Discussion - So,when will the manga end? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion So,when will the manga end?

Wood-Guy7

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Iran
I mean think about it,it's a manga that each three months,only 1 chapter gets released,meaning that in a year we will have only 4 chapters,and each chapter is only 38-40 pages which is the same amount of pages for a monthly manga.
If hoshino-sensei intentds to finish d.gray-man within 20 chapters With this pace,it will end in 2020(let's not forget it's 20 chapters in 5 years!! Much less if she intends to finish it in 50 or 100 chapters we have to wait till 2027 9r 2041 respectively......
And I doubt hoshino would be crazy to do something like that,unless
A-she increases the number of pages
B-she will finish it in 10 chapters(2018)
Or C-she convinces the editor to let her series become monthly.
What do you think?
By the way since we're on topic of the new chapters,how did 219 and 220 sell?

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think the manga will end anytime soon since she has a lot of questions she needs to answer. Not to mention, we haven't seen all of the Noah family members and their abilities yet. As for releasing the manga chapters monthly, DGM was in Jump SQ, but she couldn't do it due to her health reasons, which was why the series is now released four times a year instead.

Besides, there are other manga-kas who are still writing their series (e.g. One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, etc.) so I think Hoshino wouldn't mind working on DGM for that long.

anyoneforthe

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really hope Hoshino's preparing an ending because I want the torture to end.

Bellethiel

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Well. Difficult to say. But I doubt she would manage to wrap up the story in 10 chapters, no matter how long the chapter. That would be rushed ending or sure. The best option would be switching back to monthly release, but as it is now I would get ready for years to come with DGM chapter showing up every now and then.

Coah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
10 years or so used to cross my mind at the pace that it's going... I thought the same for the Anime too, but with the sudden comeback I wonder how close we really are to the ending. Hard to say, hard to say indeed.

ShinyLyni

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like we're probably only around the halfway mark, if even that. I'd rather for the manga to continue releasing quarterly if that means it'll be less strain on Hoshino-sensei's health, so if that were the case... yeah. A low estimate would be around 80 chapters, and that's like, 20 years down the road 8D It's also possible her health starts getting better again and she continues releasing chapters monthly, or even every 2-3 months instead of every 4. Regardless, I'm prepared to follow this manga for years to come. It's a beautiful story with many layers, complex characters, and intriguing universe, and honestly, I'd be more than just a little sad to see it end anytime soon (Though, I might be a masochist as this story is increasingly painful with each chapter released, but eh).

MSofAofCOCA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
10 years or so used to cross my mind at the pace that it's going... I thought the same for the Anime too, but with the sudden comeback I wonder how close we really are to the ending. Hard to say, hard to say indeed.
Yes, indeed it is. Though, me thinks that since they've brought the anime back for another season rather than a reboot, that to me signifies that they are at least planning for a season 4, for which they definitely do not have enough material yet. DGM is honestly not that long, especially if Hoshino intends to wrap it up in the next 10 chapters or so, therefore a reboot would've been more appropriate (think FMA: Brotherhood). Judging at the current leisurely pace in the manga, she's definitely gearing up for a few more arcs before the finale. Frankly, I was hoping DGM would go back to Jump SQ after Tegami Bachi's end in December, but that did not happen. Oh well, as long as this pace works for her, I am satisfied. I can 100% say that when other manga I like fade away as I get older, DGM is the one I will always come back to. So I will wait, for as long as it takes! :victory

Silverwolf442

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well really, Hoshi has been giving us 3 chapters worth of material each chapter release since the hiatus ended. So that balances things out, rather than just 1 chapter with 21 pages.

I get the feeling the manga won't end for a while. because it seems like the story is only just getting started. Then there will probably be an all-out war arc like Naruto & Bleach had. Maybe.

So, I think if Hoshi is gonna keep going, then the manga could go on for 10 more years.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There are ongoing series that started more than 30 years ago. :XD
I don't see DGM ending in 10 years in this pace. Not while selling 450-500k per volume and giving us a Bookman/Lavi arc.
Maybe it will end in the next time the Halley Comet visit us. :derp

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
its got to be soon... the whole nea/allen struggle will be resolved, after that i predict it will be over in under 50 chapters

all together im going to say another 70-100 chapters, maybe less

i dont see this manga being longer than 320-340 chapters when its all said and done
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well. Difficult to say. But I doubt she would manage to wrap up the story in 10 chapters, no matter how long the chapter. That would be rushed ending or sure. The best option would be switching back to monthly release, but as it is now I would get ready for years to come with DGM chapter showing up every now and then.
it will be at least 30 more chapters IMO

NonExisted

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
its got to be soon... the whole nea/allen struggle will be resolved, after that i predict it will be over in under 50 chapters

all together im going to say another 70-100 chapters, maybe less

i dont see this manga being longer than 320-340 chapters when its all said and done
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

it will be at least 30 more chapters IMO
It's gonna take more than 10 years for 50 chapters though :XD

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's gonna take more than 10 years for 50 chapters though :XD
now that i think about the chapter length , i think it will be under 50 chapters...

hopefully this manga becomes a monthly thing again instead of once every 3 months