Shounen - Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

StrikeFlo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: Tegami-bachi

YES THERE IS! PLEASE POST IT!!

I can really only read about half of the dialogue, but I love what I've seen of Tegami Bachi. It's good to see so many people saying they've translated the first ridiculously long/heartwarmingly touching chapter, but it doesn't really help the cause when the translations aren't posted anywhere. :sweat

I'd even be happy to see a WIP and would be willing to help with proofreading/QC... my Japanese isn't outstanding, but I have a great dictionary.:D
well i asked a japanese person a few days ago to check if my translation was alright and the QC should hopefully begins this week end.... (but still this chapter is really long...)

I've begun working on tegami on august but the length of that chapter scares pretty much everyone (along with me) and chapter 2 is fucking long too =_=; (at least it's pretty easy to edit since it's not magazine scans...)

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah... Strike and I have been working really hard on chapter 1. This chapter took me a really long time to scan. Not only that but I remember I ended up scanning it twice due to a HD crash back in June... >.>

ssjohn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

uggggggggggh that sucks -.-

Good luck ;-) and here's hoping after the first volume of hell the rest won't be such a pain ^^

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

YES THERE IS! PLEASE POST IT!!

I can really only read about half of the dialogue, but I love what I've seen of Tegami Bachi. It's good to see so many people saying they've translated the first ridiculously long/heartwarmingly touching chapter, but it doesn't really help the cause when the translations aren't posted anywhere. :sweat

I'd even be happy to see a WIP and would be willing to help with proofreading/QC... my Japanese isn't outstanding, but I have a great dictionary.:D
Maybe I'll post this weekend just so I can get some feedback from people.. it's my first 'big' (and we know ch1 is ridiculously long :sweat ) translation project so I was kind of anxious about it. I'm sure Asakura and StrikeFlo's release will be brilliant (been hoping for someone to scan it since it started in monthly jump! so I'm really happy). anyway.. I'll see how I go with it this weekend ^^ thanks for the enthusiastic response!

Siru

Reaction score
Country
United States

AWesome, thanks for the effort. I got my eyes on this series.

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Maybe I'll post this weekend just so I can get some feedback from people.. it's my first 'big' (and we know ch1 is ridiculously long :sweat ) translation project so I was kind of anxious about it. I'm sure Asakura and StrikeFlo's release will be brilliant (been hoping for someone to scan it since it started in monthly jump! so I'm really happy). anyway.. I'll see how I go with it this weekend ^^ thanks for the enthusiastic response!
thanking you in advance!!:D Like I said, I'd be happy to help out. :amuse

Ganbatte to everyone who's working on this series! It truly deserves to find a wider audience.

niphredil

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

okay I've posted up my translation for the first chapter (in two parts due to the length). if you read it, please let me know your thoughts ^^ thanks!

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

omg thank you thank you so much! I'm still going through them slowly but I just wanted to let you know your hard work is much appreciated. (MAD props for typing out all the kanji.)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Just as info: since a translations come out, are their plans on scans? Because this really interest me

britox

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile

Just as info: since a translations come out, are their plans on scans? Because this really interest me
Yeah. It's sad.

niphredil thanx for the second chapther

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Yeah. It's sad.

niphredil thanx for the second chapther
Yeah I saw it too, let's hope his/her work will be used...

please, let a scanlated version come out soon ;)

pirate-hitman:L

Reaction score
Country
United States

So.. any Edited Mangas yet?
I saw a picture of this five minutes ago and it became a need. I NEED to read this beautiful piece of work!

Last edited:

juniah

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

okay I've posted up my translation for the first chapter
Where is the link for the translation? I'm new here and not sure where to look for it. Thanks for the help!

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

awesome, thanks you guys! this manga seems brilliant!

kirimi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Where is the link for the translation? I'm new here and not sure where to look for it. Thanks for the help!
Chapter 1 is posted in two parts: part 1 and part 2.

The rest that has been translated can be found under the Tegami prefix in the Latest Translations forum. Here's a direct link.

The one-shot that was in Jump a little while ago is here.

niphredil

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 1 is posted in two parts: part 1 and part 2.

The rest that has been translated can be found under the Tegami prefix in the Latest Translations forum. Here's a direct link.

The one-shot that was in Jump a little while ago is here.
sorry I didn't see this earlier, thanks for passing on the info, kirimi ^^ I've changed the prefix on ch1 to Tegami now that it's available too so while they're there it should be easier to find them.

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

What Chapters are covered in volumes 1 and 2? Is it 1-4 and then 5-8 if so does anybody have raws for the chapters in between volume 2 and chapter 11?

niphredil

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

What Chapters are covered in volumes 1 and 2? Is it 1-4 and then 5-8 if so does anybody have raws for the chapters in between volume 2 and chapter 11?
Volume 1 consists of chapters 1 and 2 (because they're beasts and just really long :p ) , and volume 2 is ch3-7. 8-10 have so far only showed up in Monthly Jump before it was cancelled as far as I know, then you have it continuing in Jump Square now with ch11. The only thing I'm not sure about is where the oneshot fits in, if at all, because I haven't read 8-10. I haven't seen any raws for 8-10 around so far. hope this helps ^^

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

It helps a lot... hmm now to try and find chapters 8-10 I had hoped the one shot would be a stop gap between volume 2 and the new stuff but I think I was being ambitious.

I hate searching for stuff online this could be fruitless it may be easier to go to Japan centre buy the last few Monthly jumps aqcuire a scanner and do th deed myself.