Question - Some Help please | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Some Help please

MikuHinatamangaka

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know I don't use the forums a lot but I'm have some problems that might put my career as an Ameri-mangaka on thin ice if not taken care of, so I'm hoping to get some help by posting on the forums.

First of all, I just figured out how to properly use tones to give my character more of a pop on the page in Manga Studio #5, and was wondering how I can add my own tones into the program. Can someone please either explain how to do this or send a link to a Youtube tutorial on how to do this?

Second, I'm looking to get a copyright on my manga series so I can hopefully start selling volumes online and at local Anime conventions, I understand that I've got to put together a portfolio to send in, but I have no idea what to put in the portfolio as far as what I need to in order for the copyright to go through, or how much money I need to send in to pay for the copyright itself. (I'm not going with a company like LeagalZoom, as I think they wanted way to much.:-_- I'm talking about sending it straight to the Government.)

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I do not know if it is late or not but could you post the link of your character?
Also , I think this could help you in general for using tones
I find this one a bit more precise:)

MikuHinatamangaka

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do not know if it is late or not but could you post the link of your character?
Also , I think this could help you in general for using tones
I find this one a bit more precise:)

Thanks! I've upgraded to Clip Studio Paint EX, which is what they replaced the Manga Studio series with. Do you know if what was shown in the second video will still work with Clip Studio Paint EX?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks! I've upgraded to Clip Studio Paint EX, which is what they replaced the Manga Studio series with. Do you know if what was shown in the second video will still work with Clip Studio Paint EX?
I don't actually think it would transfer over unless you put it into a different format