Info - The “Looking For” Manhwa and Manhua Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info The “Looking For” Manhwa and Manhua Thread

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you looking for a new manhwa to read? Are you looking for some recommendations about a specific type of manhwa genre? You forgot the name of a series, or the name of a character, or the page in which a certain event of a manhwa took place? Or are you wondering where you can find/buy a certain manhwa? If your answer to any of the previous questions is yes, then this is the place for you!

This a thread for any and every “looking for” topic that is manhwa-related, so please feel free to post all of your queries in here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Succubus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Genosha
Re: Searching for a Manwha, I think...

chunchu? not sure... I don't remember xD

EvilSniffles

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

nope it's not chunchu, but the art work for that looks interesting and something I'll prob. want to read. Oh, just read the synopsis for that chunchu, I was reading that before, but lost track of it.

I forgot to mention a reason why I think it is manwha and not a manga is the use of coloring and the way the comic is drawn, I don't see of any japanese mangaka, drawing like that.

Last edited:

Succubus

Reaction score
Country
Genosha

oh ok.. anyways I think you mean manhua, it always with full color

EvilSniffles

Reaction score
Country
United States

See, that's the thing, it wasn't in full color, if the first few pages where in color only certain scenes were in color or/and certain items where in color. a few pages down if there was a awesome fight scene with a move being done, only the explosion from the fight would be in color or the person area around the person attacking would be in color. The artist, used color for emphasis and to make the stuff look better.

Digitalr

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Ares?

EvilSniffles

Reaction score
Country
United States

nope not ares. The art work is more defined and sharper yet free flowing (open) versus ares.

I also tried a whois on the domain and was unable to get a direct contact info for the owner, hopefully I can get the info from the registar of the website. I am sure a lot of you will like it if I can find the manga/manhwa.

ok I looked up what a manhua is, and on wikipedia I saw a image of the coloring that is kinda what I am looking for but the manhua it is shown for is not it. here is the link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:TinHamanhua.jpg

the colors blend well into each other but stand apart from them selves.

Oh crap it might be it, after I went to look at what Fung Wan was one of the characters has the look of the evil-ish kid but more grown up. I'll have to look into it some more.

In 1998, the series was adapted into a film entitled The Storm Riders.[1] It also spawned an MMORPG titled Fung Wan Online. An upcoming animated feature film titled Storm Rider Clash of the Evils is currently in production by Puzzle Animation Studio Limited for release in the first quarter of 2008. A 5 minute animated short was released. It had no voice acting at all and it consisted of a duel between Wind and Cloud vs. Duen Long after his absorbing of Dragon Pills.

In 1998, the series was adapted into a film entitled The Storm Riders.[1] It also spawned an MMORPG titled Fung Wan Online. An upcoming animated feature film titled Storm Rider Clash of the Evils is currently in production by Puzzle Animation Studio Limited for release in the first quarter of 2008. A 5 minute animated short was released. It had no voice acting at all and it consisted of a duel between Wind and Cloud vs. Duen Long after his absorbing of Dragon Pills.
The manhua is called The Storm Riders, or something akin to that.
I'll have to see what I can find, hopefully I can find it to be 100% sure, but it looks to be it, but the plot doesn't match the plot I was reading.

Oh man thanks guts, I am glad I read up on what you mentioned. It helped me find the manhua: The Storm Riders. If anyone likes great use of color for manga/manhwa/manhua I think The Storm Riders are perfect.

Last edited:

malloween

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Help

I would like to ask where to download some raws for manhwa type mangas. i dont have any friends here so i posted a thread.. sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

esh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Where can i find raws that are not found in this site? Like Onihime and Freezing..

You could try jcafe.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Where can i find raws that are not found in this site? Like Onihime and Freezing..

try Raw Manga Forum. They have a huge selection and you don't need to post comments to download. There are to many blogs/livejournals/sites to name that have raw manga. Google a title, a good query can dig up a surprising number of sites.

Hellraiser

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Looking for specific Manga serie

Hello there

I'm looking for/want to know more about , this Manga serie , is called Raten Birth (螺天 - Birth) is chinese , made by the artist Yamaguchi Masakazu , is a prequel of his serie Birth (Arm of Kannon) , I've only found scans of the vol. 1 ,2 and 3 , there are 6 , want to find the others

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

I'm looking for scanlated Manhwa/Webtoons to read, preferably colored. I already read Tower of God, Dr. Frost, Thesis, Girls Gone Wild, Wake Up Deadman, Dreamland and plan to read Noblesse. Any other suggestion for me?

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi,

I'm looking for scanlated Manhwa/Webtoons to read, preferably colored. I already read Tower of God, Dr. Frost, Thesis, Girls Gone Wild, Wake Up Deadman, Dreamland and plan to read Noblesse. Any other suggestion for me?
well as webtoons(coloured) go the most complete that 1 i think u can go for kubera and magician. later starts a little askew in art at the start but picks up nicely. i also know they started Fantasy World Survival,Supernatural Investigation Department,Wonted.

as for manwha(uncoloured), shin angyo onshi, the breaker, ares,king of hell these r finished, for still continuing 1s the breaker:new waves, witch hunter,Id, legend of maian r good.

based on what u read these shoıld do nicely.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,

It depends if you only search for action or if you don't mind other genre.

Edit: and Dreamland is not a manhwa :-)

shinsengumi

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
i started city of the dead sorcerer ,its promising ,you should take a look

other0372

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Need help finding this manhua please!

Hello people:) Nice meeting you all! I'm here on behalf of about a hundred people searching for this one. Nobody seems to remember the title or artist of this manhua,and after days of searching, decided this is neither Japanese nor Korean. We only have the detailed plot, and it's like this:

It's a historical romance fantasy with adventures. The story's set in what seems like Tang Dynasty or at least people wear what resembles old dynasties' costumes. The heroine is a cheeky princess and she's got a personal guard who will later marry the princess. They go through a lot of adventures and cliche'd romance scenes after the princess escapes, so nobody remembers their story with any clarity.

The main focus of our search is the third party of the triangle. He's a son of a concubine, but not of the emperor; the emperor brought a widow of a tribal chief as a concubine soley for the purpose of getting the son. The emperor covets the boy and abandons the concubine; she withers and dies, and the son protests against harsh treatments on his mother. Overcame with lust, the emperor rapes the boy. The only reason the boy didn't run away afterward is because he loved the princess. But the princess despises the boy as the emperor favors him.

The emperor is assasinated by courtiers. The next target is the princess, the heir. The son of the concubine (hereafter I'll call him C) manages to have her and her guard escape. Of course not without protest, as the heroine suspects of C wanting the throne for himself. But the guard knows his good intentions and drags the princess away. C secretly promises the guard that he'll seize the throne and when it becomes safe, he'll call them and pass the throne to the princess.

So the princess and her beloved guard go on an adventure. Meanwhile C becomes the emperor and eventually marries himself to the daughter of the assassin in order to divulge his nature. But he refuses to have marital relationship with the queen in order not to have any progeny of himself. The queen and the assassin, now impatient to get the throne, plans another assassination. The emperor arrests them. Now his work is done.The princess and the guard returns to the capital. C kills himself. The empress is crowned.

It's probably published in 90s. Drawing's similar to that of husigi yuugi, people say.

If you have any idea what this manhua is, please help us! Or please ask people around you if they remember this. Thanks in advance!!

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
In Akagi there is apparently an arc where they play in team of 2 where the partners have to help their captain win. Does anyone know where in the manga or in the anime it is ?
Thanks

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Does anyone know the name of this Webtoon? It started last month, and back then when I "read" the preview chapter, it gave me a Prison Break vibe. But I didn't give it much thought. Today, this Webtoon is ranked top on Naver and I'm now really interested in this series.

So, if anyone has information about this series, please post it! :)

Acretius

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI. im new. and really am getting bugged that i cannot remember what it is that im looking for. so ill tell what i can remember and hopefully someone can help me out.

the main character in the maga/manwha im looking for is a long haired, leather sporting crazy bastard that dies in the first episode in a homicide by truck accident whilst riding his bike. upon waking, he fins himself in limbo and sees a hat wearing, booze toting fellow in dark that tells him that he has a ticket and that based on the color of his ticket he will go to either heaven or hell; if white the first, if black, the latter. after being told that, and deciding that those were lame choices, he punches the druk shinigami, takes his booze, and runs off into limbo without any plan. he is later chased by the shinigami ito hiding out in a floating house which happens to have a little girl residing in it that has multiple red eyes and tells him that to get a white ticket he must fight and collect 100 dark tickets. he then fights the shinigami and knocks him out after a pinch with his super kerberos punch. thats as far as i got, and the only other things i ca remember is that it follows a parallel storyline with his friends who are still alive in the real world who are part of a gang called kerberos i think

ITry

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think it's Hello Hellper