Brazil - The 2014 World Cup Meeting! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Brazil The 2014 World Cup Meeting!

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Hi, peeps.

I'm creating this thread to try to gather important info about the 2014 WC meeting, in Brazil. I prolly won't add everything right now, mostly 'cause I won't remember or notice them all at once, but I'll keep editing this post whenever I find out an important point to share.

Why am I creating this thread so soon? Basically 'cause meeting everybody sounds forking fun, but this will also be VERY expensive. So we can discuss things we need to save money for and start to make research right now. That way we'll be more prepared in 2014. I already have some money related points for you guys to think about:

1- Flight Tickets
START CHECKING THE PRICE OF FLIGHT TICKETS NOW! You won't be buying it any soon, but you gotta have in mind how much it will cost you and follow its variations until the end of the year. I really recommend you guys to get your tickets 6 months before the event. We'll talk about dates later, but you can simulate it with the WC's dates (between June 12 and July 13) and with a flight to Brasília (Juscelino Kubitschek International Airport) or Belo Horizonte (Confins International Airport).

2- Hosts
Where will you guys stay? Mostly in my house! I don't know if I'll be living in Brasília 'till then, but if that's not the case, will stay in Belo Horizonte.

You can see where they are in this map. Brasília is close to where "DF" is written. Same goes for Belo Horizonte with "MG".
When we're in BH (Belo Horizonte), some people can also stay at Moa's and Gu's (MidoBan). When we're in BSB (Brasília), he'll be at my house as well.

3- Transportation
Now... we could visit some other cities, like Rio! The thing is... Brazil is pretty big, so that requires time and money. If we go by plane, we'd have a bigger number of city options to visit that would take around 2h at most. But, considering it's the WC, that will prolly cost a lot. From BH, we could go to Rio, São Paulo and Vitória by bus (I'll talk a bit more about those cities in the next topic; and we could go to Vitória by train as well). That would take around 9h by bus and 14h by train (and would cost around 50 dollars by bus and 20~30 by train). Inside the cities we can take the bus. It's kinda cheap and doesn't take too much time.

4- Cities to Visit
The WC will take place in 12 cities. Here are the stadiums and the cities:
We'll be in the core of Brazil, so if you check the next map, you'll see that we'll be close to some of those cities:
These are the cities I believe we could try to visit:
  • Rio de Janeiro: That's the capital of Rio de Janeiro state, and it ain't a cheap city, but we could see the famous Christ there and its famous beaches as well. I have some close friends there and maybe they could host us, but we'll need to check it later.

It's a pretty city but, to be honest, I dunno much about it. Those small ferries are also part of the charm of Rio and its restaurants are pretty good, people say. I dunno much about its night life, but I believe it's awesome since people usually like that place a lot.
    -x-​
  • São Paulo: That's the capital of São Paulo state, and I'll be calling it Sampa. It's even more expensive than Rio, but we have relatives and close friends there as well, so I believe I can also find some hosts there. The night life is amaaazing, it's the perfect place in Brazil to buy cheap stuff or fancy stuff, and you can find any type of food there. I don't recall any big icon in Sampa, but it's impossible to get bored there.

Just the biggest city in Latin America, with anything you can imagine to do, and close to the beach of Santos.
    -x-​
  • Belo Horizonte: That's the capital of Minas Gerais state and, well, I love BH and that's the same with Moa and Gu, so there are big chances that will visit/stay in this one. It isn't big or famous as Rio and Sampa, but people are warm and welcoming there. The highlights of BH are bars, lol. All types of bars, and beer isn't expensive there (specially compared to Rio). They also vallue culture a lot, so there are tons of parks, theaters, historical city buildings and churchs, and a lot of great Brazilian bands came from there so we can find concerts pretty often. It's also really close to a lot of historical cities, such as Mariana and Ouro Preto (wich is also a university city, so we can find a lot of crazy parties there).

Minas is also famous for its food. Heavy food, with a lot of meat, specially pork and beef, and a lot of flour and beans as well. BH is also surrounded by waterfalls.

-x-​
  • Vitória: That's the capital of Espírito Santo state and I'll be calling it Vix. It's a small city (since it's a small island), and it's all about the food and the beaches as well (not the beaches in capital, but in close cities). Since the state is also small, it's easy and quick to travel to a lot of citis in that state.

Its dishes are mostly related to fish, crabs and shrimps, unless you go to the hills part of the state, where they still maintain a lot of european colonail influence (specially german and italian).

That's my homeland, and Moa's as well.
    -x-​
  • Salvador: The capital of Bahia state and Pirulito's land! I hope he can be our host if we decide to go there, hehe. Famous for its culture, food and beaches as well. Just like in BH, people are very welcoming in Salvador. I didn't learn much about it, but I can garantee that the food is great, the beaches are pretty and we'd have things to do at night as well. I kinda love that city.

-x-​
  • Brasília: That's the capital of Brazil, geographically located inside of Goiás. Brasília is different from the other big cities due to it's tall but also large buildings, surrounded by a lot of green spaces. There we could visit the government buildings. There are some good options of bars and dance clubs to go at night as well.

There are some hot springs in cities close to Brasília and it's also surrounded by waterfalls that we could visit.

-x-​
I don't think we'd have time or money to visit the other cities... Maybe Curitiba, near where Banana lives, but, although I'm crazy to visit some states in the south, some states in the central-east (and the Pantanal and river caves) and some states in the northeast (they have the most beautiful beaches in Brazil), it's kinda too far away and it might get too expensive.

5- Food
The previous topic talked a bit about food around the states, but let's stick to prices here. There are a lot of cheap restaurants in all those cities I mentioned, and a meal could cost around 5 dollars to 15 dollars. We can find a lot of restaurants that work as a "self service" place (you get whatever you want and pay for its weight) and as "rodízios" (you pay a fixed ammount and people keep serving you food 'till you're satisfied; that's usually for barbacue, sushi and pizza restaurants). But if we decide to save money no matter what, we can always cook at home!

A self service and a rodízio restaurant.

6- Game Tickets
So far, I have no idea about their prices! But I got tickets for the first game of the Confederations Cup (this one will happen here, in BSB; between Brazil and Japan) and each costed like 38 dollars. That was the cheapest ticket, the most expensive ones were around 220 dollars. I'm hoping that some of the WC games will also cost around 40 dollars, let's see.

7- Weather
Don't forget that it's winter in June/July here. Although you might say "pff, winter in Brazil is like 25ºC", you might wanna bring a jacket since it's common for the temperature to drop around 15ºC in BH and BSB and in Sampa it can also reach 5ºC. On the bright side, that's the dry season as well, so it won't be freaking hot in Rio, Vix em Salvador (I believe it will be between 20 and 30ºC) and it won't be rainy.

Hm, that's what I have to say about the meeting so far! At least, that's what I have I mind... and I'll be editing this post whenever we discuss some new important point and decide about something. I'll also keep an updated list in the first post of the ones who're coming. If you post here that you're really planning on coming, I'll add your name in red. ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME! I don't care if you know no one, or barely know us. Once people buy their tickets (I know it's not now in January) I'll edit their names to black. That way I can plan how to host you guys here in Brazil as well^^

So, the ones that will be in the meeting are:
  • Farfalla
  • MidoBan
  • TheMoa
  • Tatasugoi
  • Evil3ye
  • goldb
  • xi0
  • benelori
  • Xadyu
  • Imperium
  • Pirulito
  • 3c
  • Hardy
  • Mazino
Até breve '-'

PLAN B

PLAN A

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Rio Rio Rio! Totally mandatory on each first Brazil trip! :blai :blai

Sao Paolo and Brasilia comes next on my list. Salvador seems cool too, but it looks pretty far from all the other destinations, could be expensive and time consuming to get there. I think we should concentrate on Rio, Sao and Brasilia, as they are relatively close to BH too, what do you guys think?

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I might be going for a 10-14 day period with friends. If I go I'll of course take some time off to meet the lot of you.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I have just one thing to say:

Stay away from Florianópolis :arf

Natal is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, although I don't really know how far it is :XD

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Rio Rio Rio! Totally mandatory on each first Brazil trip! :blai :blai

Sao Paolo and Brasilia comes next on my list. Salvador seems cool too, but it looks pretty far from all the other destinations, could be expensive and time consuming to get there. I think we should concentrate on Rio, Sao and Brasilia, as they are relatively close to BH too, what do you guys think?
So we'll need bullet proof vests O: !
Ok, kidding xD Tbh, I kinda wanna go to those famous beaches as well. I only went to Rio a few times and never took time to walk around the city and the only time I tried to do that it was just so freaking hot and the beer was so expensive and kinda left it with a bad impression >O But I didn't go to the beaches at that time, so let's see!
Sampa is awesome, imo *-* You'd love it, Germy, since you're a night boy :3 We could get a bus from BH to any of those. We could leave at night and get there in the morning o/

I might be going for a 10-14 day period with friends. If I go I'll of course take some time off to meet the lot of you.
Yeah, Bob will go with some friends as well, I guess the same goes for Hardy, so please make sure to meet us as well! xD

I have just one thing to say:

Stay away from Florianópolis :arf

Natal is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, although I don't really know how far it is :XD
WUT!? Floripa is awesome Ç.Ç Beautiful and cozy city! xD
And it's next to Blumenau and Joinville *-*
Although I think that the euros wouldn't be excited to visit a city like this:

But Bob might like this:
But Floripa is too far. And Natal is even further =/ 2200km from BH xD Although I'm crazy to visit those dunes T.T

Last edited:

Mazino

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
as long as im there,im satisfied :nod

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yeah, Bob will go with some friends as well, I guess the same goes for Hardy, so please make sure to meet us as well! xD

WUT!? Floripa is awesome Ç.Ç Beautiful and cozy city! xD
I still don't know wtf I'm gonna do :XD

All my family and some friends got robbed in "Floripa" when we where there :(

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I still don't know wtf I'm gonna do :XD

All my family and some friends got robbed in "Floripa" when we where there :(
Wait, that probably sounded wrong...

I went to Brazil like 8 times, that was the only one that we had troubles.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Subbed.

Thanks for making this thread, Mariana. I think I mentioned that I want to for a around 3weeks- a month( :derp) but I know it'll be expensive, so we'll play that one by ear until we get closer to the dates and things become clearer. My friends will be in Rio or Sao Paulo(most likely the former) so my hope is to meet them at the same time as our visit to the city so I won't have to travel back and forth.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
@Come, Mazi o/ Germy will sodomize you ^.^!

@Oh, now I get it, Hermano xD You won't be any safer in Rio Ç.Ç

@Boobs, we can come up with a schedule later^^ Maybe we could start the meeting in Rio (you guys could fly to there), and then go to the other cities, and finally to BH/BSB, that would also work, I guess! Stay a month *-* You can stay with me!

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
good night life in Rio is on the Lapa... at least it's what my friends tell me. There are other places too, but on Lapa you have both cheap and expensive places and it attend all kind of tastes. We could go up on the Alemão and visit an "escola de samba"

I BH we have to do a "maratona de buteco"

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

I'm still reading.. so I'll be comenting hahaa
Ouro Preto, yeah
we should go up there on a weekend... there are some really crazy students parties there
the problem is... with the world cup, the unis won't have any classes, maybe the city will be empty. But we should check on that on the same week.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

and Hardy knows nothing... Floripa is know for their hotties :hurr

far, where did you buy the tickets? I wanna buy one!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

And I won't be travelling with you lot the whole time (Money is a huge problem).. but everyone is welcome on my house in BH and I'll try to make a trip to 1 or 2 cities with you. My parents have a house near Vix, the problem there it's that they are very conservative, so no drinking/smoking/banging there =/

oh Far, you forgot to tell them that in Salvador the beaches have warm water

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

and great topic far... with the pictures and all
you just forgot to put a picture of my workplace in BH, it's beatiful :hmph

also, the pampulha! :arf

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
@Oh, now I get it, Hermano xD You won't be any safer in Rio Ç.Ç
I've already been there (2 or 3 times, not sure :XD). It's a nice city to have a huuuge walk (if you know where to go).

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
good night life in Rio is on the Lapa... at least it's what my friends tell me. There are other places too, but on Lapa you have both cheap and expensive places and it attend all kind of tastes. We could go up on the Alemão and visit an "escola de samba"

I BH we have to do a "maratona de buteco"

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

I'm still reading.. so I'll be comenting hahaa
Ouro Preto, yeah
we should go up there on a weekend... there are some really crazy students parties there
the problem is... with the world cup, the unis won't have any classes, maybe the city will be empty. But we should check on that on the same week.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

and Hardy knows nothing... Floripa is know for their hotties :hurr

far, where did you buy the tickets? I wanna buy one!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

And I won't be travelling with you lot the whole time (Money is a huge problem).. but everyone is welcome on my house in BH and I'll try to make a trip to 1 or 2 cities with you. My parents have a house near Vix, the problem there it's that they are very conservative, so no drinking/smoking/banging there =/

oh Far, you forgot to tell them that in Salvador the beaches have warm water

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

and great topic far... with the pictures and all
you just forgot to put a picture of my workplace in BH, it's beatiful :hmph

also, the pampulha! :arf
Fifa's website! You can only buy it 'till the day after tomorrow xD So hurry.
(eles tão vendendo os ingressos até dia 15, mesmo que esgote. Se esgotar, eles vão sortear os ingressos entre quem comprou. Que ficar de fora, pode comprar do terceiro lote~ esse é o segundo)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
fuck it.. I don't have the money now!!!!!!!!!! cries

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
FIFA is currently working on the ticketing concepts for both events and and will make the relevant announcements at a later date. However, the ticket sale for the FIFA World Cup is foreseen to start after the FIFA Confederations Cup in Q3 2013.

:3

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
It's very obvious that you forgot to put me in the list of participants. :<

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Lemme know if you want me to get tickets for you, Moa, and for wich game xD You can pay me later.

@Gracias, Hermano!!

@Fixed, holandes :3

Pirulito

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My home is everyone's home.
Of course, I can host anyone here. You guys don't even need to ask for it, just need to inform. rsrs

Pirulito

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Rsrs.

You know it's part of my show. Cant help these jokes. =D