Snacks only | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Snacks only

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
marm what you playing right now beside animal crossing?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Aaaah, I'd say I definitely really liked the whole Sayo-situation in the manga, probably one of my favourite parts of the whole series lol .I suppose figuring it out on your own is an interesting approach too, really makes you analyse the story.
Yeah, it was one of my favourite parts too.

Think getting her perspective on everything helped a lot in understanding her and what drove her to this point. Though it also is a cool experience when you figure it out yourself, I was a bit like "mind blown" when I realized it's very likely Shannon (and the many other implications that came with it) :XD So for me reading the VN and then checking out her chapters in the EP8 manga afterwards worked great.

Must say I couldn't figure out most of the murders though, by that point it was just too much to go back and analyze all of them with the new knowledge xD

I do think the VN would make me look differently at the story in a way? Since I already know the story, time to hunt for details and all. Though again, that's not somethign that'll pick up anytime soon haha.
Oh, definitely :nod It's longer than the manga, and there's plenty of cool details to spot. Maybe I'll reread it one day too, we'll see. Maybe whenever you or Sky decide to pick it up :toc

Yes, I really want to pick up the movies as well!! HF is the better story after all.
Would love to join if you'll have me haha
So that's how you feel too, good :3 And ofc we'd have you!
It's settled then, we could probably do this in the first half of April, depending on when subs become available :zomg

Haha yeah, it can really help the mood. Get that feeling of just starting to watch it, it’s ha
Today, hibike euphonium helped my mood, watched two episodes. It’s such a gorgeous anime, and has a good combo of plot/humor/cuteness :nod

(also I can’t help it so many shows are flawed :lambirb )
Guess you didn't fix whatever got swallowed there at the beginning...
Happy to hear Hibiki helped you though :pleased Really good show for me all things considered. How's the S2 for you so far?

(shut off your brain and just enjoy them :p)

Don't laugh, but I kept dying at Gizamaluke's Grotto (after getting lost + being really bad at catching frogs haha). So now I'm grinding to make myself a bit overpowered (I hope so at least). Hopefully that way I can enjoy the story without getting annihilated all time (though if you've got tips, I'd love to hear them haha).
Well, I laughed when you told us on slack haha :XD I know you bit him by now, so how far have you come? (And I hope you're not stuck again after grinding...)

Tips are a bit hard for me because it's been a long time since I played it, but remember to learn the useful skills from weapons and armor. Some are really good, and even essential (like the improved magic skills). Those are honestly the most important in this game, even if you shouldn't be way underleveled ofc xD

Though there are always these weird people that just don't get the message haha... Who keep staring at you/looking at your screen and so on. Or those who sit next to you when the bus is empty haha.
lol sounds like you had some weird experiences... I rarely had that tbh, but when I notice someone keeps staring at my screen I just put it away (:teehee) and wait until he/she leaves. The people sitting next to you when the bus is empty are especially weird though, that really makes you go "uh, okay..." :XD

Mhm, I suppose the curfew itself isn't that bad (it just hinders my occasional wine dates with some friends), but I must admit I'm just really covid tired at the moment. Just really want to experience life again? Meet new people, do spontaneous things.
But I guess that's going to take awhile.
How are you holding up?
Yeah, that's probably going to take a few more months at least, or most of 2021 until things are somewhat back to "normal" =/ Totally get that covid tired feeling, it's the same for me. I mean I realize most people are much more affected by this than me atm, but you can't help feeling restricted very often. Just feeling tired of this stuff, and also seeing how much people suffer because of it, that kinda thing. Can only hope it ends as soon as possible

I blame you haha

also I suppose this reply was a tad late....
It was your decision, don't blame me :3

And I was quite late too, but I blame the Top 10 round :emobirb

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Is McKroket good? :hmm

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I just tried to google if mcspicy chicken is sold in the netherlands (if you are from there panda?), and seems it is only sold in india and singapore? Idk how accurate it is but it is also sold in indonesia. If you havent tried it, try it. Super recommended, from me. My first experience with it was so memorable.

Ah just by typing this it makes me crave for it :emocat

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
marm what you playing right now beside animal crossing?
Mhm, well at the moment I'm playing FF9 and that's about it. How about yourself?

Yeah, it was one of my favourite parts too.

Think getting her perspective on everything helped a lot in understanding her and what drove her to this point. Though it also is a cool experience when you figure it out yourself, I was a bit like "mind blown" when I realized it's very likely Shannon (and the many other implications that came with it) :XD So for me reading the VN and then checking out her chapters in the EP8 manga afterwards worked great.

Must say I couldn't figure out most of the murders though, by that point it was just too much to go back and analyze all of them with the new knowledge xD
Haha I can see why, definitely didn't see her being Beato coming at all. The earlier parts did on her somewhat beign involved with things, but this was something else.
Oh, I can imagine that moment of realization must have been so awesome though!! Really love those kind of things
Oh, definitely :nod It's longer than the manga, and there's plenty of cool details to spot. Maybe I'll reread it one day too, we'll see. Maybe whenever you or Sky decide to pick it up :toc
I told Sky I'd start the VN when he's going to start reading as well (though I think he mentioned 2022 or something for it? At least not any time soon haha), but if you join as well that will be fun :nod

So that's how you feel too, good :3 And ofc we'd have you!
It's settled then, we could probably do this in the first half of April, depending on when subs become available :zomg
Aaawh, that's great!! :nod Thank you. It'll be fun.

Guess you didn't fix whatever got swallowed there at the beginning...
Happy to hear Hibiki helped you though :pleased Really good show for me all things considered. How's the S2 for you so far?

(shut off your brain and just enjoy them :p)
o3o Perhaps not
Season 2 is great actually! I think I like it more than the first season, as it just goes a bit deeper in regards of development, personalities and relationships of the character.
Only a few more episodes to go, so should be able to finish the series this week
(got to catch up on all the anime first... Bit behind with some series)
Asuka 100% is still my favourite, she's strangely relatable.

Well, I laughed when you told us on slack haha :XD I know you bit him by now, so how far have you come? (And I hope you're not stuck again after grinding...)
Well I may or may not have found a bit of a hack :lambirb So that's kind of cheating, but it does help me not to grind (or to gridn super fast).
I have gotten lost quite a few times again though haha.
Haven't made thaaaat much progress bc low energy type of situation, but I've gone through Cleyra and now fighting Beatrix for the second time. What does she want from me :emocat Leave me alononeee Bea
Burmecia was such a dreary mood btw, loved it.

Tips are a bit hard for me because it's been a long time since I played it, but remember to learn the useful skills from weapons and armor. Some are really good, and even essential (like the improved magic skills). Those are honestly the most important in this game, even if you shouldn't be way underleveled ofc xD
Oohh, i'll try to keep that in mind!! I have been switching weapons and such for a bit, which does seem to work out so far xD

lol sounds like you had some weird experiences... I rarely had that tbh, but when I notice someone keeps staring at my screen I just put it away (:teehee) and wait until he/she leaves. The people sitting next to you when the bus is empty are especially weird though, that really makes you go "uh, okay..." :XD
Doesn't everyone have them~
Seriously thouhg, why do those people feel comfortable enough to sit so close to you when there is sooo many other places to sit 😂 It's so weird haha.

Yeah, that's probably going to take a few more months at least, or most of 2021 until things are somewhat back to "normal" =/ Totally get that covid tired feeling, it's the same for me. I mean I realize most people are much more affected by this than me atm, but you can't help feeling restricted very often. Just feeling tired of this stuff, and also seeing how much people suffer because of it, that kinda thing. Can only hope it ends as soon as possible
Mhm, we talked a bit about this earlier today yeah :/
Just hope it ends soon indeed, it's been over a year already aaaaaaah.
It was your decision, don't blame me :3
o3o I'll blame you anyway

Is McKroket good? :hmm
Can't say it's my favourite tbh xD
It's a bit... special I suppose.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Haha I can see why, definitely didn't see her being Beato coming at all. The earlier parts did on her somewhat beign involved with things, but this was something else.
Oh, I can imagine that moment of realization must have been so awesome though!! Really love those kind of things
To be honest I've only ever seen one guy who figured it out in advance, see here:
(very huge spoilers inside)

Must say props to that guy if he really figured that out on his own.

And yeah, that's exactly why I love a good mystery (and mind games). Nothing beats a great twist or revelation that blows you away :XD For me that's basically something you didn't expect or see coming, but thinking about it you realize all the hints that were there. There's a bunch of Visual Novels that do this really well, it's one of the main reasons I've read so many of them xD

I told Sky I'd start the VN when he's going to start reading as well (though I think he mentioned 2022 or something for it? At least not any time soon haha), but if you join as well that will be fun :nod
Yeah I might be up for it haha, it's just so goddamn long XD For now I convinced him to read the Higurashi VN first (and I'll join, have never read it either), we'll maybe start that sometime this year.

Season 2 is great actually! I think I like it more than the first season, as it just goes a bit deeper in regards of development, personalities and relationships of the character.
Only a few more episodes to go, so should be able to finish the series this week
(got to catch up on all the anime first... Bit behind with some series)
Asuka 100% is still my favourite, she's strangely relatable.
Oh we agree then, that's good! :zomg Really loved the second season, some strong highlights in there. This is actually one of my favourite anime moments in the last decade I think:

Such a great moment for the both of them, and Kumiko's VA is just amazing here. Still gives me chills.

So are you done with S2 now? Hope you enjoyed it until the end :blush
And it might not surprise you, but my fav char is Kumiko xD (though Asuka is very good too)
Well I may or may not have found a bit of a hack :lambirb So that's kind of cheating, but it does help me not to grind (or to gridn super fast).
I have gotten lost quite a few times again though haha.
Haven't made thaaaat much progress bc low energy type of situation, but I've gone through Cleyra and now fighting Beatrix for the second time. What does she want from me :emocat Leave me alononeee Bea
Burmecia was such a dreary mood btw, loved it.
Whoa, what hack? :3 It seems you're making slow but steady progress haha
And lol yes, Beatrix is really persistent 😂 (I remember struggling a bit with her fights as a kid lol)

Also yeah, I remember Burmecia being the first real highlight for me back then. The rain and the atmosphere, and then that track when you're walking around

Really puts you in the mood, so to say. Dreary fits perfectly.

Doesn't everyone have them~
Seriously thouhg, why do those people feel comfortable enough to sit so close to you when there is sooo many other places to sit 😂 It's so weird haha.
People are weird and strange for sure, some just especially so :XD

o3o I'll blame you anyway
You're having fun (I think), so I'll accept being blamed o3o
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

not sure if that reddit link is working for you lol... if it doesn't, just click on the "10 Punkte/Points" and it should lead you to the post itself.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
To be honest I've only ever seen one guy who figured it out in advance, see here:
(very huge spoilers inside)

Must say props to that guy if he really figured that out on his own.

And yeah, that's exactly why I love a good mystery (and mind games). Nothing beats a great twist or revelation that blows you away :XD For me that's basically something you didn't expect or see coming, but thinking about it you realize all the hints that were there. There's a bunch of Visual Novels that do this really well, it's one of the main reasons I've read so many of them xD
The links the guy provided in the post unfortunately don't open for me (all of them can't be found?) - But I really applaud that guy if he was able to figure it out so early on in the story. I could never haha.

Ohhh yeah I get what you mean!! Really love that. Though it's such a shame that often you get spoiled already (like with Fate, I knew about Archer before and that's a bit of a shame. Would have been fun figuring it out along the road (since there were some fun hints haha)).

What's your favourite VN so far?

Yeah I might be up for it haha, it's just so goddamn long XD For now I convinced him to read the Higurashi VN first (and I'll join, have never read it either), we'll maybe start that sometime this year.
I want to join too!! Haha, haven't read the VN either. But maybe it's good for him to read Higu first, to really have him piece everything together haha. (And do the new anime after Umi ofcourse haha).

Oh we agree then, that's good! :zomg Really loved the second season, some strong highlights in there. This is actually one of my favourite anime moments in the last decade I think:

Such a great moment for the both of them, and Kumiko's VA is just amazing here. Still gives me chills.

So are you done with S2 now? Hope you enjoyed it until the end :blush
And it might not surprise you, but my fav char is Kumiko xD (though Asuka is very good too)
Aaaaaah yeah that scene is so good!! Even the music behind this really fits. I love how Kumiko really goes out her way there, and not just let Asuka do whatever. She seems sweet but certainly is no pushover.

And yes I'm done!! I can see why you like Kumiko that much, she really is a good character.
I think overall, this series just portrays people being passionate about things (and their reasons) in a good why. Feel that often you see people motivated by nothing. Because they want to win? Flat reasons I suppose. And this series really does try to push beyond that, which ultimately makes it a lot more relatable. Really loved how every character has got their own story, their own values and reasons for making (or not making) music. But in the end, they share one goal.

Whoa, what hack? :3 It seems you're making slow but steady progress haha
And lol yes, Beatrix is really persistent 😂 (I remember struggling a bit with her fights as a kid lol)

Also yeah, I remember Burmecia being the first real highlight for me back then. The rain and the atmosphere, and then that track when you're walking around

Really puts you in the mood, so to say. Dreary fits perfectly.
Hahha well we've talked about this on discord .
I must dissappoint you though - I haven't finished the game yet :( But I feel like I've really been making progress these two weeks.
It's just hard trying to play with my current living arrangements.

Overall I do really like the game, I love how every area has it's own character. It's not too hard (even though I died a bit too much to a tree for my liking).
Vivi is such a sweet character, I really feel for him. Can't get a break, when you think he's had enough they drop even more information on him :/

You're having fun (I think), so I'll accept being blamed o3o
o3o Am I really having fun?

• Hug
Reactions: Nii

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
aaaaah, thank you!! And the spam is so beautiful, loving it :blush

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
When did you become blue?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
whats your fav bakpao filling? mine is peanut. it's heaven

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ooof, you are asking the important questions here. Mhm, I really like peanut filling too!! Especially combined with chicken, soo goood

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
wait, I was talking about the sweet one.

but,

chicken + peanut filling??? I have never tried it!!! curious!!

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ohhh yeah I get what you mean!! Really love that. Though it's such a shame that often you get spoiled already (like with Fate, I knew about Archer before and that's a bit of a shame. Would have been fun figuring it out along the road (since there were some fun hints haha)).
Yeah, that's why I always try to avoid spoilers as much as possible. Really hate when you get spoiled about a major twist or something, so I'm always careful xD But over the years you can get spoiled by chance pretty easily, and some stuff just gets thrown around like it's no big deal anymore, so there's no way to completely avoid it. Shame you knew the Archer twist, but oh well... you still had fun :3

What's your favourite VN so far?
That's a very difficult question lol. Think I'll separate this in multiple categories

Fav VN: Fate/Stay Night (this and the sequel are the only VNs I read two times lol), probably because it was my first VN and it really clicked with me. Saying this isn't my favourite VN would be wrong I guess :XD

Best Story Twist: Ever 17 (won't say much in case you ever read it)

Best Development/Pay off: Muv Luv Alternative (where you need to read the mostly average prequel first, so this is a really long journey lol)

Cried the most: Tomoyo After (basically a side story of Clannad, a what if he got together with Tomoyo instead of Nagisa)

Most crazy Fun/Strongest Cast: Umineko (I don't need to explain this to you :3)

Best Slice of Life: Little Busters (a cool group of friends living their life, ofc with a bit of drama and mystery mixed in)

Think that covers my absolute favs, almost. Did you want to know all of this? Probably not, but I couldn't help myself :lmao

I want to join too!! Haha, haven't read the VN either. But maybe it's good for him to read Higu first, to really have him piece everything together haha. (And do the new anime after Umi ofcourse haha).
I'm sure we can make that work somehow :blush And yeah, I think it might make him appreciate Umi a bit more (+I feel Umi could even slightly spoil Higu for someone lol). He has a long road ahead of him, but it's going to be fun for sure :3

Aaaaaah yeah that scene is so good!! Even the music behind this really fits. I love how Kumiko really goes out her way there, and not just let Asuka do whatever. She seems sweet but certainly is no pushover.
Pretty much that, yes. Also really like her development from someone standing on the sidelines because she's too scared and/or overwhelmed to a person who actively tries to get involved if she thinks it's needed. Always appreciate good character development haha. Asuka developed too ofc, and there's good reasons Kumiko looks up to her : D

And yes I'm done!! I can see why you like Kumiko that much, she really is a good character.
I think overall, this series just portrays people being passionate about things (and their reasons) in a good why. Feel that often you see people motivated by nothing. Because they want to win? Flat reasons I suppose. And this series really does try to push beyond that, which ultimately makes it a lot more relatable. Really loved how every character has got their own story, their own values and reasons for making (or not making) music. But in the end, they share one goal.
Yeah, the cast is just really fun! You can basically feel the passion :pleased Watching this sorta made me regret not sticking with the drums longer.
Think it has a good message that even if it might not mean too much in the long run (people move on after all), enjoying the here and now and being passionate about it can't possibly be wrong.

Hahha well we've talked about this on discord .
I must dissappoint you though - I haven't finished the game yet :( But I feel like I've really been making progress these two weeks.
It's just hard trying to play with my current living arrangements.

Overall I do really like the game, I love how every area has it's own character. It's not too hard (even though I died a bit too much to a tree for my liking).
Vivi is such a sweet character, I really feel for him. Can't get a break, when you think he's had enough they drop even more information on him :/
Haha I'm not surprised tbh, so it's okay ;) And in your defense, I also didn't send you a reminder...

Also yes the tree was really annoying to me as a kid lol, to the point where I tried looking for tips and saw you could instakill him with a phoenix feather (guess what I did :teehee). How far are you by now? Back in Alexandria? There's some fun stuff coming up.
Agreed about Vivi, he's just too precious haha. They definitely throw a lot at him, but he always perseveres somehow.

o3o Am I really having fun?
I-I think you do...? Hope so at least :p

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Blue Marma! Blue Marma! :wtf

Congrats! It looks so good on you!