Anime - suggestion for this forum (concerning the anime) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime suggestion for this forum (concerning the anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
would it be a good idea to do a "new episode" thread every week and have a dedicated thread for each episode, similar to how the other forums on this site have a new chapter thread for each manga chapter???

it would be better for archiving and researching discussion on particular episodes, and since we dont have new manga chapters coming out right now ( :no )

it would give us a new thread to look forward to each week.

a few things to consider
do we have enough posts to justify a new chapter for each episode?
and if we decide not to do this should we at least roughly label the anime discussion segments with what episodes the approximately cover?

any way its just an idea, im not trying to fix something that isnt broken, i am only trying to maximize our experience on this forum and perhaps make researching discussion of previous episodes a bit more efficient :hip

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
I think the issue here this is a manga-centric forum. Not anime-centric.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the issue here this is a manga-centric forum. Not anime-centric.
Yea i know that

the most popular thread on this particilar forum is the madhouse anime thread due to the lack of new chapters

it was just an idea , not trying to ruffle any feathers

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well the majority of the fanbase has already read the manga, so there wouldn't really be much to discuss other than the animation or little things that might have been changed from the manga.

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Are you sure the majority have read the manga? I mean all my friends haven't and new fans are getting into Hxh so I think that changed.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't say the majority have read the manga, and the anime is drawing in more fans if anything. I have a couple friends who haven't touched the manga but greatly enjoy the anime.

That said, this is a manga forum. Following the format of the other subforums (OP, Naruto, Magi, etc) where there is a manga running concurrently with the anime, it works to have a single anime topic and then a new manga discussion thread for each chapter.

Because we do have a manga that's on hiatus, I will think this over, since none of us really know when the manga is coming back. But this will only be for discussions only (we won't have a speculation/spoiler thread like we would for manga chapters since images get leaked and stuff and the majority of us already know what's going to happen).

I will also need to assess the thread's activity. How many posts we get a day, etc. But yeah, that's my input. I could put up a new thread every Tuesday or something if we go forward with this. Overall, it's something I would be interested in doing. I mean, this is a manga forum, but there are quite a few anime fans roaming around also, and I think their numbers are increasing just looking at the activity in the general anime forum.

That said, I will close this, but feel free to PM me for more ideas and suggestions to make this subforum a better place. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.