Terra Stregada | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Terra Stregada

Lumaria

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
TERRA STREGADA
Plot:
"Terra Stregada" is a popular gothic horror MMORPG played by teens to young adults. It is a renaissance-inspired world plagued with Ghosts, Zombies, and other supernatural undead creatures. Most of the dungeons are not typical dungeons but graves, mansions, castles, and more. All players take the role of an exorcist with a type-class of his/her own. The game has its own backstory on how this world was plagued by the undead.

The story begins with a female young adult named Caprice (her avatar name) who quit originally played the game and quit when the game started to become popular. Caprice has a tendency to quit a lot of games and never feels satisfied or entertained. When the 13th update was said to make the game even more entertaining than ever and expanding its world by half, Caprice decided to give it one more chance. After one night of playing the game, she gets bored and decides to quit again, but right before she was about to log out, the the clock tower of the in-game home town strikes midnight and suddenly everyone in the game is unable to log out.

A mysterious cloaked woman claimed to be the Ghost of Haunted World and cursed all the players into being bound by the game. No player recognized any in-game backstory involving such a claim. The Woman said that in order to escape the game, players must work together and find more about the hidden backstory relating to her all over the game. She warns them that something "terrible" will happen if they die in-game.

Players reach a new level of fear that they've never dealt before..Now Caprice is looking for a way out of the game, but as she plays the game, she becomes actually entertained for the first time in her life.

Concept: I was clearly inspired by dot-hack series (particularly .hack//sign) when i approached this story. There was something about unique about "The World" that really drew me in. particularly the maincharacter Tsukasa. But i'm also very interested in the gothic horror that Castlevania provided. So its something new and fresh.

I'm not trying to be like Sao (raw action, desire fulfillment, harems) or Log Horizon (game aspect explained at every detail, advance tactical game play.) but this is more like a world of it's own. Will have "enough" to make it feel like an MMO but it's more to share how unique the MMO is and how it does the genre different (which I assure, it will have a few key differences from the current recent anime relating to MMOs)

Lumaria

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
CHAPTER I (part 1)
SCENE:
A large Gothic castle surrounded by stormy weather. Two individuals are walking down a hallway. One is a male Knight wearing light, pale, silver armor. He has white eyes, and silver hair. The other is a Black haired woman with blue eyes, wearing a white and grey cleric uniform with the same crest. The Hallway that they are walking in shows windows on their left with a series of stone statues. The statues resemble a woman and are aligned in a way where it resembles stages of a transformation into a grotesque beast.

ACTION:
The statues become alive and attack the two. The Silver Knight wields a large two-handed sword while the Cleric summons her staff. The Knight runs toward two statues, dragging his sword and slashes both at once. numbers flash for an instant and the two statues let out a scream before crumbling into pieces. The Cleric used her staff to summon a bright light and shine it on the remaining statues. The statues let out a short scream and turned to ashes. The two continue to walk.

DIALOGUE:
Silver Knight: Do you need an ether?

Cleric: No. They weren't that hard.

Silver Knight: Good, this'll be a cakewalk.

Cleric: Don't jinx it.

ACTION:
The two continue to walk until they reach a large decorated door.

DIALOGUE:
Silver Knight: Here it is. Are you ready?

Cleric: Of course.

ACTION:
The two open the large door and see someone standing in front of a large golden statue of a woman. She is wearing black armor with dragon-like features. She has lavender hair with one blue eye and one gold eye. She wields two mismatched swords and wears a strange joker mask.

DIALOGUE:
Silver Knight: Whoa, how did someone get passed us?

Cleric: I don't know. You there. How long were you here?

Woman: ...

ACTION:
The gold statue starts to rise from the ground, revealing that the form of a grotesque monster. The Silver Knight and Cleric summon their weapons. The Woman summons two mismatched swords. Cleric shoots fireballs at the monster part with numbers ranging from 10-30 flashing. The Silver Knight drags his sword and hits it at the same spot but also flashes within 05-15.

DIALOGUE:
Cleric: What the-? Our attacks aren't working!

Silver Knight: Let me try something else.

ACTION:
The Knight runs toward the monster again drags his blade but this time it starts to glow. The woman outruns the Knight and lunges toward the statue monster and with both swords, stabs the female part. The both the human half and the monster half begin to scream loudly and then crumble away. Giant letters flash in thin air saying "Exorcism Complete"

DIALOGUE:
Cleric: She must've cleared out the stronger enemies and we just faced the weaker ones...

Silver Knight: Damn...

ACTION:
A large chest appears in front of the Woman. She looks at it, and walks away.

DIALOGUE:
Silver Knight: Hey! Didn't you want your reward?

Woman: ...

Silver Knight: Whats your name?

Woman: ....Caprice

Cleric: My name is Sarah-Light. His name is Weiss. We're in the Silver Saints Guild.

Caprice: Sounds familiar...

Weiss: You're welcome to join us. We are the top Guild in the game.

Caprice: Not interested.

Sarah-Light: Are we too weak for you?

Caprice: Not at all. I just prefer a challenge.

Sarah-Light: Suit yourself.

ACTION:
She teleports somewhere else. Sarah-Light and Weiss are left alone.

DIALOGUE:
Sarah-Light: She seemed interesting.

Weiss: Yeah, too bad we didn't get to know more about her.

Sarah-Light: You think she could've been a valuable member?

Weiss: Well no point thinking about it now. Lets just claim the reward.

SCENE:
a large Gothic town. The windows are plastered with orange, yellow, green, and purple lights. The lanterns are bent and fantasy-like. A large fountain in the middle with a statue of a woman. Large groups of people in gothic-fantasy clothing. Two in particular are really interested one of them is a female who appears to be a tamer. Wearing high heel toeless boots with dark nailpolosh on both hands and feet. She has crimson red eyes and green hair that turns slightly teal at the ends of the tip. Her clothes comprice of light and dark green argyle diamond pattern. And she carries a whip on right side of her hip and holsters a pistol on her left. The second is a male Archivist. He wears scholar like robes and a bag filled with books. Has dark blue hair and orange eyes.

ACTION:
Caprice is seen sitting on the edge of a stall. Selling some unique looking weapons. People are gathering around her stall.

Tamer: whoah! Look at the stats of this whip!

Archivist: you're right. Its extremely rare too.

Caprice: you want it? I'll sell it to you for 200G

Tamer: that's a steal! Why so generous?

Caprice: I decided to quit the game.

Archivist: quit!? How can you quit? Terra Stregada is one of the most unique MMORPGs out there.

Caprice: doesn't stop me from getting bored.

Tamer: when do you leave?

Caprice: probably in a couple days...I still have a ton to sell.

ACTION:
Both the tamer and archivist look at each other in disappointment.

DIALOGUE:
Tamer: since you are quitting how about joining us on a quest?

Caprice: I think I'll pass on it.

Archivist: please consider it. We want your last few times to be enjoyable. Is there a quest you we're never able to beat?

Caprice's thoughts: why are they interested? I suppose i can humor them.

Caprice: There probably is one in particular.

Archivist: name it! I'm sure we can beat it.

Caprice: Grave of the Crimson Knights.

Archivist: ...That quest just recently came out last week. No one has beaten it yet.

Caprice: Thats right...

ACTION:
everyone remains quiet with a couple people leaving from her stand. The only one who remains is the tamer, archivist, and caprice.

DIALOGUE:
Tamer: OK. Sounds good. Well meet you here tomorrow?

Archivist: M-Morrigan...

Morrigan: We're up for it, right Allister?

Allister: Right!

Caprice: Alright, I guess we'll begin tomorrow. Let me add you two into my acquaintance list.

Allister: S-sounds good.

ACTION:
Caprice walks away from her stand and both her and her stand disappear in a pillar of light.

DIALOGUE:
Morrigan: She logged out.

Allister: Weren't you a little hasty accepting? That new quest is dangerous!

Morrigan: how bad could it be?

Allister: Its a penalty type dungeon. If we die in these dungeons it's possible to lose our entire inventory. Thats why no one has been wanting to risk it.

Morrigan: we'be been playing for about a year and we haven't lost a dungeon recently. I'm sure we can handle it.

Allister: that's what I thought when I checked it out but the enemies are above our max level. Its highly recommended to use tactical play as much as quality weapons armor and tonics.

Morrigan: Well we can't back down now. We have to make this work. She gave us a good deal for no reason.

Allister: I thought it's because you can't help seeing someone leave this game empty-handed.

Morrigan: But this girl...she seemed familiar. Like I've seen her before.

Allister: ...

Morrigan: remember the money we we're saving for a guild hall?

Allister: I knew you we're going to bring that up. Fine, there's no point in a guild hall anymore, our last friends quit too.

Morrigan: let's use the money and split it. I buy the armor and you buy the tonics and potions.

Allister: alright, but make sure you get me some good books. We can't afford to lose anymore out of this.

Morrigan: Yes sir!

ACTION:
Two pillar of lights appears above them and they disappear.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
I see, it's more of an outline or a script then?

Lumaria

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I see, it's more of an outline or a script then?
An outline I suppose.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I originally wanted to end it much later, but it's starting to get a little long. But I might add titles to the chapters so it is easier for me to split up.

I censored some of it. And now that I did, I'm concerned that some of it was key elements to the MC's personality. But I'll just worry about it when it comes up. If you want uncensored, then you can read the uncensored part, it's in manga mavericks.

CHAPTER I part 2,
SCENE:
A young woman is seen sitting in a room that is a complete mess. The young woman is wearing a oversized t-shirt and underwear and a head device similar to oculus rift with one arm covered in tattoos. Her hair is also a mess and has baggy eyes. The room is filled with Rubik's cubes and other forms of puzzles including drafts of puzzle designs.

ACTION: The young woman takes off the device and covers her face with her hand. A smartphone alerts her of an incoming call and she answers it. And starts to play with a 13 by 13 Rubik's cube as she speaks, putting it in various patterns and solving it repeatedly.

DIALOGUE:
Young woman: Hello? ...oh....yes...I just finished solving the puzzle, I'll give you my review. It will need a few adjustments in order to be more engaging. Yes...I understand...I already drafted the latest Design for the next one...i see...by the way, what did you think of my music box puzzle? I see....let me know if it's too difficult....OK...goodbye...

ACTION:
The Young woman hangs up the phone. And walks out of her room.

SCENE:
A living room, kitchen and stairway, all far cleaner then the previous room. Another person is there making dinner. He appears to be similar age as the young woman but dressed normally. Has short spiky hair and wears glasses. Appears to be the serious type.

ACTION:
The young woman walks down from her stairway in a sluggish fashion and reaches the kitchen where she sits on a dining chair. The man notices her.

DIALOGUE:
Man: Oh so you finally stopped looking at screens?

Young Woman: ...yes...how was you day?

Young man: The same people complain about their steak not being rare enough. Idiots don't know there are health regulations I have to work by. I can't just give them raw food.

Young Woman: I guess that's why you're the head chef.

ACTION:
The man serves her salmon and a side of rice and reaches for a kiss. She pulls out her phone and begins to play a smartphone game.

Young Man: Seriously...Raven, I get most of your job involves playing these games and making them, but we're eating. We hardly have time for each other.

Young Woman: ....

ACTION:
She looks at him and puts it away. The two begin to eat as they speak to each other.

DIALOGUE:
Raven: you're right. Sorry.

Young man: you know I noticed those bags under your eyes, the puffiness is due to the lack of sleep and the black rings is due to the lack of iron. You haven't been sleeping or eating efficiently at all.

Raven: I just get so worked up over work, Adam.

Adam: well I worry about you.

Raven: ...

Adam: so what did you do today?

Raven: I am working on a new puzzle. and took a break by playing some mmorpgs.

Adam: oh...

ACTION:
Adam looks at her slightly irritated. She notices and looks away. He sighs.

DIALOGUE:
Adam: Do you have any friends in these MMOs?

Raven: none. I always play alone.

Adam: I see...

Raven: Well... actually, I did meet a couple of people today who were determined to spend time with me. They wanted to meet me tomorrow for a new quest.

Adam: do you plan on keeping your word?

Raven: not really. I just said that so I can leave. I planned on quitting terra stregada anyways.

Adam: You were playing TG?

Raven: Y-yes? You play?

Adam: no but a coworker does. Interesting concept. An mmo designed around horror. i heard its a cult hit. Did these people treat you nice?.

Raven: yes.

Adam: well since you're quitting anyways you might as well keep your promise. am I right?

Raven: I guess you're right. It won't hurt me at all to follow through.

Adam: good. Aren't you forgetting something?

Raven: ...I'm not sure what you're talking about.

ACTION:
Raven thinks hard as she gets a bite to eat and Adam looks slightly angry. Her eyes widen slightly and bows a bit.

DIALOGUE:
Raven: dinner was amazing...as always..thank you.

Adam: thank you. Want to head to my bed after dinner?

Raven: Yes.

SCENE:
a different bedroom that is cleaner with a queen size bed. The two are in the bed with shears covering them.

ACTION:
both breathe heavily and appears to not be wearing any top clothing underneathe their sheets. Raven starts to get out of bed and put on her clothes. Adam has a tired expression on his face. She looks at him as she finishes.

DIALOGUE:
Raven: I'm going to my bedroom now. Is that OK?

Adam: you don't have to ask me every time...at least we're a couple where it counts, right?

Raven: I know I'm not normal. But I want to be normal. Maybe I should stay.

Adam: the last time we tried actually sleeping together you had a panic attack and you kept saying you we're breathing too much air...I don't want to risk it. Its fine. honestly, it's not like we're married.

ACTION:
Ravens looks away and remains still for a significant amount of time.

DIALOGUE:
Raven: I'll see you tomorrow.

ACTION:
Raven walks away and leaves the room. slowly closing the door with Adam seeing her off.

SCENE:
Raven's messy room. Much brighter than before.

ACTION:
Raven wakes up and walks toward Adams room.

DIALOGUE:
Raven's thoughts: I'll see if I can make it up to him.

ACTION:
When she walks in, she sees a note. A close up of it saying "I will always love you" Raven looks at it and just drops it and sighs.

DIALOGUE:
Raven's thoughts: 4 years, 3 months. Thats got to be like a record for longest time in a relationship without getting married..right?

ACTION:
Tiny drops of water fall on the note. Another shot but just shows Raven standing in the room.

DIALOGUE:
Raven: I'm so sorry Adam...

SCENE:
Inside the Terra Stregada game. Allister and Morrigan are waiting in town square.

Morrigan: Where could she be?

Allister: I think we got ditched.

Morrigan: be more optimistic, she said she would come.

Allister: she could've said that just so we would leave her alone. Not the first time we've been lied to.

Morrigan: we spent all our money for this quest. Its not like we can give up now. Even if she doesn't come we can save what we used for another time.

ACTION:
A beam of light transports Caprice into the game. Morrigan and Allister see her. She doesn't look happy.

DIALOGUE:
Morrigan: Hey! You came!

Caprice: I did...

Allister: Are you OK?

Caprice: I'll be fine...this is my last mission quest before I leave.

Morrigan: well I'm happy you get to spend it with us. We almost though you wouldn't make it.

ACTION:
Morrigan pulls out a paper fuelled with circles, lines, and Xs.

DIALOGUE:
Morrigan: so I scouted the grave of the crimson knights. Its in the land of memorial. I was only able to go in at the first two floors. They are filled with zombie knights all wearing garnet armor. all level 90.

Caprice:....

Allister: good job, zombies are weakened to fire and lightning. But any traps?

Morrigan: yes, avoid floors in a tile pattern and just stick with the brick pattern. if you fall for it, level 110 zombies appear for every second you are in the area. For the second floor, both Tile floors and decorated hallways bring out 110 enemies.

Caprice: interesting. (Thoughts: they are So into it. I checked it out myself, it's virtually impossible when you hit the 3rd floor, but they seem to make it look possible...almost makes me forget of the real world).

Allister: I made sure I found my best books. I have only 3 books that can absorb a level 110 monster. These are super rare books and need to be won through events. Who would've thought I was going to use them here...

Morrigan: By the way, what's can you tell us about your fighting style?

Caprice: I'm a level 60 Harlequin.

Allister: Harlequin? That class is dependent on a randomized on each state, you have access to all class weapons can't wield the master level ones. And your stats and hits get randomized too. Why did you pick such an odd class?

Caprice: it suits me.

Morrigan: Are you a leader? freelancer? Beserker? Supporter.

Caprice: I'm a beserker type. I'm sorry if that's inconvenient for you.

Morrigan: Thats OK actually. Me and Allister are support types. My tamer class is usually designed to slowing down enemies and Allister archivist class allows him to summon monsters he previously archived monsters to aide us.

Allister: i also have three bags worth of tonics and ethers. This might not be so impossible after all.

Caprice's thoughts: don't bet on it.

Morrigan: Caprice, you can go ahead of us and just do what you like. Well support you. Ill be more offensive support while Allister uses his books to defend you.

Caprice: sounds good.

Allister: also, let's try to not use or limit breaks until the 3rd floor. I have a feeling once we reach there, things will really get tough.

Caprice: OK...let's just head out now. No point in waiting here.

Allister: right.

Caprice's thoughts: The sooner I get this over with, the sooner I can leave and be done with this.

ACTION:
Pillars of light shines over them and they disappear.

SCENE:
A vast field completely filled with tombstones,mausoleums, and other graveyard decorations. The sky has a large moon lighting the entire area.

ACTION:
THE three arrive and begin to walk in the pathway.

DIALOGUE:
Morrigan: its just a few miles away. Since we're going to work together, I thought we'd all get to know each other.

Caprice: what's to know? I played terra stregada and now I don't.

Allister: mind if I ask how old you are?

Caprice: I'm 28

Allister's thoughts: whoah, she's older.

Morrigan: I'm 24. Allister is 20.

Allister: ...

Caprice: mind if I ask you something?

ACTION:
Caprice stops walking and the two turn back and noticed.

DIALOGUE:
Caprice: why are you doing this? You don't have to go on this impossible quest with me.

Morrigan: I know...but Terra Stregada just slowly losing players. The game isn't the problem. Its the fans.too scared to go on the impossible quests. Too scared to risk it all. But you...you are not like them, and yet you are quitting. I guess you just peaked my curiosity on what kind of player you are.

Caprice: ...

Allister: we we're once I a guild dedicated to changing peoples mind on the game and keeping them in. Eventually we lost so many members we had to disband. We are planning on making a comeback though.

Morrigan: may take a while. We spent all our gold on this quest. So we better make this worth it.

Caprice: I see...you two are something I haven't seen in a long time.

Morrigan: is that a compliment?

Caprice: let's go.

ACTION:
The three arrive to a large mausoleum with a bright red shield and sword decoration over it.

DIALOGUE:
Morrigan: alright! Lets go in. Are you ready!?

Caprice: yep...

Allister: as I'll ever be.

ACTION:
The three walk into the Mausoleum. Sarah-light and Weiss from a distance are walking by and notice the three.

DIALOGUE:
Weiss: was that...?

Sarah-light: she was the one who helped us out.

Weiss: she went into the grave of the crimson knights with two others? Guess she's in a guild.

Sarah-light: we should head to town square and speak woth an administrator. I haven't been able to log out or report bugs.

Weiss: same here. I'm sure they'll be able to fix it.