The aftermath of the original Reiss Chapel incident. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The aftermath of the original Reiss Chapel incident.

Quick6r

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kinda going back in time here, but I was re-reading the new chapters and I ended up with even more questions about SnK. We know that Frieda Riess was devoured by Grisha in the Reiss Chapel. By doing so Grisha was able to steal the Coordinate from her and ultimately pass it down to Eren. I think it's obvious that one person cannot have the power of two titan shifters within them, but can posses multiple titan special abilities. My question is, since Frieda was killed what exactly happened to her shifter ability? Is it simply "lost"?(as stated in earlier chapters, if a shifter dies and does not get devoured by another titan their shifter power will appear in a random Eldodian.)

Extra thought: IF Freida's shifter ability does manifest within a random Elodian do you think it would be someone from within the walls or possibly a character we already know?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Was it really mentioned a person can't have Two Titan Shifter abilities or atleast Two abilities merged?I think the Founding Titan merged with Attack Titan.

vvisions

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I also share @natsulucy 's opinion. Both titan are now earned by Eren. If he dies in a way nobody eat's him, then those powers shall travel to new hosts separatedly. I think that would be the only way to separate them again.

The crazy thing to me, is that even though he earned a new power, his counter didn't reseted neither his lifespan were splited in half.

Quick6r

Reaction score
Country
United States
@natsulucy it wasn't explicitly stated that a shifter can't have multiple abilities, that was just what I had gathered.

@vvisions that is also an interesting thought. His lifespan could have possibly been extended, but only time will tell on that one.

sean_cam

Reaction score
Country
United States
@natsulucy it wasn't explicitly stated that a shifter can't have multiple abilities, that was just what I had gathered.
If this was a thing, Eren having the Attack Titan and the Coordinate simultaneously (which we know to be true) would be a contradiction. Your conclusion is false.

Edit: read the comment wrong

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, eren has shown the regular attack titan so far and when in contact with a reiss he has shown he can control titans. With that in mind the manga objectively proofs beyond doubt that it is perfectly possible to use multiple titan abilities.

To add to that, eren also obtained hardening. While he doesn't have a third titan within him, he has traits from 3 different titans, not just two.

Quick6r

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, eren has shown the regular attack titan so far and when in contact with a reiss he has shown he can control titans. With that in mind the manga objectively proofs beyond doubt that it is perfectly possible to use multiple titan abilities.

To add to that, eren also obtained hardening. While he doesn't have a third titan within him, he has traits from 3 different titans, not just two.

SPOILER ALERT --- Well kinda, but not really.

Well, after reading the recently released chapter 93 it appears you were certainly correct. Zeke states that Paradis island current has the power of 4 titans, the attack, colossal, female, and founding titan. He goes on to mention that he believes Eren to be in possession of the attack and founding titan, and states that they are "within his body."