Games - Snes Classic | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Snes Classic

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My husband wanted to wake me up at 4:30 to get one but I refused. Luckily, he is such a great guy who stood in line and got a copy!!! :redface

My childhood is relived.

Who else was lucky enough to get their hands on it?

If you bought online Amazon Prime was the best way to avoid the dreaded bots. Ya, every other website I would click "add to cart" super typed my information and boom "sold out". Yes, it was humanly impossible or extreme luck for online sales.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I am one of those people who just doesn't quite get it.

I love the snes - it is one of the consoles which I have the strongest memories of (Rock'n'roll racing, Super Mario World, Earthworm Jim, Killer Instinct...).

However, I don't see why I would ever stand in a queue for something which I can easily emulate/buy an actual snes for a far cheaper price.
It isn't like I couldn't make a hand-held emulator, should that be what I desire...

What games you play on it Reebi?

Last edited:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am one of those people who just doesn't quite get it.

I love the snes - it is one of the consoles which I have the strongest memories of (Rock'n'roll racing, Super Mario World, Earthworm Jim, Killer Instinct...).

However, I don't see why I would ever stand in a queue for something which I can easily emulate/buy an actual snes for a far cheaper price.
It isn't like I couldn't make a hand-held emulator, should that be what I desire...

What games you play on it Reebi?
Some and my husband the others. I loved the Snes but they are hard to hook up to newer TVs.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I don't have a SNES anymore but still have a PC emulator to play SNES games on it. Still love it a lot though, made my chilhood, especially games like Mario, Final Fantasy, Contra etc...the nostalgia T_T.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I really wanted one. Not much that exists that I think warrants nearly $100, but the SNES system definitely does it for me. They are exceptionally hard to get around here though, almost impossible unless you have a small fortune lying about. Why? Because some turd-bag buys 'em all up and sells them for $200-300 a system on ebay.

May there be a hell for such a person to burn in. :8C

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I really wanted one. Not much that exists that I think warrants nearly $100, but the SNES system definitely does it for me. They are exceptionally hard to get around here though, almost impossible unless you have a small fortune lying about. Why? Because some turd-bag buys 'em all up and sells them for $200-300 a system on ebay.

May there be a hell for such a person to burn in. :8C
They need more supply. They created a huge demand and with online sales it's only fueling the black market.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
They need more supply. They created a huge demand and with online sales it's only fueling the black market.
They really do. It is ridiculous that they keep doing this to their customers when it so very clearly sells well.

artotaku

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think they do this to build hype and to remind consumers that Nintendo is till out there competing with the other consoles. I will always love Street Fighter II on my SNES. Oh the memories....

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
If they want to dominate like they did when the Wii first came out, they should reconsider. The Switch alone won't save them. If they were truly smart, they'd make a "mmo" styled game on the Switch for Pokemon. That way they can stop screwing us over with very little SNES productions. :devil-mad