Bonus Round - Singles - Duke vs Tokugawa | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bonus Round Singles - Duke vs Tokugawa

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Duke Watanabe

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Tokugawa Kazuya

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
And it's also been shown that Tokugawa beat Echizen who is #1 MS who beat Yukimura. What's your point?
Back to that again? lol. I didn't even mentioned ANYTHING that made you reply that.

Echizen defeated (with TnK, an aura that we don't know if he still has) a Yukimura that later needed Upgraded Yips to beat the No 11... how does that make Tokugawa instantly better than Duke? It's just offtopic, lol

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Tokugawa doesn't seem retarded if I'm honest.
Tokugawa has seen all of these G10 matches and he still hasn't chickened out like a little bitch so he clearly believes his chances aren't so bad for a good reason.
Well, he hasn't given the impression he's retarded.
I always thought he was... nvm

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Because all Duke feat is beat Gin. And beating Echizen is a lot more impressive in my eye than beating Gin.

We also knows Tokugawa can do a minimum of 10 balls.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Duke is the freaking No.3 of a camp of monsters, how isn't that a bigger feat than beating Ryoma?. If Yukimura needed an upgrade to beat the No 11, what would he need to beat the No. 3?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
And it's also been shown that Tokugawa beat Echizen who is #1 MS who beat Yukimura. What's your point?
Hmm... This still proves zero to your point I must admit.
The Ryoma that lost to Tokugawa was a joke. He wasn't shown to be using Muga.
So that's basically a Regionals!Ryoma.

I can tell you 10+ MSers who would eat Regionals!Ryoma alive.

Because all Duke feat is beat Gin. And beating Echizen is a lot more impressive in my eye than beating Gin.

We also knows Tokugawa can do a minimum of 10 balls.
What's in Tokugawa's favour against Duke is the fact that he has 10ao.
The issue is that Duke shat no brix when he saw Oni and Tooyama help set the court on fire. Literally.
So its strongly implied Duke is comfortable with the 10ao rallies.

In terms of CV's, beating Gin who is basically the same as Nationals!Gin since 108th Hado is still his limit, is a bigger feat than beating Ryoma without Muga. Which is like a Regionals!Ryoma.

Nationals!Gin is likely to cream Regionals!Ryoma.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Even if it was Hyaku Ren + Saiki Ryoma, it just isn't enough. When they arrived to the camp, the Ms guys were just amazingly weak compared to... the 3rd court guys (they actually needed upgrades to win there). Beating Nationals (without TnK) Ryoma, knowing how huge the camp is, isn't a big feat (and definetly, not bigger than being the no 3).

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Even if it was Hyaku Ren + Saiki Ryoma, it just isn't enough. When they arrived to the camp, the Ms guys were just amazingly weak compared to... the 3rd court guys (they actually needed upgrades to win there). Beating Nationals (without TnK) Ryoma, knowing how huge the camp is, isn't a big feat (and definetly, not bigger than being the no 3).
Actually, beating Ryoma + Hyakku Ren + Saiki is a better feat than beating Gin.
Although there's nothing to suggest Ryoma brought all those moves out.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I never said that, I said that being he No #3 is a better feat than beating Ryoma, by far.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Remember that against stronger opponents, the normal Muga loses its effectiveness. Maybe he chose not to use it because Yukimura (and for the most part even Atobe) already had no trouble with it, and he assumed Tokugawa was going to be stronger than those two.

(I'd link the info box from the Pair Puri, but Sai's blog seems to be down right now. Gonna edit it in later if I don't forget).

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hmm... This still proves zero to your point I must admit.

I can tell you 10+ MSers who would eat Regionals!Ryoma alive.
We didn't see the match, just a couple of ball. And more so, if Ryoma lost while not using Muga, why would he be so bitter about losing that Sanada have to baby him?

"Like, yeah, I go easy on that guy that last match but I lost. But I'm going to be bitter anyways."

He lost every freakin day to Nanjiroh. He also lost to Tezuka before. Hell, as far as he remember, he thought he got crush by Akaya as well. And he was going all out in those match. I think Echizen was serious and lost.

But hey, if you do want to be serious with what we've seen strictly in manga only, Tokugawa is 10 ball, with actually strongly hint at being 11. Duke haven't confirm anything higher than 1 yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.