Strawhat pirates vs Donquixote Pirates (minus Luffy and Doflamingo) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Strawhat pirates vs Donquixote Pirates (minus Luffy and Doflamingo)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So we just saw the end of the doflamingo pirates. It was a long and grueling battle which threatened to end the lives of everyone in dressrosa. And the strawhats got a more than respectable amount of help from the very people doflamingo summoned to the coloseum. In fact the only donquixote pirates who were taken out by strawhats were doflamingo himself by luffy (with a extremely significant amount of help from law), pikka, pink and jora and technically sugar. Diamante, trebol, laoG, machvise, delinger, gladius and buffalo were defeated by other people altogether.

So... how would the strawhats have fared against the doflamingo pirates on their own? I am not necessarily suggesting a free for all here but within the context of the story how would have this turned out if they had faced like this? Basically the dressrosa arc where the strawhat crew faced the donquixote crew.

So what we would have is Zoro, sanji, franky, brook, ussop, nami, robin and chopper vs PIka, diamante, trebol, gladius, laoG, machvise, delinger, jora, baby 5, sugar and buffalo.

I am not sure of whether baby 5 counts. If she runs anywhere near sanji she will definitely marry him on the spot. Ussop is particularly bound to also take advantage of her quirks with his lies.

So... what do you all think? Would the strawhats have had a chance if the colloseum fighters had not been there and sanji and co did not leave? I think I am going to throw kinemon there just to even things out a bit, the strawhats are slightly outnumbered.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Re: Streawhat pirates vs Donquixote Pirates (minus Luffy and Doflamingo)

With current knowledge of their opponents, it probably wouldn't be particularly difficult to take them down. Without said knowledge, the SHs are probably going to sustain casualties. In terms of pure combat ability, Pika and Trebol are the biggest threats, Zoro and Sanji are up to the task. I'd favour Franky over Diamante, the most underwhelming of the top execs. Jora and Sugar have pretty hax abilities, however, they aren't particularly combat oriented. I imagine the long range combo of Nami and Usopp could make quick work of them, the same goes for Buffalo, he offers very little other than flight. Lao G, Machvise, and Delinger are close combat fighters, which suits the last three members of the SHs fine. Between Chopper, Brook, and Robin they shouldn't find it too difficult to handle. The two problems though are Senor Pink and Gladius, both of whom have the potential to be anywhere from immensely annoying to deadly. Kinemon might help a bit, however, at the end of the day, DD has two extra combatants. I'd say that Nami and Usopp are probably the most important in the SHs defeating the lower executives. If the others can allow them to just wreak havoc from the background, the SHS can pull out a victory without losses. Of course, this doesn't matter much to the eventual outcome if the likes of Zoro and Sanji can win their battles without taking too much damage, which they should be able to do.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

So with your addition of Kinemon, we would have potentially 3 top fighters on the Strawhats side, so they could take on the Executives.

Assuming this battle is structured like Oda's usual fights, Zoro and Sanji could probably easily take out any of the executives. Kinemon is up in the air though, so his best bet would probably be Diamante I guess.

That being said, I think the rest of the Donquixote Pirates might have a bit more offensive power than the remaining Strawhats. Dellinger, Machvise, Lao G, Gladius, and Senor Pink are definite problems, along with the Jora and Sugar. I think the match ups would be key in the Strawhats' victory. If some Strawhats get certain opponents, then I don't think they'd win. I don't see anyone taking on Machvise aside from Monster Chopper or Franky. Robin could take on either Dellinger or Senor Pink due to her ability. Brook already had his bout with Jora and we saw how that turned out, so that could go the same way. Nami could fight Buffalo, not because he's weak, but I could see there being a weather theme going on with his abilities and Nami's expertise. Usopp would probably get the bad draw and go against Gladius, but he'd probably pull out a win with haki and his ranged attacks. That leaves Baby 5 and Lao G, so two Strawhats are going to have to get an extra opponent due to lack of extra fighters, with Chopper and Franky being my personal choices.

If it's an all out battle though, the Strawhats should easily win it, since Zoro and Sanji will most likely finish up quickly.

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Depends on the context. Are the SHs aware of the Donquixote abilities? If so, they'd be able to deal with them with relative ease. If the SHs are oblivious, it could be complicated. It could easily go either way in such a scenario. I actually think the SHs would lose here unless they get pretty lucky (Luffy's usually the lucky one and he's missing here :XD). Trebol might manage to pin one or two down (no matter how brief) and sugar takes over from there. Frightening thing is, they forget about the comrade taken. By the time they figure it out, if ever, it'd surely be too late. There's also Jora with a troublesome ability as well. Another point to note is the location. Dressrosa undoubtedly provided a bit of an advantage for the Donquixote pirates, the most obvious case being Pica and Diamanté. Both could wreak havoc before they are successfully taken down (assuming this is some sort of royal rumble). Kinemon is a good addition but without info on the abilities of the family, the SHs probably can't pull this off. With info though, I'd reckon they could do so pretty easily.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Wow, my actual impression was that the strawhats had the short end of the stick here. I am not sure I would say kinnemon is a top fighter either. He is certainly cmpetent but he sems to lag more than a bit compared to sanji and zoro. And frankly seems to be at best even with pink which would suggest he is inferior to the executives. I think the main issue here comes down to deringer, gladius and laog. Their combat ability seemed to be very significant, more than what chopper, nami, ussop and Robin could handle considering how they were all defeated in the manga.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Wow, my actual impression was that the strawhats had the short end of the stick here. I am not sure I would say kinnemon is a top fighter either. He is certainly cmpetent but he sems to lag more than a bit compared to sanji and zoro. And frankly seems to be at best even with pink which would suggest he is inferior to the executives. I think the main issue here comes down to deringer, gladius and laog. Their combat ability seemed to be very significant, more than what chopper, nami, ussop and Robin could handle considering how they were all defeated in the manga.
Well we have to consider that Zoro has enough in the tank to take Pica out and probably defeat 2 more people. I would say the same for sanji but that would largely be baseless as of now. The SHs imo, only win if they have knowledge of their opponents skills. Hakuba took down dellinger in one hit (though the latter was reckless) but I doubt Dellinger could react to Zoro either and Zoro can likely hit harder (at least his sword will be coated). Robin could possible best Lao G. He's a close combat type and she can keep her distance while retaining heavy attacks. He's fast but Hakuba is supposedly faster and she caught Hakuba. As long as she keeps her distance or holds him down with multiple hands, she can atleast hold out till someone else joins to help.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well we have to consider that Zoro has enough in the tank to take Pica out and probably defeat 2 more people. I would say the same for sanji but that would largely be baseless as of now. The SHs imo, only win if they have knowledge of their opponents skills. Hakuba took down dellinger in one hit (though the latter was reckless) but I doubt Dellinger could react to Zoro either and Zoro can likely hit harder (at least his sword will be coated). Robin could possible best Lao G. He's a close combat type and she can keep her distance while retaining heavy attacks. He's fast but Hakuba is supposedly faster and she caught Hakuba. As long as she keeps her distance or holds him down with multiple hands, she can atleast hold out till someone else joins to help.
For me the issue more than knowledge itself is the "average" power of the crew. Odds are zoro and sanji can have relatively comfortable victories over the top executives but it would still take some serious effort and time. And in that time the scenario you potentially have is franky, brook, ussop, robin, nami, chopper and kinemon fighting trebol, gladius, sr pink, deringer, laoG and several others. Considering everything it would be weird at all if most of them are proficient haki users to boot. Which we know only kinemon can use. I guess a big part of the problem here is that we still have not seen what the strawhats can do. We have yet to see the full extent of nami's weather control, sanji I would argue is likely to have more tricks under his sleves (I have the theory that he will have a secret but immensely powerful move which he will have learned from the okama but prefers not using out of shame). Chopper has yet to fight an enemy himself as well. Though I would still be surprised if he can fight on par with deringer or LaoG... Most of the fighters of the crew seem to have real power behind them, even gladius was not outright defeated by luffy's gear 2 punch.

souske

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

The strawhats would win but if we add Vergo and Monet in then it's a whole different story.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Vergo would be a huge issue though I am not that sure about monet. I guess she could be dangerous but I kinda get the impression that she is less dangerous than what her ability would suggest. Her vulnerability is fire something which most of the strawhats are able to use to at least an extent. Franky has his lasers and missiles to which she should be vulnerable too, ussop has explosions and nami has heat and thunder which could do the trick as well. She is not a part of the fight so it ultimately doesn't matter.

I am still not sure of how exactly the rest of the crew would handle the likes of deringer, gladius and laoG.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

For me the issue more than knowledge itself is the "average" power of the crew. Odds are zoro and sanji can have relatively comfortable victories over the top executives but it would still take some serious effort and time. And in that time the scenario you potentially have is franky, brook, ussop, robin, nami, chopper and kinemon fighting trebol, gladius, sr pink, deringer, laoG and several others. Considering everything it would be weird at all if most of them are proficient haki users to boot. Which we know only kinemon can use. I guess a big part of the problem here is that we still have not seen what the strawhats can do. We have yet to see the full extent of nami's weather control, sanji I would argue is likely to have more tricks under his sleves (I have the theory that he will have a secret but immensely powerful move which he will have learned from the okama but prefers not using out of shame). Chopper has yet to fight an enemy himself as well. Though I would still be surprised if he can fight on par with deringer or LaoG... Most of the fighters of the crew seem to have real power behind them, even gladius was not outright defeated by luffy's gear 2 punch.
I get the same feeling about sanji. I wouldn't be surprised if chopper could fight on par with Dellinger or Lao G. Wouldn't monster point suffice? And he can use all the other forms on a whim. Señor pink isn't exactly on par with Franky. Prior to that battle, Franky fought a Vice admiral as well as Pink and others. Afterwards, they decided to have a hard boiled fight and Franky refrained from using some of the more flashy attacks like beams and all. He even has the giant robot thing. Gladius would be the biggest problem imo. He seems to have solid resistance and he has a troublesome DF to boot. He would be the most difficult to defeat imo, but like you said, the biggest issue is that we aren't entirely aware of just what the SHs can do. Particularly Nami. I would still expect them to win against the Donquixote family.

BASED Shinigami

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I believe Donquixote pirates would probably win. Trebol, Pica, Diamante, and Vergo are all confirmed Haki users. Although we did not see Trebol and Diamante use Haki in battle, the both of them were shown to possess extensive knowledge of Haki. They all most likely taught Doflamingo how to use Haki as well since they trained him on how to fight. Some of the other executives like Lao G and Gladius may be able to use Haki too but I'm not certain. At the present moment only two members of Luffy's crew can use Haki effectively. I'm not including Usopp because he just awakened his Haki. Zoro and Sanji can certainly take care of the top executives, but they would both need a lot of time because their opponents have tricky Devil Fruit abilities namely Pica and Trebol. The only way the Straw Hats are winning this fight is if Zoro and Sanji take out all four top executives. Also, they would need a little bit of luck as well because Lao G, Dellinger, and Gladius aren't pushovers. They're all competent close range fighters. The Straw Hats would be overwhelmed in all likelihood by a superior fighting force. They're outnumbered and up against experienced NW pirates whom a portion of know how to use Haki which serves as a big advantage for numerous reasons.

Last edited:

Ricko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

I don't think Gladius would be more than a problem for Zorro, Luffy Jet punch is not more a mighty attack in new world standard !

Remember Uzio
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/609/14
He resist to the same attack and could counter-attack (better feat than Gladius), but even with drug he was one shot like fodder by Zorro....

I'll give the battle to the Straw Hat, the crew only have to resist to the lower executive until Zorro and Sanji beat the top executive, and one shot the rest of them.

- Franky could beat in Shogun mode two executive in easy way.
- Robin could stop Hakuba who trashed Dellinger
- Pica was never dangerous to Zorro and was (for me) the most powerfull Executive with his strang DF, Trebol and Diamante would stand less time I think.
And with Observation Haki of Sanji, Pika would be less trouble.

I think Nami and Ussop may play trick to win time and avoid fight.

Unless Vergo come to the fight, I give it to the Strawhat, the more impressive feat of Doflamingo crew was Lao G who beat Shinjao, but this one suffer of the beating by Luffy and was not concentred in his fight ever !

Beside Doflamingo himself, his crew miss real powherhouse, they are strong fighter but none seem to be able to resist to a top tier and not have fodder treatment.
ATM Zorro can fight top tier (he did some good clash with Fudji)
Sanji don't seem yet but he couldn't show all his training for the moment !

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm a bit disappointed that Oda had the battle done this way. I was sure that, being Doflamingo's crew, they would've given the SH an even greater challenge than CP9. I was hoping that the Donquixote Pirates would be the SH's first real challenge in the New World, allowing them to go all out unlike when they fought the New Fishman Pirates. As for matchups, I was fine with Kyros and Bartolomeo taking on Diamante and Gladius, considering they were the Straw Hats' best allies. However, I think I would've liked to see Chopper vs Dellinger (them being the youngest), Sanji vs Lao G, Nami vs Baby 5 (if she hadn't defected), Brook vs Machivise, and Robin vs Trebol. Zoro and Franky's battles with Pica and Senor Pink I was okay with, though I wish Pica gave Zoro a tougher challenge.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah i was also disappointed with how the fights turned out.

General Franky defeated baby 5 and buffalo easily with no damage taken by franky and it could still go on and beat many other officers all on its own.

I would hand it to the strawhats if the match ups turned out to be right.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given the latest development, it seems that the Donquixote Pirates were defeated by Straw Hats. Should've known Oda knew what he was doing.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given the latest development, it seems that the Donquixote Pirates were defeated by Straw Hats. Should've known Oda knew what he was doing.
I thought it did not include the allies. Just the strawhat's vs DD pirates.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The Straw Hats. Obviously.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
If they come 1 by 1 Zoro probably solo all of them, if they all come at once the SH will take this very easily as at the end of the day none comes even close to Zoro's lvl don't see any having enough to put away Zoro, given Sanji is here as well this will just be a one sided beat down, only problem is Sugar because of had but the family was weak if Franky did fool around he would have put away Pink fairly easily

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Jeah Zoro alone should be enough to deal with them one after another. Sanji and Franky take the rest. Heck even Brooke could defeat most of them with his speed and icetechniques.