Team - StrawHat Pirates VS BlackBeard Pirates | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Team StrawHat Pirates VS BlackBeard Pirates

Luke Beifong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Pretty simple question: Who’s gonna fight who? And why? Make your bet! My bets are:

Luffy VS BlackBeard (obviously)

Zoro VS Shillew (also obviously)

Nami VS Vasco Shot? (the only ones I can’t imagine fighting with anyone’s else, so... why can’t they battle each other? Also, Nami dreams in drawing a world map and Vasco is based on Vasco da Gama and Vasco Nunes, both are explorers, so there’s a little connection)

Ussop VS Van Augur (a long range battle!)

Sanji VS Avalo (kicksXFists? A renegade prince against a corrupt king?)

Chopper VS Doc Q and Stronger (docs fight)

Franky and Sunny VS Sanjuan (MechaFranky VS a super Kaiju?)

Robin VS Catarina (I don’t know why, but I always imagine a fight between the two)

Brook VS Laffitte (their fighting style seems similar)

Jimbe VS Jesus (they seems like a good match)

kazekaze_yuki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Blackbeard Pirates is considered the evil version of Strawhat Pirates, both crews have small numbers of main members.
When the battle between them happen, there will be matchup for each of them
Sniper vs Sniper
Doctor vs Doctor
Navigator vs Navigator
Helsman vs Helsman
Swordman vs Swordman
So far, 3 Yonkou are depicted (Whitebeard, Big Mom, Kaido), all have at least 1 fishman member. We dont know yet if Shanks has or not.
I think the 10th is a fishman, it will be a perfect match for Jinbe. So far, we still dont have any real fight between 2 powerful fishmen (dont count Hordy vs Fukaboshi). It will be interesting to see one

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jinbe is the Helmsman, so he'd be fighting Burgess if they are to fight their opposites in the crew.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Imo Kuzan is the 10th Captain. He was said to be associated with Blackbeard now and is far to powerful to not be one.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's not impossible but it does sound like a stretch that BB would give kuzan one of the most important spots in his crew to an unreliable newcomer. That said, kuzan is definitely strong enough to be in such a position. Heck, anything but right hand man of a yonko is probably below kuzan's paygrade... I give it 60/40 that kuzan is not one of BB's titanic captains.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Kuzan VS Jinbei would be good, thouh, Ice VS Water, similar to Akainu VS Ace in the Marineford, Lava VS Fire.
Or will it be Kuzan VS Brook, Ice VS Ice?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Kuzan would low dif jinbe... I don't think kuzan is a long term enemy to the strawhats unless he returns to the marines at some point. And once he does it would have to be luffy to deal with him... or multiple strawhats, preferably the ones who have fire of some form at their disposal. not that it would exactly help though considering kuzan went toe to toe with akainu... Still, kuzan looks like a pretty hard counter to jinbe in general.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blackbeard Pirates is considered the evil version of Strawhat Pirates, both crews have small numbers of main members.
When the battle between them happen, there will be matchup for each of them
Sniper vs Sniper
Doctor vs Doctor
Navigator vs Navigator
Helsman vs Helsman
Swordman vs Swordman
So far, 3 Yonkou are depicted (Whitebeard, Big Mom, Kaido), all have at least 1 fishman member. We dont know yet if Shanks has or not.
I think the 10th is a fishman, it will be a perfect match for Jinbe. So far, we still dont have any real fight between 2 powerful fishmen (dont count Hordy vs Fukaboshi). It will be interesting to see one
I don't think that any matchups against the Blackbeard Pirates would be based on their roles within the crew as it'd mean some of those look to be greatly disadvantaged; like Nami v Lafitte in Nagivator v Nagivator. His crew has also grown vastly from pre-timeskip to the point where he has divisions like Whitebeard's, so I think they are beyond being considered an evil version of the SH crew.

When the SH fight the Blackbeard pirates, I do see some of their allies being involved, as Blackbeard's division captains are all formidable foes that the crew even after the timeskip could not all defeat in 1 v 1 situations. For example who is taking down Wolf or Catarina Devon or Pizarro? we don't even know their roles.

That said on the point of a fishman crew member, I would be surprised seeing as the only really evil fishmen we've met have been part of the old Sun Pirates or New Fishman Pirates. The remnants of the old Sun Pirates I'd consider allies of the SH by proxy of Jinbei, the others that went their own way are simply too weak (Macro and the others) and then the Hody Jones and his cronies are imprisoned and aged due to drug abuse.

Unless Blackbeard went and found Arlong, I don't think we'll be introduced to any new powerful fishman.

My money is either Kuzan as the 10th captain or another familiar face.

Luke Beifong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My bets are:

Luffy VS BlackBeard (obviously)

Zoro VS Shillew (also obviously)

Nami VS Vasco Shot? (the only ones I can’t imagine fighting with anyone’s else, so... why can’t they battle each other? Also, Nami dreams in drawing a world map and Vasco is based on Vasco da Gama and Vasco Nunes, both are explorers, so there’s a little connection)

Ussop VS Van Augur (a long range battle!)

Sanji VS Avalo (kicksXFists? A renegade prince against a corrupt king?)

Chopper VS Doc Q and Stronger (docs fight)

Franky and Sunny VS Sanjuan (MechaFranky VS a super Kaiju?)

Robin VS Catarina (I don’t know why, but I always imagine a fight between the two)

Brook VS Laffitte (their fighting style seems similar)

Jimbe VS Jesus (they seems like a good match)

I don’t see why the BB crew need to have a fishman. For me the machtups are all made. And yes, BB crew seams to be stronger than the SH crew, but you know, if Luffy became the PK and his crew don’t prove to be the strongest crew... I mean, I really want that fight. For a very long time. If Oda puts the captains of the Grand Fleet to fight or other allies... It’s just bad. I don’t want this
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And Kuzan is a member of the SWORD infiltrated in BB crew just like X Drake is a infiltrated member in Kaido’s crew. I just want this to be true

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Imo Kuzan is the 10th Captain. He was said to be associated with Blackbeard now and is far to powerful to not be one.
Wrong Kuzan recently became associated with the BP.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
It's not wrong. His position was not made clear.
The world only became aware of Kuzan association with them after Dressrosa arc. While the BB 10 Titan Captains are widely known before Dressrosa arc.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The world only became aware of Kuzan association with them after Dressrosa arc. While the BB 10 Titan Captains are widely known before Dressrosa arc.
Smoker already questions Kuzan what is up with him in Punk Hazard.

Nothing is really ruled out here.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Smoker already questions Kuzan what is up with him in Punk Hazard.

Nothing is really ruled out here.
Yeah like the G5 wouldn't mention Kuzan association with BB if he was 1 of his captains.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah like the G5 wouldn't mention Kuzan association with BB if he was 1 of his captains.
The WG thinks that the biscuit armor is Cracker.

The public thinks that Luffy is a giant.

The G5 Marines are at the bottom of their organizations hierarchy and Smoker's comment implies that he, the Vice Admiral, knows.

If there is a raid, performed by the 10 Titanic Captains, than you don't need to know the composition of this group to know about its existence.

Also, half of Blackbeard's Commanders are people he specifically recruited for that purpose with a deathmatch in Impel Down, so not exactly trustworthy individuals either.

The power of Kuzan demands a position. This is someone who is as strong as Blackbeard himself. It's not like the Supernova or Jimbe who couldn't really say anything when they had to join a Yonko. This is someone Blackbeard has to handle with delicate care or else it has the potential to be dangerous for him.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Jinbei vs Jesus seems like a very good matchup. Vale Tudo vs JiuJitsu.

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think that any matchups against the Blackbeard Pirates would be based on their roles within the crew as it'd mean some of those look to be greatly disadvantaged; like Nami v Lafitte in Nagivator v Nagivator. His crew has also grown vastly from pre-timeskip to the point where he has divisions like Whitebeard's, so I think they are beyond being considered an evil version of the SH crew.

When the SH fight the Blackbeard pirates, I do see some of their allies being involved, as Blackbeard's division captains are all formidable foes that the crew even after the timeskip could not all defeat in 1 v 1 situations. For example who is taking down Wolf or Catarina Devon or Pizarro? we don't even know their roles.

That said on the point of a fishman crew member, I would be surprised seeing as the only really evil fishmen we've met have been part of the old Sun Pirates or New Fishman Pirates. The remnants of the old Sun Pirates I'd consider allies of the SH by proxy of Jinbei, the others that went their own way are simply too weak (Macro and the others) and then the Hody Jones and his cronies are imprisoned and aged due to drug abuse.

Unless Blackbeard went and found Arlong, I don't think we'll be introduced to any new powerful fishman.

My money is either Kuzan as the 10th captain or another familiar face.
When has Nami being at a disadvantage ever stopped Oda from making it happen? Compared to Kalifa Nami was a child, but she still won. Same as vs Miss Doublefinger.

Pizarro seems tailor made for Sanji. Former king in North Blue, no real weapons. Devon could be for Robin, Wolf for Franky or Monster Point Chopper.

I don't see Kuzan as a captain, certainly not one who will fight alongside BB vs the SH's, we saw him at Punk Hazard, no way is he an actual villain.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Still sticking with Vasco Shot as my prediction of Sanji's opponent.