Support - some embeds not working properly | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support some embeds not working properly

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Some issues I noticed with embedded media, the Tumblr one being more serious.

Tumblr
For some reason, perfectly valid tumblr posts are not displaying at all (even though they used to be fine). Instead there's an error message (see spoiler). Obviously you can still copy/paste what you need as a quote instead but instead, I expect at least some people just post direct links (like here).
Code:
[MEDIA=tumblr]id=140401948372;name=mangahelpers[/MEDIA]

Unlike with other media, I noticed there's more than just an ID number in there, so I tried deleting everything but the number and yet the same error arises.
Code:
[MEDIA=tumblr]140499399322[/MEDIA]

Instagram
Text is missing. It used to be there (just like a twitter embed) before the forum switch, so I was hoping there was some small tweak that could possibly restore it?

Last edited:

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It seems post id and account name aren't enough for embedding tumblr posts, we also need "did" and "key" parameters in the bbcode. I don't know if there's an easy way to obtain them, I don't use tumblr but it seems when you add embed to the URL it takes you to the embed page:

Code:
http://mangahelpers.tumblr.com/post/140401948372/embed
You see the embed code on the left:
<div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/TuBabRei-Ja7pCGRmyqsFA/140401948372" data-did="6137a7af147ee42ea84a66ec7db68bc6a3682061">...
Text in red is the key and text in blue is the did.

Code:
[MEDIA=tumblr]id=140401948372;name=mangahelpers;did=6137a7af147ee42ea84a66ec7db68bc6a3682061;key=TuBabRei-Ja7pCGRmyqsFA[/MEDIA]
which now displays the tumblr post:

As for the instagram, it seems spoiler tags breaks the formatting:

Not sure what can be done to fix it since these codes are generated on the fly but I'll check, for the time being you can avoid using spoiler tags which solves the issue.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks for the explanation about the tumblr embed. The thing with Instagram is not that they don't post (though I didn't know spoiler tags break those, thank you!), but that there is accompanying text in the original, which is missing.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Oh, sorry, missed that.

Well, the media add-on isn't flexible in this regard, the code actually is on a remote server, so it's a bit complicated to replace it with the correct one. We can ask the add-on developer to add the feature which would be the easiest solution. :nod