Thank you, Bakuman. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Thank you, Bakuman.

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well, Bakuman's ending. I mean, I don't think there's anyone debating it at this point, right? It's either next week or the one after that. MAYBE one more after, at a push. Or maybe there is a debate that it might last another volume? I don't know, but it's all the same. We all know that it's pretty much over.

So I don't know. I just wanted to make a thread about the importance of the series because I personally feel that it's really important to me. I think Bakuman had a really slow phase that made a lot of the less interested readers stop reading, so maybe the people who are still here are supposedly "true" fans. If you'd like, I want you all to share your experience with the series and how you feel about it.

August 2008 is when it came out, almost four years ago now. I was fourteen back then, the same age as Mashiro and Takagi. The age on this profile is obviously inaccurate, because back when I made the account I rushed and didn't intend to post anything, but I digress. Anyway, back then I didn't know anything about manga. I mean, I knew I wanted to draw manga, but I didn't know much more than that. I also knew I really liked manga like Naruto, but that was about it. As with everyone else, I thought Death Note was amazing, so I was really excited when I found out there was a new series by them. My friend told me to read it, so I read the first chapter without knowing what it was going to be about. It was beautiful.
And it stayed beautiful. It taught me all these nice things about all these pretty pens and panels and names and editors and Jump. It's been my favorite manga for the last four years. It made me really want to try to draw real manga, but I never bothered with the supplies. I looked for them online a few times, but I never went as far as buying any. I just kept drawing pictures in pencil, and later digital pictures, but not manga.

I won't go through everything that happened since then, of course, but it lead to the fact that yesterday, my manga ink and pen nibs arrived. A real G-pen nib. I'm seventeen and after four years of reading Bakuman, I'm finally holding and using one. For those of you that still haven't experienced it -- it's as hard to use as Mashiro makes it out to be. I've tried a few things, but I can't get the lines I want at all. I'm hoping I will in the future, but I wanted to share this: One of the very first things I inked with it, (it's the first proper drawing, really)

It's Detective Trap from Ashirogi's manga, and I wanted it to be the first thing I draw with the G-pen. Maybe because I wanted to thank Bakuman, I don't know.
I'm not going to show a clearer scanned picture of the drawing because this isn't about the actual picture, which is of course still amateurish since I'm only starting out. This is about the whole experience. The G-pen on the side, the ink, the character itself. Everything is there because of Bakuman, and it's all really important to me, and I don't know. I figured there should be people here that care about Bakuman enough to understand what I mean.

So does anyone else agree? Anyone else thinks Bakuman was a really important series to them? Anyone else would call Bakuman their favorite series? I'm assuming a lot of you would, so just share what you feel about everything the series was and anything you feel is relevant.

perroloco

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Please register to see the content of this post.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

shouryuujo

Reaction score
Country
United States