Light Novel - Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

s

Genre:
Isekai, Fantasy
Author:
Aneko Yusagi
Artist: Minami, Seira

Synopsis:
Stories of old tell of four otherworldly heroes—wielding the sword, spear, bow, and shield—who defended the land from wave after wave of calamity. With the fate of the world in balance, the kingdom of Melromarc summons these legendary figures; in modern-day Japan, the call is answered, and the unwitting heroes are transported to this fantasy universe.

Thrust into Melromarc and given the title of "Shield Hero," otaku Naofumi Iwatani is labeled the weakest due to his lack of offensive capability and apparent inexperience. When the heroes part ways to start their journeys, he only has one willing companion: the beautiful princess Malty Melromarc. However, she soon betrays him, steals all his money, and accuses him of taking advantage of her.

For his alleged crimes, Naofumi is branded a criminal and made outcast of society. With hatred filling his heart, he sets out alone, vowing vengeance against those who wronged him.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You got me @Asako. I'm committing to reading this in the near future. What volume should I start with?

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
You got me @Asako. I'm committing to reading this in the near future. What volume should I start with?
I'm glad you are
Right now where the anime is it's LN5 but if you not planning to start reading form the beginning I recommend at least reading the extra chapters in those you won't read.
I do think that it's worth reading form the beginning tho.

*Inviting @Lambu to the thread*

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll probably start from volume 5. Then go back and read the others later maybe.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Its better to just start from the beggining to get a good grasp of Naofumi's character, which is considerably darker than the anime version, and to experience scenes that were better handled in the novel format, but you can start from Volume 5 if you want to continue from where the anime is at.
Another option is to read the manga up to date, then take LN Volume 7 o/

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm now on LN volume 7. Big fan of the return of kung fu granny.

Also, the other heroes really are just scum.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Also, the other heroes really are just scum.
I say naofumi is also at fault for how they acting, he looking down on them too much that it doesn't fix anything more like give them more a reason to act how they are.

Doesn't mean they not at fault (the only hero that I consider a real scum is itsuki )

I'm sad we yet to see any LN pic of kung fu granny, why did elcair have the privilege of being in the cover while not granny :emobirb

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I say naofumi is also at fault for how they acting, he looking down on them too much that it doesn't fix anything more like give them more a reason to act how they are.

Doesn't mean they not at fault (the only hero that I consider a real scum is itsuki )

I'm sad we yet to see any LN pic of kung fu granny, why did elcair have the privilege of being in the cover while not granny :emobirb
I don't know they're really bad Asako. Itsuki is the worst probably but right now Ren is at least as bad. He's acting like a moody 8 year old. Oddly Motoyasa has come out of these volumes looking the least horrible because at least with him it's not that he's a bad person. He's just a complete moron. Poor Naofumi is starting this next voluming searching the landscape for these 3 narcissistic clowns when he's got so much else to do.

By the way I love that they are all parallels for Isekai protagonist subtypes too. Like Ren is basically Kirito. Itsuki is your typical political leaning one like the Otherworld with a Smartphone protag. And Motoyasa is your typical ecchi harem isekai protag.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
@Lambu @Jammin

THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO BE ALIVE BEING A SH FAN

VOLUME 14 RELEASED EARLY

OPB probably was like fuck the official release date, we joining in the hype train

Now time to read volume 13 as they are 1 arc

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Lambu @Jammin

THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO BE ALIVE BEING A SH FAN

VOLUME 14 RELEASED EARLY

OPB probably was like fuck the official release date, we joining in the hype train

Now time to read volume 13 as they are 1 arc
Was thinking about what to pick up after the MG, guess I wont have to anymore :lambirb

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
@Lambu @Jammin
Volume 15 of the novel out

I'm still late considering I'm half way through 14, but man just thinking about what will happen in 15 (yes I got spoiled...more like I asked for spoilers)

...it a good volume for the start of naofumi character development :heh
Won't say what happen in it but this will be one of the most memorable volumes (probably..)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm very far behind Asako. Hopefully I'll pick them back up to go along with Isekai Quartet.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Lambu @Jammin
Volume 15 of the novel out

I'm still late considering I'm half way through 14, but man just thinking about what will happen in 15 (yes I got spoiled...more like I asked for spoilers)

...it a good volume for the start of naofumi character development :heh
Won't say what happen in it but this will be one of the most memorable volumes (probably..)
I also know whats coming... spoiled myself too :lambirb (Spoiler: :emobirb )

I will pick it up when I finish some stuff that Im catching up on.