Shounen - Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That new chapter was great! hanks to that extra chapter last week the wait didn't feel so long. Crying Anya is so sad yet adorable at the same time, what is this sorcery?! Gotta say I loved how it was Damian's "This...?" with the bubbles around it that made Anya shiver and turn around. I guess she has never before felt "love" as in romantic love directed to her plus she is still just a 5 year old kid, no wonder she is weirded out by Damian's thoughts and behavior. Loved the friendship part between her and Becky, that was super lovely. <3
And Twilight breaking into school on the first day to make his daughter make up to the 2nd son of his target was hilarious. That message from God, lol! XD
I guess next chapter will either still play on the same school day as Twilight said "friends are made on day 1" with Damian either talking to Anya alone and making up with her or the next chapter is about Twilight throwing plan B into the trash bin (because he cannot read thoughts and has no idea that Damian is crushing on Anya) and think up ways how to make Anya smart. Which probably means lots of studying and cheating will be involved.^^

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Total Sales / This week's sales

14543 **54004 SPY×FAMILY #01

The first volume is really selling well.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So it kept selling its first 50k print till its reprint and is still in the rankings? Wow, that's really good for a original series in Jump+.

Thores

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just caught up from the beginning and I love this manga. Incredibly cute and funny! I love the dynamics between each of the main cast and each chapter has at least one laugh out loud moment for me. You can look to my avatar to see the exact moment I realized that Spy x Family was one of my new favorites.

It's great to see that it's already kind of a hit in Japan, because I really think this is a manga that deserves to blow up. Hopefully it gets even more eyeballs on it in the coming months.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Chapter out

A family chapter,it was breath of fresh air,

also Anya saying,"Ma Please don't kill pa" seems to foreshadow what will happen later.

Also the brother incoming,i wonder what his job really is,maybe he is with the division of Espionage.

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Started reading this recently and I’m hooked. Maybe it’s because the last I Jump+ manga that I read was only five volume long, but I wonder if the author is planning for a long series. Is the manga going to conclude by the end of this mission, the plot with the politician will evolve into something bigger, like a war, or future arcs will feature different missions for Loid?

I think Anya’s dream is a foreshadowing that at one point, Yor will be hired by whoever Loid is spying on and they’ll end up fighting each other or teaming up with one another. Regardless, I hope this family will get a happy ending.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Either the brother will become a tutor for Anya, probably because that way he can keep an eye on Twilight and what he is doing to his beloved big sister, or he is some sort of counter intelligence agent and is trying to figure out if his sister, who he has no idea of being a hitwoman, is being used by a possible spy or not. Anya working so hard on her homework to make her daddy happy was adorable. <3
I hope though that she starts to see this as too much trouble and tries to somehow befriend Damian again. Which gonna be hard because this guy is a real tsundere and too young to understand his own feelings properly yet. Or he does and just can't take them head-on so he rather runs away whenever Anya gets close by. XD

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Spy X Family vol 1 has sold 104,136 copies till now with more reprints on its way.

This has been the only manga after TPN in recent times which from it's very first volume has been selling heavily.

Oh @Jammin you should definitely read this,many people are reading it and you will not be able to stop laughing when you read it.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Heard a lot of good things about this one, been planning to check it out for a while bc a bunch of people directly told me it's a lot of fun :XD

lemme check the chapter count... 10 chapters, which means I won't break my promise with @Asako :amuse Will try to read at least a chapter or two when I find some time this weekend.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
:XD
It's definitely worth it the read nii, this family defiantly deserve the award of best family of the year, it's just ELEGANT
:heh

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now that I'm caught up. My two favorite parts in the entire series so far have been.

The most adorable KO I've ever seen.

When they find out in order to get into the school Anya will need somebody on the list to drop out and Yoru instantly considers murder. :XD

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

Now that I'm caught up. My two favorite parts in the entire series so far have been.

The most adorable KO I've ever seen.

When they find out in order to get into the school Anya will need somebody on the list to drop out and Yoru instantly considers murder. :XD
The 3 main characters are compared to Kaguya Sama

Lyod-Shirogane
Yoru-Kaguya
Anya-Chika
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Here it is again

And bonus (found both on Reddit)

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany

There is also fun edits out like this scene of the teachers being critical of the new students changed into Otakus being critical of new animes or manga series. XD

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

Don't know if you already saw this, but the author celebrated 300k copies of vol 1 on his official twitter.

Edit: last time I checked, vol 1sold around 40k on the first week and it hasn't been a month since it was out, so is he referring to 300k in print?

Last edited:

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lil's bro is a Stasi Lieutenant! In other words an Anti-Spy Agent. And he is looking actively for Twilight and is about to enter his home(base)! Man, next chapter gonna be great with that dinner! I bet Yuri will stay over to go through Twilight's stuff to find out if he is a Scoundrel or not. Which means Loid and Yor are forced to sleep in one bed together. <3

@Haya-san Digital sales as well. Also his volume sold like over 120k or so after 4 weeks. So those with digital sales make a realistic number.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Kind of knew Yuri is something like this,a secret police and looking for Twilight.

Also i hope Twilight and Yor actually fall in love in future like Anya wants.

This panel is gold

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am impressed with how SxF is still in the Top50s even after over a month with its first volume. I am just so used to see first volumes of new series dropping after 1-2 weeks max outta it that it just feels "weird" to see such a noticeable success that isn't in WSJ.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Spy×Family #1 (15,525/141,562) copies sold till now.