Discussion - Son Hak's Origins | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Son Hak's Origins

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
There are many comparisons between Hak and the Dragon Warriors, regarding their power, specially. Kija compared his own strengh with Hak's when they first fought together and got shocked about his performance. Hak is fast and skillful, which is also often pointed out, but having a comparable strengh with the Hakuryuu is outstanding.

His resistence was also compared to Zeno's (as far as I recall, more on a jokeful tone, but still). He faced poison at least twice so far (when he got bitten by vipers rescuing Yona in the start, and when he shielded her against the Fire Tribe poisoned arrows) and didn't demonstrate to suffer a lot with it, not to mention he didn't die even if the treatment was late.

Aside from those, there's not much about his past. He was adopted by Mun-Deok, but the circunstances are unknown. There are many questions about them, such as: is he originally from the Wind Tribe? If not, where was he found? Where does he come from? Who were his parents? What was his age?

He could even be something related to Yona, like the Dragon Warriors, which could explain his feelings partially, and that "urge" or "wake up moment" like the one the Dragons felt just happened when he was way too young for him to remember. That sounds farfetched tough since the prophecies don't seem to support another figure in the position he would fill.

In any case, other people have remarked him as stronger and more capable than the usual, as if he's somewhat above human capacities, so what is you guys opinions about his role and roots?

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I am not sure if his origins might play a role, since Hak is maybe merely strong due to the fact that he is the love interest of the main character, but if his origins are an important factor, then I hope it does involve his inhuman strength.

I think it might be even possible that he is one kind of reincarnation of a god. Who knows?

Mini_kinkin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hak originated from the land of Hot people and fangirl heaven. :p

JK...but seriously he does seem wayyy to good to be true. Doesn't stop me form loving him though.

Last edited: