Character - Tanegashima (Japan's #2) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Tanegashima (Japan's #2)

How is Tanegashima's Generally rated as a Singles Player?

• Overrated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Underrated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Properly Rated

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ok, this is all about Tanegashima. How strong he is? Is he overrated, underrated, or properly rated in POT world and in this Forum.

As we all know. Tanegashima has #2 badge. And we all assumed he was the second best player in Genius 10 during Genius 10 arc (Barring Ryoga ofc)

We all know Byodoin is the strongest.

But others is keeping up or maybe surpassed him already.

Oni have TNK + Demon Kijin which surpassed Tanegashima imo.

Tokugawa's game against Duke showed how strong his Black hole and Asura Righteousness Kijin. Again, I think it surpassed Tanegashima.

The only one we can surely know he can beat is Duke. Because Tanegashima's Trickery can counter Duke's reliance on Power most of the time.

Ofc, He is stronger than Irie's Fake TNK.

----
Now, for pros and cons of his feats

POSITIVE FEATS

He defeated Zeus (Greece Captain)

2. He can nullify most shots even Volk's Whirlpool or Sanada's Double Slash.

3. His Void and Ultimate Void techniques can make the ball or himself invisible. He can manipulate the existence of the ball and existence of himself.

NEGATIVE FEATS

1. He was shown having difficulty returning special serves. As Bismarck aced him twice or thrice in their 1 V 1.

2. Bismarck beats him in their 1 V 1. And Tanegashima have the ADVANTAGE in that format they had. (Tanegashima just need to keep all his service games, while Bismarck needs to keep his service games + breaking Tane's serve once)

3. His Void Shots Can be countered and returned normally if you timed it correctly. Bismarck did it, Ohmagari did it, and even Kintarou did it.

4. His Void Abilities can be countered by Perception. If you have High Perception, you counter all Tanegashima's tricks.

I know there are many else for both positive and negative feats. But you get the point.

If you want to add, please be my guest.

So is Tanegashima Overrated, Underrated, or Properly Rated as a Singles Player?

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think he's properly rated.
A big problem with scaling him is we never see him against a player like Oni with Kijin or Duke so we can't see how much he can tackle them.
But presumably he can still Void Golden Jack Knife or Duke Homerun since power doesn't seem to be a factor with Void.
Ohmagari needed to train specifix moves to stop Void and couldn't stop Ultimate Void, only Kin could and we don't know how.
Heck, Bismarck only beat the technique with Existence boundary which is a howling.
Also while he did lose to the Kick Serves, he only lost to the 2nd because it was different.
I can't imagine that as they were getting sxhooled by UV Tanegashima and Full Concentration Kirihara that Bismarck didn't try those serves again only to have them be returned.

Byoudin's post match dialogue has him ask if Tanegashima is still gunning for the #1 badge whixh implies he thinks he still deserves the #2 over Oni

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A big problem with scaling him is we never see him against a player like Oni with Kijin or Duke so we can't see how much he can tackle them.
But presumably he can still Void Golden Jack Knife or Duke Homerun since power doesn't seem to be a factor with Void.
Ohmagari needed to train specifix moves to stop Void and couldn't stop Ultimate Void, only Kin could and we don't know how.
Heck, Bismarck only beat the technique with Existence boundary which is a howling.
Also while he did lose to the Kick Serves, he only lost to the 2nd because it was different.
I can't imagine that as they were getting sxhooled by UV Tanegashima and Full Concentration Kirihara that Bismarck didn't try those serves again only to have them be returned.

Byoudin's post match dialogue has him ask if Tanegashima is still gunning for the #1 badge whixh implies he thinks he still deserves the #2 over Oni
Yes, Thats the question.

How can he handle Kijin without Kijin himself?

I mean you dont specifically need Kijin to counter Kijin. Germany's Top Players (Volk, QP, maybe Bismarck) literally don't have Kijins. And still, they can fight Kijins in other ways.

Question is what is that other ways that Tanegashima can counter Kijin?

Can his Void work on Kijins like Toku's Black Hole can work om Kijins?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

His feats are confusing too.

For ex.

He beat Zeus. But Konomi stated that is a fluke that can happen once in a 100 times.

So, is it a positive or negative thing?

Well, if we assumed during that time, Zeus can beat every Japan Rep Bar Byodoin, then Tanegashima's feat will be positive. Otherwise, it wouldn't have same effect.

Against Bismarck, he literally lost the 1 V 1.
Tanegashima himself said "I didn't believe I can win against Bismarck"

Until Akaya saved his ass. And developed Ultimate Void. In which case, now he is slightly better than Bismarck? (Who knows if it is a 3 set 1 V 1 match)

Byodoin is #1. I think Toku is #2 now after evolving asura to righteousness.

Tanegashima and Oni is debatable. But Kijin + TNK. I am still leaning on Oni

Duke is distant 5th as always.

Do you guys think Tanegashima can handle Kijin Demon + TNK Oni?