Discussion - The beginning of a legend | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The beginning of a legend

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

To me, the first one could be the most intriguing panel we have seen in NnT up to now. Together with the following page, quoted above, talks about a prophecy. The panels belong to a chapter entitled: Ballad of the beginning . And the beginning of that legend is precisely certain prophecy the father of Cenette tells us about. Those are his worlds:

These youngsters are criminals…? What an absurd lie. Just what are the holy knights scheming? And on top of that, the miraculous healing of my body… and the miraculous protection of that young man, Meliodas… A mysterious power that can’t be seen by the naked eye… Jo, I feel the presence of an immeasurably great will. It is an omen of the beginning of a trial of ancient origins, When the skies are filled with crossing shooting stars, Britannia will be visited by an immense menace. It’s an omen of the beginning of a trial of ancient origins, a holy war between the guiding hand of light and the bloodline of darkness.
I take the bold words, as the main body of the prophecy. Now, as a beginning, it seems the prophecy sets up the main framework to the story, and the events we have seen up to now have their meaning as parts of a story that will drive us to a holy war between light and darkness. So, in general, how are those events we have seen related to that war foretold by the prophecy?

In particular: What is the connection between the murder of Saratras and the foretold holy war? And what the connection between the accusation and dismantling of the sins and that war? Also, what about the cup d’état? Hendricksen and Helbram have created too the second holy knights, tried to capture Meliodas; and they are trying to revive the demon clan. So what’s the connection between those actions and that war?

And last but not least, the panels above show us certain someone in top of a mountain. Someone we still don’t know about, I guess. That mysterious character is showed at the same time we are told about the prophecy. Just who is that mysterious character?

Those could be the questions of the big puzzle of a fascinating story in development. Post your ideas about one or all of these interesting questions.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, seeing the prophecy it would seem the main enemy will be a very specific faction. It mentions the bloodline of darkness which could imply either a particular race or a particular family. Given what little we know so far it seem evident that the bloodline of darkness would be the demon clan who were sealed away and mysteriously appeared recently. This would be an interesting twist as meliodas would have the darkness bloodline within him. On the other hand it mentions the guiding hand of light. A guiding hand of light does not imply any particular faction, it basically includes anyone who would care for others in broad terms. Another interesting thing is that humans seem to be interested in acquiring demon powers and have done so by drinking their blood. So perhaps its not even a about demon clan per say but rather those who drink the blood of demon clan to become stronger. It kinda makes sense if we assume not all demons are evil.

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I go with the last alternative you mention. I mean, humans trying to use demon blood, and trying to revive the demon clan, all of it seems to say that the demon clan is not the main faction of the dark side, but just one of it. Hendricksen and Helbram seems to be mere humans, (but we don't know about it yet); but they seem to be not demon, or that they don't belong to demon clan, since they are trying to revive that clan; as if they would need that clan to be make the dark side stronger in the holy war.

Also we know about other kingdoms in Britannia; in chapter 3 we are told about certain Arthur who just became king of Cameloth. That could be one among many other changes that are taking place in the preliminaries of the holy war, which could be a large war involving different kingdoms.

Last edited: