?

Status
Not open for further replies.