Match - Tezuka+ Fuji vs Sanada+ Renji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Tezuka+ Fuji vs Sanada+ Renji

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Who would win? I don't know how to add a poll here, or maybe I can't since I'm a new member.

I actually keen on saying 'Yukimura+ Sanada', but that'll make the result way too clear, I don't thinnk Seishun would stand a chance that way, so it's renji.

As for my opinion, I think Sanada + Renji win 7-6, perhap? Fuji gained 3 new counter since he beat Kirihara, even through Kirihara gained devil mode, I still think Fuji is stronger, but not that much stronger, and Kirihara is crushed by Renji totally.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You can add a poll by using the Thread Tools in the upper bar.

To answer the question, I also think Sanada and Renji would win. I believe Sanada and Tezuka are about equal as well as Fuji and Renji.

The problem I see here is that Tezuka cannot use some of his techniques in Doubles (or at least much less effective), also I don't think he ever played Doubles during those 3 years.

javimgol

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I simply consider the First Pair unstoppable
For me, (just an opinion)Tezuka-Sanada-Fuji>Renji

I overstimate Fuji or here he is understimated, who knows. But I consider him a character than can win VS everyone except Yuki or Super Saiyan Ryoma. Why? He evolves in very match. VS Sanada or Tezuka, he would get another counter if the other 6 aren´t enough (I argued in other threads that for me Hoshi Hanabi would destroy TPhatom and TZone) or sth like that to win the match.

Considering that Sanada and Tezuka have the same level, I see no way that Renji could beat Sanada (he was stopped in Ka), Tezuka (TPhantom+ZSServe seems to much) and Fuji (Data Tennis doesn´t affect prodigies)

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I seem to always be the one who disagrees with almost everything that has already been said, so this is of course no exception.

I do not believe Tezuka and Sanada are equals and I see nothing that suggests they are. Tezuka was utterly outplayed in his match with Sanada and I think it is bias to say any different. However, this isn't something I haven't said before.

Sanada > Tezuka

I also said I think Renji is better than Fuji. Reason being Fuji was ALWAYS at Kirihara's level. Fuji increases, Kirihara increases. Obviously because Konomi is trying to express both are the prodigy type. Fuji currently is not better than Kirihara in my opinion. If he is, it is so slight that it would just be Kantou all over again. So if present Fuji = present Kirihara, Fuji would get destroyed by Renji. Flat out destroyed.

Of course I'm talking about what we know about the manga thus far, not taking Konomi bias into consideration.

Renji >> Fuji
Sanada > Tezuka

The winner is obvious.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I actually disagree with 'Sanada is better than Tezuka'.

It's true he won the match, but we shouldn't view the result as everything.

Like I said before, Tezuka got his right arm that he can play with. You may argue that Sanada can do the same, but I don't remember the proof that he can do so, and it's his leg that's injured, not his am.

To add to that, Tezuka is drawing out the match, as stated many times by his peer, and I think that's the reason he lost. The 'drawing out' may not matter, but it sure matter here.
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/352/13/

He won 5 games with combination of Tezuka Phantom+ Zero Shikai Serve before. Then he draged got drag out of the game with the 'forest'. He showed the ability to hit Zero Serve 2 games of lonnnnggggggggggg draging since he have to use Tezuka Phantom every times he hit the ball because he don't know when Sanada will use Rai. The rally here should be very long, and the effect to Tezuka's arm should be immense. Sanada legs was done with one rai more move. His other move is not mention to affect Tezuka legs,which show that he shouldn't be able to use the move that return Zero serve more than once. I believe that the damage that Tezuka's arm get after long drag that Sanada shouldn't be more than 5 Zero Serve which should end the game since he can only ue his ultimate move to return once.

Of course, there's no meter to measure the damage, so you can't really be sure of the result of the match at all.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sanada is better than Tezuka.
They are about equal skill-wise, but Sanada is just more fitted for a long term match, and his legs are going to give out after Tezuka's arm 100% of the time. He had been using Rai for a lot longer than Tezuka had been using phantom, and they got injured pretty much around the same time. Tezuka didn't win a single game after Sanada began stalling, so if they played again from the beginning, Sanada would win 4-5 games until Tezuka was too hurt to continue the match.

Renji vs Fuji?

Fuji evolves. A lot. Renji lost to Batman-Inui, but I think that he can handle Fuji. More importantly, in a doubles match, Fuji's evolution isn't as significant. He has actually lost doubles matches before without evolving at all.

So, Renji-Sanada for sure.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I'll throw my vote in for Sanada and Renji as well. For a lot of the points already mentioned and because they are already a tried and tested pair. If you look at former Rikkai lineups (though the matches were never seen), Sanada and Renji have played doubles together multiple times. There is no evidence that I can find of Tezuka and Fuji playing doubles with one another.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sanada + Renji as well. Its pointless talking about this individually since this is doubles -(remember Momo + Echizen XD) - Fuji is a bit of a weird guy, its rather difficult to rank him. Mentally, he is way better. The only problem for me is its a bit difficult for me to imagine Renji returning Fuji's 5th counter.

Having said all this, Sanada Renji wins anyway. They're just better than the other two.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada + Renji.

Fuji sucks at doubles imo, he loses at doubles in matches where he would obliterate the opponent in singles.

Sanada....Tezuka? I'm not walking down that stairway to hell lol.

But lets think.....how would the playstyles match up.....Saiki is out for tezuka, and can Sanada really bounce around the court with another player there? Rofl.

I also said I think Renji is better than Fuji. Reason being Fuji was ALWAYS at Kirihara's level. Fuji increases, Kirihara increases. Obviously because Konomi is trying to express both are the prodigy type. Fuji currently is not better than Kirihara in my opinion. If he is, it is so slight that it would just be Kantou all over again. So if present Fuji = present Kirihara, Fuji would get destroyed by Renji. Flat out destroyed.

Of course I'm talking about what we know about the manga thus far, not taking Konomi bias into consideration.
Lol wut? Fuji is not on the same level as Kirihara. Fuji is being said to be better than Tezuka, sai says its mentioned in extra panels in Shin PoT so it's not something mentioned and tossed away.

And how the hell can you not take Konomi's "bias" into consideration? His manga his rules. In this situation he is GOD. If he hated Sanada enough he can have everyone in the loser bracket beat him 6-0 and it would be unarguable canon...canon>>>>>Fanon

Last edited:

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
S

Lol wut? Fuji is not on the same level as Kirihara. Fuji is being said to be better than Tezuka, sai says its mentioned in extra panels in Shin PoT so it's not something mentioned and tossed away.

And how the hell can you not take Konomi's "bias" into consideration? His manga his rules. In this situation he is GOD. If he hated Sanada enough he can have everyone in the loser bracket beat him 6-0 and it would be unarguable canon...canon>>>>>Fanon
Fuji is said to be better than gimp Kantou Tezuka, yes. Fuji would get destroyed by present Tezuka. Also, Kirihara was technically better than Fuji in Kantou. I've said many times, Fuji says so himself after his match.

You can't take Konomi into consideration because he is too unpredictable. He changes his mind too often. It is clearly expressed in this manga and I knew it from the beginning. I go by what is ALREADY established. I do not make predictions based on how Konomi will twist the series next. That isn't something you can base your predictions upon.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Fuji is said to be better than gimp Kantou Tezuka, yes. Fuji would get destroyed by present Tezuka. Also, Kirihara was technically better than Fuji in Kantou. I've said many times, Fuji says so himself after his match.

You can't take Konomi into consideration because he is too unpredictable. He changes his mind too often. It is clearly expressed in this manga and I knew it from the beginning. I go by what is ALREADY established. I do not make predictions based on how Konomi will twist the series next. That isn't something you can base your predictions upon.
I don't know much about Kantou, Inui beat Renji there and was pretty much beat by Kirihara in the National final. I don't really know if we can take the 'I would have lost' and '50% winning chance into account'. But meh, 50% is accurate so far in the series. He faced Renji twice, win once and lose once.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
because he is too unpredictable
I definitely can agree with this. But i assume when Ryuzaki and yuuta and the others jump on the Fuji>Tezuka bandwagon that they are referring to the current Tezuka...which makes no sense so idk anymore.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given that Tezuka is horrible at doubles and Fuji is only serviceable, I think Sanada and Renji would definitely beat them. It's really as simple as that.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you know Tezuka is horrible at doubles? He probably is but i don't remember that being stated.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you know Tezuka is horrible at doubles? He probably is but i don't remember that being stated.
I thought it was mentioned way back in the day as a similarity between Ryoma and Tezuka, but I'm not sure.

Even if he isn't actually horrible in it, Tezuka Zone, Phantom and Saiki all don't work in doubles, so he'd be pretty gimped.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought it was mentioned way back in the day as a similarity between Ryoma and Tezuka, but I'm not sure.

Even if he isn't actually horrible in it, Tezuka Zone, Phantom and Saiki all don't work in doubles, so he'd be pretty gimped.
Yeah Sanada/Renji take this easily 6-1 unless Konomi decides to make stuff up. It'd be an easy win for Sanada and Renji as I see them as far better doubles players then Fuji or Tezuka. However, Konomi can decide whatever he wants. If he wanted Sanada would lose to Horio.

On the topic of can Renji beat Fuji as of right now, I really don't think he can (I think Fuji is above Renji). Also, Renji is all about data and Fuji is all about hiding his data. Fuji is his natural enemy. Renji has too many factors against him in this match for him to win.

On Tezuka and Sanada, based on current info Sanada is better. Based on what I think will happen Tezuka is the stronger of the two currently.

Math wise its a good match up as Sanada/Tezuka and Fuji/Renji are close but team work matters in doubles and I don't see Tezuka/Fuji having much of that.

jelome1989

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'll go for Tezuka/Fuji. But it'll be pretty close

Personally because I have trust in Tezuka's Hyakuren (if he managed to move the aura at will like Echizen).

Tezuka / Fuji:
Tezuka will just keep spamming Hyakuren, forcing Sanada to overuse Rai until he tires himself (even with the lead they lose), or Tezuka targets Renji all the time, if Renji can't return Hyakuren then Tezuka / Fuji will score every time Tezuka receives the ball

Sanada / Renji:
Sanada will only use Rai when it is really needed and they both will attack Fuji all the time, preventing Tezuka's Hyakuren to come into play, or just use soft shots to nullify Hyakuren that will result to a hitting match and will be a very close one.

5-4 Tezuka to Serve
Zero Shiki Serve GG

Last edited:

BenLubre

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
_ Fuji is better than Renji.
- And Tezuka better than Sanada.
- Fuji and Sanada in the same level, except that Sanada has more Strength and Speed.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
This thread age poorly lol. The pair seem more even back when I made this thread, before Tezuka seem to get a big boost tierwise.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yeah ironically enough the Yukimura+Sanada pair you were avoiding would make this matchup a whole lot interesting haha