TV - Suits | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV Suits

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Airing: Thursdays 10:00pm on USA Network

Cast

Patrick J. Adams - Mike Ross
Gabriel Macht - Harvey Specter
Meghan Markle - Rachel Zane
Gina Torres - Jessica Pearson
Rick Hoffman - Louis Litt
Sarah Rafferty - Donna

Even the best lawyer in New York City can use some help.

While running from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), a brilliant young college-dropout, slips into a job interview with one of New York City's best legal closers, Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht). Tired of cookie-cutter law school grads, Harvey takes a gamble by hiring Mike on the spot after he recognizes his raw talent and photographic memory.

Mike and Harvey are a winning team. Even though Mike is a genius, he still has a lot to learn about law. And while Harvey may seem like an emotionless, cold-blooded shark, Mike's sympathy and concern for their cases and clients will help remind Harvey why he went into law in the first place. Mike's other allies in the office include the firm's best paralegal Rachel (Meghan Markle) and Harvey's no-nonsense assistant Donna (Sarah Rafferty) to help him serve justice.

Proving to be an irrepressible duo and invaluable to the practice, Mike and Harvey must keep their secret from everyone including managing partner Jessica (Gina Torres) and Harvey's arch nemesis Louis (Rick Hoffman), who seems intent on making Mike's life as difficult as possible. -usanetwork
Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams) is a brilliant college dropout. With his natural intelligence and eidetic memory, he makes a living taking the LSAT for others. To make the money he needs to keep his grandmother in a private nursing home, he agrees to deliver a case of marijuana for his best friend Trevor (Tom Lipinski). Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) is one of New York City's top corporate lawyers and is promoted to senior partner at the Pearson Hardman law firm--a law firm that only hires Harvard Law School graduates. He is forced by company policy to hire an associate attorney. Mike discovers that the drug delivery is a sting operation and escapes the police by accidentally sitting for an interview with Harvey. Harvey is impressed with Mike's quick wits, encyclopedic knowledge of law, and genuine desire to be an attorney; he hires Mike and pretends that Mike is a Harvard Law graduate. Only Harvey's legal secretary and confidant Donna Paulsen (Sarah Rafferty) knows the secret.
At the firm, junior partner Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman), Harvey's jealous rival and direct supervisor of the associates, is suspicious of Mike's Harvard credentials. Meanwhile, Mike struggles to distance himself from Trevor, who has stopped dealing drugs but cannot escape his past. When Trevor leaves the state, Mike begins dating Trevor's ex-girlfriend Jenny Griffith (Vanessa Ray). Mike befriends paralegal Rachel Zane (Meghan Markle) at the office, and the two soon develop a mutual attraction, complicating his relationship with Jenny. Trevor returns to New York, only to learn that Mike is dating Jenny. In retaliation, he tells the firm's managing partner Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) about Mike's lack of a degree.- wiki

In the season premiere, founder Daniel Hardman (David Costabile) returns to the firm, and Jessica and Harvey fear he wishes to return to his former position as managing partner. Because of this, Jessica allows Mike to continue working, despite discovering his secret. Meanwhile, Jenny confronts Mike about his feelings for Rachel, and when Mike hesitates in his response, Jenny breaks up with him.

At the firm, Travis Tanner (Eric Close) accuses Harvey of burying evidence and is determined to have Harvey disbarred. Donna learns that she signed in the document and then lost it; she panics and destroys the document. She is fired by Jessica shortly after. Hardman is able to blackmail Tanner into dropping Harvey's disbarment from the settlement, and Hardman's decision to settle or Jessica's decision to go to trial is put to vote. When the partners are evenly divided on the issue, Harvey, who has the deciding vote, realizes the trial will jeopardize everyone at the firm and votes to settle, unwillingly siding with Hardman over Jessica so the firm can move past the lawsuit. This causes Hardman to call a partner vote and challenge Jessica for the position of managing partner. Soon after, Hardman promotes Louis to senior partner, and both Harvey and Jessica fail to definitively win Louis' support. Hardman becomes managing partner, but it is short lived as Mike and Harvey discover that Hardman forged and planted the document that Harvey and Donna supposedly buried. He is voted out of the firm, and Jessica regains the managing partner position.
Immediately after his grandmother's death, Mike tries to start a relationship with Rachel, but she is reluctant. Instead, he sleeps with his childhood friend Tess (Elisabeth Hower) who was in town for the funeral, only to be discovered by Rachel, who has just decided that she was willing to have a relationship with him.-wiki

Season 2 resumes with a new era at Pearson-Hardman one that is full of change as all the dust settles after Daniel is voted out of the firm.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bumps!

Anyone watching the 3rd season? 4 episodes have aired so far, I've seen the first 2. It's been so good to see the dynamic and relationship between Harvey/Jessica and Harvey/Mike and Donna/Rachel at play in just these 2 episodes. Always keeping you at edge, and makes you wonder how long it'll last. The Harvey and Jessica one will probably go on for a while though...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I only saw the first two. No good cable package so no USA. :( You watching it on TV or online?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen up to episode 5 now. I'm downloading and watching in my laptop. Rachel and Mike's relationship has progressed quite a bit during the last few episodes; in episode 4 and 5 especially.
There's quite a twist with Harvey and Jessica too...

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trailer for Season 3 aired a while ago:

Looks like Harvey will be fighting a big case this season? and there's a hint of romance between him and Scottie, so I'm hoping they go that direction because it's a long time coming and they make a good couple. If not, I hope at least they bring back hints of the old Harvey who casually sleeps around :hee

From the the ending of last season, I guess this one will focus a lot on Louis trying to reveal Mike's secret and the latter looking for ways to not let that happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Can´t say i like the teaser, "Millions of people can´t be wrong", the statement could not be more wrong :mono

Other than that, i really hope it is gonna be about episodic cases with an overarching plot element like season 1 which was the best so far in my opinion. The stuff with Hardman or Ava Hessington was not that exciting to me.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daniel Hardman was an interesting idea and a recipe that has been used in some series before (the returning former boss, questionable motives, etc), I just felt that it was overstretched a bit and unnecessary to then bring him back later that particular arc was over and done with. At the very least they should've kept his second return until much later.

Hessington on the other hand, just got worse and worse. Overcomplicated itself to no ends. In the end, it felt that bringing Travis Tanner to "save face" or whatnot. I didn't like it very much. I liked the smaller episodic cases, with a focus on the characters growth and the flashbacks and life history we previously got.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm sad I don't have cable anymore, I can't wait for Suits though! :3c

Now that Louis realizes the truth, or at least guesses it, I'm curious to see what's gonna happen. He's probably gonna feel even worse because he's the only one kept out of the loop. Harvey knew, Donna guessed it, Mike's former friend told Jessica, and Mike told Rachel, but Louis was left in the dark. Would be unfair if he snitched given that Mike has done a good job as an assistant lawyer so far.

My favorite thing about this show is the relationship between MIke and Harvey. Mike was able to convince Harvey to take the deal just because Harvey didn't want to disappoint Mike, and Mike cared more about his relationship with Harvey than an office space and other perks. Donna and Harvey, and their relationships, are my second and third favorite things.

I love how spunky Donna is, yet how brilliant she is. Harvey owns so much too, and I love how they interact with each other. Donna listened in without Harvey's knowledge, but when he found out, he didn't care much. There's a great deal of trust between the two, and I like how it was revealed that Donna was Harvey's moral compass. Confusing though, that she regarded him as a brother (or so she said to Harvey) when they actually had sex with each other (not confirmed though, is it?).

And Jessica Pearson. SO BEAUTIFUL AND SO REGAL/ROYAL. Everything about her just says sophisticated, and I love that.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that problem of constantly feeling "left out" of decision or important matters could come to push him over the edge and have him handle matters differently, rather than trusting the others. That is to say if it plays out that he also finds out the others knew; especially Jessica. I'd assume he'd think Harvey knew already, considering how close he and Mike are.

Through the seasons Harvey's relationship with Mike has grown so much, the trust is definitely there. I think Harvey saw so much of himself in Mike, hence why he risked or hung his neck out to save him on numerous occasions. Harvey has always been able to read Mike and know what he'd do, now the same can be said about Mike; there's definitely a deeper understanding of each other's characters. Not to the level of how Donna gets Harvey, but just as interesting a bond.

I don't think anyone could ever understanding the character of Harvey better than Donna, and that is what makes her so brilliant. Being able to anticipate not only his needs but his reaction to certain situations. They've done a lot for each other and come along way together. They are definitely my favourite relationship, I'd say.

Things between Harvey and Jessica were tricky this past season and looked irreconcilable after his attempt to take the firm over from her. She's known what he was capable of, but I don't think she thought he'd ever do it in the way that he did. Even though things are somewhat mended, I think she'll remain wary and the same trust or respect will never be there.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Louis did handle matters differently - he told Hardman what Mike and Harvey were talking about, and he was on Hardman's side because Hardman made him senior partner. Louis is a dangerous wildcard, but I don't know if he's willing to do something brash that would hurt the company, given he told Jessica that when he joined the rival firm, he wouldn't try to steal Pearson Hardman's clients. I think Louis can put two and two together and realize Harvey knew, and that Donna knew as well. Louis is done so brilliantly, he's the underdog, but when he delivers, you start to like him. Then something happens that makes you either pity him or not like him anymore. He was an asshole when he was first introduced, but as he proved the kind of boss he is (a great boss despite how hard he is), a hard worker, and how he and Mike got along, I started liking Louis. Then Louis sided with Hardman, and I began to dislike him. I forgot why, but I started liking him again. Louis is such a brilliant character, and he probably represents a large part of normal people - people who work hard but get overlooked.

The trust was broken when Mike told Jessica what happened. Although Mike and Harvey are okay now, I'm not sure if Harvey still entirely trusts Mike. He does trust Mike though, no doubt. Donna told Mike that Harvey saw a lot of his brother in Mike, which is why Harvey is so fond of him. I'm not so sure if Mike and Harvey were alike, given Harvey's dilemma when he was working to become the ADA. If it weren't for Donna and his dad, Harvey might have let the DA get away with burying the evidence. Mike would have tried to prevent that some way regardless of approval, but probably not. I agree, their bonds are interesting and somewhat complex.

Same here. There's so much trust there that I'm shocked Harvey could trust anyone like that, given his character. But Donna and Harvey are so loyal to each other, it's pretty good. Donna understands almost anyone so well, whether Jessica, Louis, or even Mike. She's also probably the only one who understands Harvey as well, except for maybe Scottie and Gabriel's wife (forgot her character name). The wife appeared during Harvey being in trouble and left when Harvey yelled at Mike, I think around when Mike's grandma died? Harvey and Donna's relationship is so complex though, and so great.

I dunno, Jessica did say or imply that she forgave Harvey because Harvey came clean, and that they trust each other now. She also admitted that she played a huge part in pushing Harvey away, and that Harvey showed loyalty by confessing. Jessica may suspect Harvey, but I think she has more confidence and trust given that Harvey stopped his attempt to steal the firm from her.

Donna and Harvey are definitely my favorite characters. Rachel is hot, but a meh character, IMO. Mike is a good character, but he can get annoying sometimes. We all could use a boss like Harvey and Louis, IMO.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found these funny short webisodes on Youtube called "Suits Recruits". My absolute favourite recreates the final moments of season 2 but in spanish:

Last edited by a moderator:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Megan (?) Markle is so hot. :drool

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
WTF, "Black Hawk Down" or "Dark Knight rises" :zomg

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Patrick J. Adams is leaving, and that's on top of Gina Torres having left the previous season or so. the show won't be as fun to watch anymore, especially since I enjoyed watching Mike and Harvey banter. Now, it's just Louis, Harvey, and Donna. :\

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I finished watching all 9 seasons of Suits and I am going to miss this series. However, I must say I liked how they ended things, how they wrapped up all the characters' stories.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't explain what Donna and Harvey did with the can opener.

Reactions: M3J