Strays: How We Learned To Stop Whining And Do Edited Mangas By Ourselves | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Strays: How We Learned To Stop Whining And Do Edited Mangas By Ourselves

Siedhr

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Gunajoot and ArgoW, that's great to hear. This forum has a great tutorial section where you can learn all there is to learn about Editing. Start with this tutorial:

http://www.unblessed.net/guide/main.html

Right now we have all the typesetters we need, but we're still short on cleaners, so if you guys could learn how to clean that would be great.

leingood

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have much experience but i'm willing to learn and help if i can

ryukage

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Once i learn how to clean better i'll be up for it. All i can do is level for right now. :/

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm sure Siedhr or Devin will get back to you guys (if they haven't already).

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Right now we have all the people that don't know much but want to learn that we can handle. For now, at least. Once we train the ones we have, we'll probably consider taking on more. I wish we could take on everyone that has offered, but we simply do not have the time to both teach you and work on releases.

However, we'll try to help you as much as we can with links to tutorials, advice and other resources. For example, for people who want to learn how to typeset, I can give links to some tutorials, you can practice on your own, then send me the pages you've typeset and I can tell you what I think of them.

Mangahelpers has a very good section for teaching newbies here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=151.0. There are tutorials here, and also there are many people willing to look over your work and tell you how to improve. You can always PM us with links to your work.

Once you've learned some more on your own, come join us. We have plenty of projects that need people.

ryukage said:
Once i learn how to clean better i'll be up for it. All i can do is level for right now. :/
We'll be waiting. We're in desperate need of some cleaners.

leingood said:
i have much experience but i'm willing to learn and help if i can
See my previous answer at the beginning of this post. We would love to have you aboard, but we simply don't have the resources to help you all at the moment. But do keep in touch with us (shows commitment ;)), and we'll also do our best to keep in touch with you.

Thank you all for offering. That's the spirit. :tem

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
... I'm not apart of stray's at all but if I were you i'd edit that post right away and make understandable.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
singaporeunknown said:
i oso hav little experience on cleanin,n ya its oni playin w levels n hue/saturation.i wanna help tooXD.
Well, if you're interested, I can send you some tutorials. You will need to learn a bit on your own. We don't have the ability to take cleaners in training at the moment. We will be available however for advice, should you need it.

manu said:
... I'm not apart of stray's at all but if I were you i'd edit that post right away and make understandable.
Was that to singaporeunknown? If so, manu does have a point, singapore, you're rather hard to understand.

But anyhow, I wanted to let everyone know we've started work on Chunchu, by the same artist as Jackals. It's an awesome manwha with a brooding, damned character with a big sword and chiseled pecs "cough". This one is a fantasy story however. Also, we're doing Slam Dunk- 10 Days After, a oneshot by Takehiko Inoue that deals with the basketball gang in Slam Dunk, 10 days after Shohoku's final match in the National Championship.

Jackals chapter 2 should be out next week, so look forward to that. ^____^

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
are you guys sure it is by inoue?

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
NeoShweaty said:
are you guys sure it is by inoue?
Yes, we're sure. Check out the raws, there are actually some photos of him drawing the stuff. Plus, the art is definitely his.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
oh, there are photos of him drawing it. I didnt know that part.

singaporeunknown

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
sorry about that,i will try not to post anymore replies...

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
singaporeunknown said:
sorry about that,i will try not to post anymore replies...
Oh no, don't do that. We were just saying that you're hard to understand.

zombietoaster

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Im gonna take the test soon.

I dont have any experience cleaning manga. Altho i have scanned and cleaned some american comics. But most of them were in color.

Also, do you have to do all the pages in the test? Because DAYUM! Those blue dragon pages were shitty.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
zombietoaster said:
I dont have any experience cleaning manga. Altho i have scanned and cleaned some american comics. But most of them were in color.
Color pages are very hard to clean. :)

Also, do you have to do all the pages in the test? Because DAYUM! Those blue dragon pages were shitty.
Yes, you have to do all the pages in the test. We need to know what you can do. However, once you're in the group, you can choose the manga you want to work on.

Daryl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,
you guys might know me if you follow the Eyeshield 21 manga. I'm the one who tries to clean and typeset the newest Eyeshield 21 chapters. I will do just the type setting test. I've been trying to get into a real Edited Manga group for ages but I never got accepted. The editor places are most often full and nobody wants another helper/supporter. So I hope I can impress you guys. :-) I will edit this post once I'm done with the test.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hey, Daryl. Looking forward to your work and good luck.

Daryl

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not able to download the type-setting test! And just in case you haven't noticed yet. I will only do the type-setting test because I'm only good at fast Edited Mangas and don't have enough time (or passion) to do HQ scans ( or sitting on one page for an hour :) ). Hope you understand it and hopefully you're still looking for type-setters.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Sorry about the link, Daryl. I'm going to try and fix it. But unfortunately we don't need typesetters at this moment. What we do need are cleaners. Keep in mind, though, that you probably won't be working by yourself on the scans (which are better than Jump scans anyway). Also, we don't do speed-Edited Mangas which offers you a somewhat larger frame of time to work with. So I hope you'll reconsider and try the cleaning test. Think about it.

Daryl

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Germany
All right I'll give it a try. Expect the edited test within this or beginning of next week. :)

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Excellent. I'm glad you reconsidered. :tem