Seinen - Space Chef Caiser | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Space Chef Caiser

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Title: Space Chef Kaiser
Associated title(s):
Genre: SeinenAdventure Comedy Ecchi Sci-fi
Author(s): Boichi
Artist(s): Boichi
Publisher: Wani Books (2006); Shonen Gahosha (2010); serialized in Comic Gun (Wani Books)
Start Date and End: 2006
Chapters read at the time of review: 7
Additional Notes:
Boichi goes by different pen-names: ボイチ, 박지홍, PARK Ji Hong, PARK Mu Jik, PARK Mujik. He is author of several works. These include Eques, H.E - The Hunt for Energy, Hotel, Hotel: Since 2079, Kyuukyoku Uchuu Mitei Shiizaa, Lovers in Winter, Momo no Musume!, Rakia, Sun Ken Rock Gaiden - Dango Knight, Sun Ken Rock Gaiden - Yumin, Sun-ken Rock, Trigun: Multiple Bullets, Trigun: Lost Planet, and Wallman, Yumin ni Gomeshi o Tabe Sasetai - Yumin to Issho ni Taberu Kankoku Ryouri.

There might be a mis-spelling in the name. It might be Kaiser instead of Caisar but I suppose it's forgivable since it might be a proper noun.

Short Summary:
While the great Space Chef Caisar was concluding his battle against the galactic invader Einsob, he was rudely interrupted when three hunters decided to confiscate Caisar's fridge. The ruckus caused Caisar to separate from the source of his immense power. The three voluptuous hunters cautiously safeguard Caisar's source of power only to return it to him when facing perilous adversaries. As his powers are made whole, Caisar's terrible power is revealed through the cuisines he serves to punish the wicked and those misguided in the arts of culinary.

Art:
Boichi is a very skilled artist. He definitely has a distinct character design but he also seems to be lewd.

Characters:
Caisar: The strongest and most autocratic chef to ever roam the galaxy. His only weakness is that he could easily be separated from the source of his immense power.

Impression:
I thought a chef hell-bent on conquering the entire known galaxy was such an insane idea which I was immediately drawn to it. It features a lot of fanservice but I get the feel that Caisar is becoming a bit soft though just as fierce.

I wonder if Boichi is like Im Dal Young? I get the impression that Boichi likes to work on multiple projects and when one of them is popular, a.k.a. lucrative, he focuses on that one. I was really hoping for more chapters to come out because the humor, relationship between Caisar and the girls, cooking, and missions were so entertaining.

Recommendation:
I would recommend this manga to those that enjoy humor and fan service.

Filler

Last edited: