Voting Round 2 - Son Hak vs. Lelouch vi Britannia | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Son Hak vs. Lelouch vi Britannia

Who wins?

• Son Hak

• Lelouch vi Britannia

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Farfosh will have to convince me to vote Hak:cookiestare

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Farfosh will have to convince me to vote Hak:cookiestare
I'll try ^_^

Lemme give you an intro then.

Picture this: you're not living your best phase, you're often displaying selfishness and immaturity and you lack the knowledge, purpose and character to live up to your responsabilities, not being able to move past your own whims and narrow sight.
And then, against the odds, an old friend that knows you since forever - and grew up into a skilled, funny and kind 1.9m tall blue eyed, dark haired and fit man - demonstrates he knows you beyond your shameful current self and sees the best in you, way more than you're able to, and deeply loves who you for who you are.
It's hard not to see Yona as someone freaking lucky in the love field afer that, right?
Now in a bit I'll start a bible on Haksbundo '-'

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
I'll try ^_^

Lemme give you an intro then.

Picture this: you're not living your best phase, you're often displaying selfishness and immaturity and you lack the knowledge, purpose and character to live up to your responsabilities, not being able to move past your own whims and narrow sight.
And then, against the odds, an old friend that knows you since forever - that grew up into a skilled, funny and kind 1.9m tall blue eyed, dark haired and fit man - demonstrates he knows you beyond your shameful current self and sees the best in you, way more than you're able to, and deeply loves who you for who you are.
It's hard not to see Yona as someone freaking lucky in the love field afer that, right?
Now in a bit I'll start a bible on Haksbundo '-'
:hmm
Continue :snidely

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Also Hak has some nice Glavie skills, Ghost spear was animated so fine in the first episode.

shinobi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Hak!!!
If we're measuring Husband's qualities, this guy has to advance all the way to the finals!! while people can argue about many points in the series itself, one thing stands still and that is, this guy is ALL about being a lover and (future) Husband, his devotion for his girl is actually his defining feature!!!

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also Hak has some nice Glavie skills, Ghost spear was animated so fine in the first episode.
Hak is a badass and he knows how to uses that spear in the most badass of ways. The animation for the anime was really good I wish they would make a season 2 already.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
So.
1. A murderer
2. A womanizer
3. A bum
Wow those love interest standards D:
These arent husbando standards :XD Just my personal preference as far as the series goes :p
Hak is still the best, that one is undisputed.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
So.
1. A murderer
2. A womanizer
3. A bum
Wow those love interest standards D:
Well that's a good way to put it. Though Zeno has a good reason to be a bum but Soo Won reasons for killing Yona's father I have mix feelings about.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
You should watch the Yona OVAs to see the story of Zeno. To be honest he's a really good character, 2nd best after Hak. Hak is the better husband though.
I saw those OVAs and all I can say is Zeno's backstory is so sad. But yeah Zeno is a husband due to the fact after Kaya died he stayed with Kaya until she was nothing but a skeleton holding her hand.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
nuh i chose a man who will not hesitate to murder even children if his waifu is in danger and he did that actually.
Its precisely for that that i favored Hak, also what kind of wife would like to see her husband killing children for her ?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Its precisely for that that i favored Hak, also what kind of wife would like to see her husband killing children for her ?
The world is not black and white Erin chan.Sometimes for some thing you may have to do ghastly acts.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Yosh, here we go! Some OP music for the mood~ Be aware that if there is anything in spoiler tags, it's cause it is a spoiler.

CHARACTER PROFILE
  • Name: Son Hak
  • Titles: Raiju (Thunder Beast)
  • Series: Akatsuki no Yona
  • Quick Summary: Hak is one of the leaders and generals from the Wind Tribe, and a childhood friend of Princess Yona. He was adopted by the tribe leader and became the Wind Chief at the age of 15, after he grew to be well respected due to his talents and good relationship with people. He serves as the Princess's bodyguard, since the king entrusted him the position.
Akatsuki no Yona is a shuojo and, because of that, there are a lot of things to point out about Hak as a Husbando material.

If I sound generic, it's for the sake of not spoiling people about the series.
I'll try to be as specific as I can without commenting much on the story, which prevents me from using examples.

MAIN ASPECTS AS A HUSBANDO
  • Hak is devoted and caring
It's clear from the very beginning that Hak values Yona more than anything else, and would place her well being before his own life. He states he serves her as a weapon, but what differenciate him from other devoted characters is that he knows he's responsable for the Princess image and memory, he's also there as an important figure to lead her way till where she belongs to be, and can't just die while protecting her; he has to live, for her. Hak endures hardships, taking his mental and physical strengh to keep them all safe, including her other companions and friends, and his tenacity is a shown of how dedicated he is to the Princess.
"I'm immortal. Actually, I can't afford to die. I've got a troublesome princess to look after."
  • Hak is respectful and supportive
In spite of the nature of his feelings for the Princess, he has the status of a good friend and a guardian. Due to that, Hak keeps his impulses restrained, and respects her feelings and desires, fighting his thoughts whenever they resurface, even though it hurts to do so. The lack of response doesn't prevent him from nurturing pride for the Princess abilities and persona, he admire her decisions and stances and follows her for what she can provide for the realm as well. He's a bodyguard and a servant, but that's not due to a submissive nature. Hak is a warrior and a Chief and chose to be in his position out of respect for the people that both the King and the Princess are. He might have different opinions on some matters but will follow and defend the ones he believes in, without measuring efforts. He chose to embrace Yona's cause and ways.
“When you protect someone you want to keep safe, do you always weigh your own life against theirs?”

• Hak is funny and sassy
The dude is a troll... He's mischievous, mocks and provokes everyone and anyone, and Yona is his best target. The series has a lot of gag and quite often Hak is involved in it. Who doesn't value someone that can make you laugh and keep your spirit lifted, specially during the darkest days? Who doesn't ackonowledge someone who can shield you even from their own pain, and keeps moving forward with you, with a smile on his face?

• Hak is a goddamn epic and skilled fighting machine
... which is sexy as hell. He's called the Thunder Beast and is said to possess supernatural strength and skills. He's so freaking badass... and seems to enjoy taking on the challenge and gracefully embraces responsabilities. And he fights with a damn Halberd.............. that's too much for my silly RPGer self, it's too hard not to fangirl him... He can and WILL carry his friends out of a raging battlefield while heavily injured.

TL;DR SUMMARY

Going straight to the point: this character was actually built to be a Husbando.
In resume, Hak could be a cliche hero-bodyguard like in other series, but he's also a hilarious asshole, with a big heart, and a beast as a fighter. I'll save his complexity for the ones that decide to watch the anime or read the manga^^ He's not the white knight in shiny armor type, 'cause he's a transforming force over his SO: was essencial for the weak and spoiled princess to grow into a strong willed and righteous girl. Your SO has to be someone that challenges you and leads you to growth. In spite of how much Hak wants to protect Yona, he's aware of her role in the world and not only accepts her path, but pushes her towards it and heavily participates in her development.

FINAL TEASING

So hope that will spur you to support

Last edited:

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Son Hak vs Ledouche ? Hak gets my vote.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Yosh, here we go! Some OP music for the mood~ Be aware that if there is anything in spoiler tags, it's cause it is a spoiler.

CHARACTER PROFILE
  • Name: Son Hak
  • Titles: Raiju (Thunder Beast)
  • Series: Akatsuki no Yona
  • Quick Summary: Hak is one of the leaders and generals from the Wind Tribe, and a childhood friend of Princess Yona. He was adopted by the tribe leader and became the Wind Chief at the age of 15, after he grew to be well respected due to his talents and good relationship with people. He serves as the Princess's bodyguard, since the king entrusted him the position.
  • Akatsuki no Yona is a shuojo and, because of that, there are a lot of things to point out about Hak as a Husbando material.

If I sound generic, it's for the sake of not spoiling people about the series.
I'll try to be as specific as I can without commenting much on the story, which prevents me from using examples.

MAIN ASPECTS AS A HUSBANDO
  • Hak is devoted and caring
It's clear from the very beginning that Hak values Yona more than anything else, and would place her well being before his own life. He states he serves her as a weapon, but what differenciate him from other devoted characters is that he knows he's responsable for the Princess image and memory, he's also there as an important figure to lead her way till where she belongs to be, and can't just die while protecting her; he has to live, for her. Hak endures hardships, taking his mental and physical strengh to keep them all safe, including her other companions and friends, and his tenacity is a shown of how dedicated he is to the Princess.
"I'm immortal. Actually, I can't afford to die. I've got a troublesome princess to look after."
  • Hak is respectful and supportive
In spite of the nature of his feelings for the Princess, he has the status of a good friend and a guardian. Due to that, Hak keeps his impulses restrained, and respects her feelings and desires, fighting his thoughts whenever they resurface, even though it hurts to do so. The lack of response doesn't prevent him from nurturing pride for the Princess abilities and persona, he admire her decisions and stances and follows her for what she can provide for the realm as well. He's a bodyguard and a servant, but that's not due to a submissive nature. Hak is a warrior and a Chief and chose to be in his position out of respect for the people that both the King and the Princess are. He might have different opinions on some matters but will follow and defend the ones he believes in, without measuring efforts. He chose to embrace Yona's cause and ways.
“When you protect someone you want to keep safe, do you always weigh your own life against theirs?”

• Hak is funny and sassy
The dude is a troll... He's mischievous, mocks and provokes everyone and anyone, and Yona is his best target. The series has a lot of gag and quite often Hak is involved in it. He doesn't value someone that can make you laugh and keep your spirit lifted, specially during the darkest days? He doesn't ackonowledge someone who can shield you even from their own pain, and keeps moving forward with you, with a smile on his face?

• Hak is a goddamn epic and skilled fighting machine
... which is sexy as hell. He's called the Thunder Beast and is said to possess supernatural strength and skills. He's so freaking badass... and seems to enjoy taking on the challenge and gracefully embraces responsabilities. And he fights with a damn Halberd.............. that's too much for my silly RPGer self, it's too hard not to fangirl him... He can and WILL carry his friends out of a raging battlefield while heavily injured.

TL;DR SUMMARY

Going straight to the point: this character was actually built to be a Husbando.
In resume, Hak could be a cliche hero-bodyguard like in other series, but he's also a hilarious asshole, with a big heart, and a beast as a fighter. I'll save his complexity for the ones that decide to watch the anime or read the manga^^ He's not the white knight in shiny armor type, 'cause he's a transforming force over his SO: was essencial for the weak and spoiled princess to grow into a strong willed and righteous girl. Your SO has to be someone that challenges you and leads you to growth. In spite of how much Hak wants to protect Yona, he's aware of her role in the world and not only accepts her path, but pushes her towards it and heavily participates in her development.

FINAL TEASING

So hope that will spur you to support

This is such a wonderful campaign. I totally approve this in all kind of ways!

That's why I will vote for Lelouch.
I am pretty certain that you don't even need my vote to win this round anyway, Farfosh~!

Reactions: syx
Status
Not open for further replies.