Team - start of act 3 wano Straw hats vs Orginal warlords+weevil | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Team start of act 3 wano Straw hats vs Orginal warlords+weevil

john ellis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
battle happens at a neutral location. Jinbei is included in the straw hat fighters. Weevil is given to the warlords as a fair replacement, this means no jinbei for the warlords.

john ellis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
i highly doubt mihawk could solo luffy+zoro alone, yet alone the other SH. Although i think Luffy would require help in the fight to high dif.

it's implied by the roof top that zoro+luffy<kaido barely. So mihawk would have to be on par with the yonko to win the fight. And if mihawk was as strong as the yonko it's reasonable luffy and zoro would grow in the fight like they did vs kaido. I did say start of act 3, but i think it's reasonable to factor in haki blooms that happen in cannon sources. Which if your implying kaido=Mihawk, then it's reasonable Luffy and zoro get similar Haki blooms in the battle to what they are getting vs kaido. Which by the end of the fight luffy will probably defeat kaido with the help he has recieved. Also there is no big mom kaido combo attack to take zoro out of action. So logically if mihawk=kaido i can't see mihawk winning. If yoru logic is mihawk>kaido... well sure but i don't think thats the case. The haki blooms are afterall in lore and in characther powers that happen in battles. So i don't see any reason to exclude them when they make sense.

Now i didn't set any battles, but the SH do out number the warlords so it's logically some 2 vs 1 will happen. I also think it's in character for luffy to fight the strongest, and it's in character for zoro to try to fight mihawk. It's also possible that zoro asks for a 1 vs 1 and he's defeafted. Luffy goes and quickly defeats another Warlord, but i think mihawk would be more fatigued fighting zoro then luffy would any other warlord and it's likely the other SH win there fights espeically sanji who then could back luffy up vs mihawk. Espeically since mihawk vs Luffy would probably take the longest. As i don't see mihawk winning a quick fight vs luffy.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
i highly doubt mihawk could solo luffy+zoro alone, yet alone the other SH. Although i think Luffy would require help in the fight to high dif.

it's implied by the roof top that zoro+luffy<kaido barely. So mihawk would have to be on par with the yonko to win the fight. And if mihawk was as strong as the yonko it's reasonable luffy and zoro would grow in the fight like they did vs kaido. I did say start of act 3, but i think it's reasonable to factor in haki blooms that happen in cannon sources. Which if your implying kaido=Mihawk, then it's reasonable Luffy and zoro get similar Haki blooms in the battle to what they are getting vs kaido. Which by the end of the fight luffy will probably defeat kaido with the help he has recieved. Also there is no big mom kaido combo attack to take zoro out of action. So logically if mihawk=kaido i can't see mihawk winning. If yoru logic is mihawk>kaido... well sure but i don't think thats the case. The haki blooms are afterall in lore and in characther powers that happen in battles. So i don't see any reason to exclude them when they make sense.

Now i didn't set any battles, but the SH do out number the warlords so it's logically some 2 vs 1 will happen. I also think it's in character for luffy to fight the strongest, and it's in character for zoro to try to fight mihawk. It's also possible that zoro asks for a 1 vs 1 and he's defeafted. Luffy goes and quickly defeats another Warlord, but i think mihawk would be more fatigued fighting zoro then luffy would any other warlord and it's likely the other SH win there fights espeically sanji who then could back luffy up vs mihawk. Espeically since mihawk vs Luffy would probably take the longest. As i don't see mihawk winning a quick fight vs luffy.
First of all: I'm sorry my answer came out this long. I went into too much detail for some things. I put a "too long didn't read" thingy in the end of the

The thing is both teams are extremely unbalanced, and Mihawk changes this whole thread around as the only unknown factor. If you propose ""Wano Act 3 Straw Hats" vs OG Warlords + Weevil - Mihawk": Luffy soloes. Always assume this is meant to be a fair frontal fight between two teams and not the kind of fight with an elaborate plot and random encounters like Onigashima, as that would be solved purely by "plot".

Lemme go into detail. I'll spoiler tag for convenience.
First, Luffy on his own can half the enemy numbers in under a minute:
- Hancock: Hancock here is like Sanji vs a woman. She's like a "+ 0" in the equation.
- Crocodile: Compare Crocodile's strength from what we saw pre-TS with what Luffy could do already at Dressrosa. Just the haki takes away Crocodile's advantage entirely, but G4 is overkill. Luffy can knock him out in the first second of the fight, with no. Another "+ 0".
- Moria: Moria is a - 5: he takes up space. Without years of preparation time stealing thousands shadows in the florian triangle he's way weaker than Crocodile.
- Kuma: As impressive as Kuma is, he was not a haki user and he got his shoulder dented by a pre-TS half-dead Zoro. He supposed to be PX-0, the prototype before any other Pacifistas. The unbeatable pacifistas, who had more durable bodies than the original Kuma, went from taking a combined effort from the whole crew to go down, to being demolished by a single swordstrike of Zoro or a single kick from Sanji, right after the timeskip. Current Luffy with all his CoA upgrades and future sight? He's going down fast. His DF is the only reason why I said Luffy takes under a minute with these guys and not just under a second, but Kuma could be surprised and blitzed pre-TS by both Zoro and Ivankov. He really could be instantly taken down by current Luffy.

Now the three that could be tricky:
- Luffy vs Doflamingo: I'm of the opinion that Doflamingo's real strength and agility got nerfed for the fight by Law's gamma knife, and it's true Luffy would have lost if he hadn't received help when he ran out of haki, but ever since that fight Luffy has learned Future Sight, projection CoA and internal destruction, on top of other forms like Snakeman. Doflamingo can last somewhat and be annoying, he's not a + 0, but he's not near Luffy's level anyore. It's possible he would go down in a single serious punch or two of internal destruction, but his high mobility makes him tricky... however, while Luffy is in G4 Doflamingo has no real means of harming him as we saw during their fight.
- Weevil: The only thing we know is that Weevil is strength and a comment of Kizaru saying he could really be Whitebeard's son because his strength reminds him of his. The only actual feats he has going for himself is beating up nobody pirate captains from the NW that at most could be around YC level.
- Jinbe: Tricky opponent too thanks to the impressive haki he showcased against Who's Who and his karate and jiujitsu techniques. However, as impressive as his haki was, it was still just normal hardening. A very strong use of it, but no internal destruction that we know of, which means it's below Luffy's.

Weevil has no DF that we know of and the only data we have on him is his physical strength. Luffy can easily keep him for last just by keeping his distance which means this really is just Luffy vs Doflamingo and Jinbe. In fact, here's how the whole fight could be over in under a minute:

If Luffy starts the fight by doing a Kong Glating with internal destruction haki onto the enemy team, those seven warlords are staying down with the exception of perhaps Doflamingo if he's fast enough to fly away, but he would go down seconds later. Even if Jinbe or Weevil were strong enough to tank some punches they aren't tanking the whole barrage. Kuma could possibly counter the barrage but as I theorized earlier he's not fast enough for that if Luffy really means to win fast.

I acknowledge that based on Luffy's personality the fight could get needlessly longer but he's really bound to win the fight as no matter how easy he takes it some of his enemies can only take a single punch from him.

If the rest of the SHs are in the fight then it's just overkill.
It's not even a contest.

Now, we throw Mihawk into the fray.
Just adding Mihawk in to fight Zoro and Luffy gets Hancock free to rampage and I'm assuming Jinbe, as an OG Shichibukai, is on Hancock's side, right? So who's left? Sanji won't fight her because she's a woman and no other Strawhat can fight Hancock and survive. As a matter of fact, Jinbe would also be unstoppable except perhaps by Sanji, but everyone else would be getting beaten in the background.
And if only Zoro stayed behind against Mihawk so Luffy can handle Hancock, Zoro wouldn't last much. Here we're assuming the SHs are giving it their all to win, by having stuff like Luffy blitzing Hancock, but if we're playing by that assumption Mihawk can also give it his all and down Zoro and/or Luffy fairly fast.

The Kong Gatling speed blitz I suggested for the earlier matchup isn't a good idea in this one. Remember Cracker, a nobody as a swordsman, could cut into Luffy's arms in G4. If Luffy stretches recklessly in front of Mihawk he's risking it, and Mihawk is known both for his reflexes and for being a good as hell sniper (in the Marineford manga. In the anime they changed his scenes a bit and ruined his hype considerably).

I see no scenario in which the Strawhats can win this fight without heavy plot devices or "plot armor".
So the SH's are just doomed in this scenario.

The whole discussion really revolves will revolve around just how strong exactly Mihawk is, and there are strong disagreements about that, so there will be no agreement in the forum about this matchup either, but it really is the only question that matters for this one: how strong is Mihawk?

My belief is Mihawk is at least around Kaido's level, because he's at least on Shanks level, but, unlike Kaido, he's not a tank as hell mythological zoan-user drunkard that lets the enemy take hits on him. If Mihawk got the direct hits that Kaido has taken I'm pretty sure he would be dead by now. Instead, he's not overconfident in that sense and he's a man of skill (on top of his strength). Shanks and Rayleigh are likely the same: they're men that stand among monsters but without the invulnerable natural body advantages, so to be capable of standing on similar ground they must be really hard to hit.

I'm giving Luffy with FS the benefit of the doubt of being capable of lasting a while against him, although based on the Kaido fight (and still talking about "beginning of Act 3 Luffy"), he shouldn't really last at all against Mihawk. He lasted against Kaido because Kaido was enjoying himself and playing along with them. Kaido only got excited when Luffy devolped the CoC coating and by then Luffy was already beaten. In fact, Luffy would have died when his G4 ran out earlier (against a Kaido that wasn't even trying and wasn't in his hybrid form).

I'm not discarding Mihawk also having CoC coating as well but that's not even a needed as a point for this discussion. Luffy's upgrade for Onigashima was only CoA "external coating" and CoA "internal destruction", and those are not that big of an advantage against Mihawk. The only thing those do is upgrading the strength of the hits, but as I have established, Mihawk will parry the hits (like he did to gunshots and Tashigi did to the cannonball, to avoid taking the blunt impact), block them or dodge them, but he's not just going to let Luffy hit his body like Kaido does most of the time (hell, Kaido in dragon form doesn't even have any way to block attacks). It's also not like Mihawk's yoru will break, and Luffy will be in constant risk of getting cut. Interestingly enough, keeping the fight long-ranged won't help Luffy either. As Mihawk himself put it (and as the videogame Bounty Rush puts it) Mihawk's normal fighting range is wide as hell, and just like it's not an effort for Luffy to stretch, it's not an effort for him to rain cuts around. In fact, even if Luffy tries to hold him down in a 1vs1, everyone else would still be in Mihawk's range and anything Luffy dodges can get them. Hell, he's a sniper, he could have his slash avoid Luffy and cut whoever's far behind (based still on Marineford's manga).

What I'm saying with this is that almost no Strawhat has the means to block or dodge a serious Mihawk, just like the wouldn't block or dodge Kaido's club, but with an added range advantage.

I don't believe for a second current Zoro can hold on against a serious Mihawk, just like Zoro can't currently hold on against a serious Kaido. Zoro will surpass them both in the future for sure but that's not the discussion at hand, is it? Same for Luffy. Luffy's skillset is at a disadvantage against Mihawk's except for FS (which is still a great addon). It's a simple comparison: I'm positive Shanks would have handled Kaido much better, as he's even capable of scaring himm off a fight; by extension, so could Mihawk be capable if he's around their level. Luffy had the punching power (minus the CoC coating) so the real difference between him and Shanks/Mihawk must be their reflexes/speed/techniques being still on different levels.

Regarding everyone else:
- Sanji only has his invisibility going for him and I have no reason to believe it could trick Mihawk's CoO (or his eyes, in case they're not CoO in the end).
- Nami didn't have Zeus back then, but even if she did Mihawk would just cut the cloud into pieces like Zoro and Brook did respectively, but with greater ease. She can't use her non-homing elemental attacks because they don't discriminate between allies and enemies, and she was absolutely no way of blocking any attack coming from Mihawk's general direction.
- Franky: He only has his giant laser beams going for himself and if Zoro is cutting boro breaths, Mihawk is cutting these.
- Robin: We know growing hands directly on opponents can be dodged and she hasn't used that against anyone significant. Her giant limbs would get cut and she can at most be a nuisance for Mihawk, while having no way of blocking him either even from afar.
- Chopper: I love him but he's a waste of space in this fight.
- Usopp: Same as Chopper.
- Brook: Physically he would be "killed" in a second, so what he can contribute to the fight is turning into his soul/ghost form and trying to make him cold or something. In the novel about Zoro's timeskip Perona tried to get Mihawk from behind with one of her ghosts while Mihawk was entertaining Zoro with a match and Mihawk just manipulated the fight so it hit Zoro instead of him. These kind of sneak attacks on him, whether it's Brook or a thunderbolt from Nami, could all end that way.

Sure, Zoro could adopt a support role and just stand in front of Robin and the rest blocking slashes but what would he or them contribute to the fight, then? Just earn time while Luffy's G4 wears out?

It's not different from suggesting SH crew vs Kaido. Kaido would beat the whole SH crew (pre-CoC coating Luffy, I insist). The fight would simply go differently because Kaido would abuse his durability and his healing in the fight like he always does instead of parrying attacks like Mihawk would.
TL;DR: Only Luffy is worth the attention in this theoretical matchup and even him is bound to lose fast, while Mihawk would still have everyone else in the range of his precise attacks even if Luffy holds him down in a 1v1 for a short while. Mihawk soloes.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you were to say current Strawhats it would be much more of a challenge as anyone would argue Luffy >= Mihawk if he can successfully put down Kaido in this arc. But start of act 3? Pre advanced CoC Luffy? Mihawk would solo by himself.

I will give a scenario that would give the strawhat the best chance possible.

Luffy/Zoro vs Mihawk

Battle Scenario: Luffy utilizes FS while Zoro uses swordsmanship to give Luffy an opening. It still ends in Mihawks favor

Sanji vs Doflamingo

Battle Scenario: Sanji uses the Raidsuit to prolong a very one-sided beating by Doflamingo.

Jinbei vs Weevil/Moria

Battle Scenario: Jinbei one shots Moria again then uses Fishman Karate and outsmarts Weevil a majority of the fight but can't keep Weevil down and leaves time for another Shichibukai who finished their fight to arrive

Nami/Ussop/Brook vs Crocodile

Battle scenario: surprisingly Nami creats a storm, nullifying Crocodile sand and Ussop puts him down

Franky/Chopper vs PX0

Battle scenario: Franky Shogun and Monster Point Chopper are sent flying to one of the blues

Robin vs Hanock

Battle scenario: :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw .... but Hancock wins

Ends in Strawhats defeat

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
If you were to say current Strawhats it would be much more of a challenge as anyone would argue Luffy >= Mihawk if he can successfully put down Kaido in this arc. But start of act 3? Pre advanced CoC Luffy? Mihawk would solo by himself.

I will give a scenario that would give the strawhat the best chance possible.

Luffy/Zoro vs Mihawk

Battle Scenario: Luffy utilizes FS while Zoro uses swordsmanship to give Luffy an opening. It still ends in Mihawks favor

Sanji vs Doflamingo

Battle Scenario: Sanji uses the Raidsuit to prolong a very one-sided beating by Doflamingo.

Jinbei vs Weevil/Moria

Battle Scenario: Jinbei one shots Moria again then uses Fishman Karate and outsmarts Weevil a majority of the fight but can't keep Weevil down and leaves time for another Shichibukai who finished their fight to arrive

Nami/Ussop/Brook vs Crocodile

Battle scenario: surprisingly Nami creats a storm, nullifying Crocodile sand and Ussop puts him down

Franky/Chopper vs PX0

Battle scenario: Franky Shogun and Monster Point Chopper are sent flying to one of the blues

Robin vs Hanock

Battle scenario: :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw :gaw .... but Hancock wins

Ends in Strawhats defeat
I agree with the results but surprisingly I disagree about Sanji's performance. Come on, the man is fighting Queen and we know he's going to win. I love One Piece's flamboyant "king of Spain" more than anyone else but it can't be a one-sided beating anymore. Sanji may even win.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with the results but surprisingly I disagree about Sanji's performance. Come on, the man is fighting Queen and we know he's going to win. I love One Piece's flamboyant "king of Spain" more than anyone else but it can't be a one-sided beating anymore. Sanji may even win.
I guess your thinking Queen>Doflamingo?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Unless Sanji can burn the strings somehow, I don't see how Sanji escaped Parasite, let alone Heavenly Thread. Sanji doesn't have the raw power of G4

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I guess your thinking Queen>Doflamingo?
I think he should be by rank alone. I'm trusting we haven't seen all we have to see from him.

Unless Sanji can burn the strings somehow, I don't see how Sanji escaped Parasite, let alone Heavenly Thread. Sanji doesn't have the raw power of G4
Well, Sanji just randomly power ups between arcs ever since Reverse Mountain so I don't know about his strength, specially now that with the Raid Suit he has for once an excuse to have become stronger. Other than that he has the speed and invisibility to make up for the things he may be lacking.

About parasite... I don't remember, did Doflamingo try that against Luffy? How did Luffy get out of it?

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think he should be by rank alone. I'm trusting we haven't seen all we have to see from him.

Well, Sanji just randomly power ups between arcs ever since Reverse Mountain so I don't know about his strength, specially now that with the Raid Suit he has for once an excuse to have become stronger. Other than that he has the speed and invisibility to make up for the things he may be lacking.

About parasite... I don't remember, did Doflamingo try that against Luffy? How did Luffy get out of it?
Yeah Luffy used G4 to break the threads

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah Luffy used G4 to break the threads
I see.

Well, anyway, do you place Doflamingo considerably above Queen then?

I say considerably for the one-sided beating expectations.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not s
I see.

Well, anyway, do you place Doflamingo considerably above Queen then?
Not considerably but I think Sanji is more favored in a match up against Queen than Doflamingo. Doflamingo is just so versatile with the Ito Ito no mi

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Not considerably but I think Sanji is more favored in a match up against Queen than Doflamingo. Doflamingo is just so versatile with the Ito Ito no mi
So it's more because of a matter of compatibility rather than a pure difference in stats. Alright, that's fair.