The Best and worst of One Piece on 2015 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Best and worst of One Piece on 2015

Sakazuki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
:super:superNew Year is coming, and it would be a good thing to reflect about One Piece. So express your opinions in this thread following the listed topics:

• Best moment f the year;
• Character of the year;
• Best plot twist;
• Best new character;
• Best fight of the year;
• Funniest moment of the year
• Best surprise of the year;
• Shame of the year;
• Worst character
• Worst new character;
• Worst fight of the year;
• Worst surprise of the year.

Remember: our answers must be based on the first chapter (chapter 772) to the last (chapter 811). Have fun and Happy New Year for all!

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Best moment of the year: King Kong Gun
Character of the year: Sabo
Best plot twist: Kaido's arrival
Best new character: Kaido
Best fight of the year: Luffy vs Doflamingo (from Gear 4 onwards)
Funniest moment of the year: Luffy's new ability: multi-task (able to eat, sleep, cry and hasty
Best surprise of the year: Possibility of a fight between Revolutionary Army and Black Beard Pirates
Shame of the year: Don Chinjao
Worst character: Don Chinjao
Worst new character: Don Chinjao
Worst fight of the year: Don Chinajo vs Lao G and the other officers fight. Pretty much all of the fights were shit except Luffy vs DD and Zoro vs Pica
Worst surprise of the year: Trebol is a Paramecia

Last edited:

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
• Best moment of the year: a tie between "Gear...4." (revelation at the end of Ch.783) and Doflamingo's speech to Tsuru in Ch.801;

• Character of the year: Donquixote Doflamingo;

• Best plot twist: a tie between the 7th Shichibukai, Edward Weeble, being the self-proclaimed son of Whitebeard (Ch. 802) and Sanji's "Wanted Only Alive" (Ch. 801);

• Best new character: Kaido (although we've only now been introduced to him, it's his introduction that earns him this spot, as I see it), Ch.795;

• Best fight of the year: Luffy (and Law) Vs. Donquixote Doflamingo;

• Funniest moment of the year: the Barto Club Pirate Ship... "The Going Luffy-Senpai", in Ch.801;

• Best surprise of the year: Lucci and Spandam are back (and possibly the rest of CP9?) as part of CP0 (?), Ch.801;

• Shame of the year: the constant interruptions/breaks during the fight against Doflamingo (during the story I mean, not actual irl SJM breaks);

• Worst character: Kinemon/Kanjuro;

• Worst new character: considering that we saw him get his ass kicked twice (Ch. 795 and 811) in the same situation, I'd have to say Sheepshead;

• Worst fight of the year: everything was pretty much overshadowed by the Doflamingo fight, so I can't think of anything else besides the Sabo Vs. Burgess scuffle in Ch. 787 and Ch.792. I feel like Jesus Burgess has a lot more potential than what was shown but instead he went down the cliché route of trying to bait the "good guy" with the typical "bad guy taunting" shenanigans;

• Worst surprise of the year: the likelihood of a prolonged absence by Sanji.

~
Not sure if we should also have a Best Chapter/Worst Chapter, but considering my answers I think Ch.801 wins Best Chapter overall. As for the Worst, I'd have to give it some more thought!

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
• Best moment of the year; Lots of them, between Gear 4, Kaido showing up and DD's speech with Tsuru
• Character of the year; Hmmm... Zoro Senpai
• Best plot twist; Doflamingo being a Tenryubito for sure
• Best new character; Bartolomeo I guess
• Best fight of the year; DD vs Luffy
• Funniest moment of the year: Bartolomeo being a fanboy
• Best surprise of the year: Sanji only alive wanted poster
• Shame of the year: Shitjao
• Worst character: Shitjao
• Worst new character; Shitjao
• Worst fight of the year; 90% of the executives fights were shit except Zoro Senpai
• Worst surprise of the year: Well... Usopp being beaten for comedy purpose while he could've handled Trebol I guess ?

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Zehahaha

From what I understood we're to only select stuff that happened this year... Bartolomeo was introduced in Chapter 705 back in 2013, so I think "Best new character" refers to characters that were only introduced to us for the first time this year.

Same goes for Shinjao (at least for Worst New Character), I mean don't get me wrong I understand your point, but by this year's first chapter (772) even his fight with Lao G was already over, same with Usopp x Trébol, that was last year I think.

It would be nice if we could all pick stuff from this year alone :).

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
:super:superNew Year is coming, and it would be a good thing to reflect about One Piece. So express your opinions in this thread following the listed topics:

• Character of the year;
• Best plot twist;
• Best new character;
• Shame of the year;
• Worst character
• Worst new character;

Remember: our answers must be based on the first chapter (chapter 772) to the last (chapter 811). Have fun and Happy New Year for all!
Saw something similar on APforums.I'll give it a try.
• Best moment of the year: Gear 4, DD's defeat(his glasses breaking was quite symbolic), Kaido, the reactions to DD's defeat and seeing all the Supernova, the SHs getting more allies,they all were just as important imo.
• Character of the year:for me Barto. One of the best chars Oda introduced in this arc.
• Best plot twist: DD being a Tenryuubito, and not sure if this really qualifies as a plot twist but the reveal about the Kidd's alliance target being Shanks(although that could change).Oh and Sanji's wanted alive poster.It's hard to pick just one.
• Best new character:again Barto.I feel this is just like character of the year.
• Best fight of the year: Zoro vs Pica. Zoro senpai!
• Funniest moment of the year: God Usopp.
• Best surprise of the year: Kaido. I really dig his design.
• Shame of the year: Law using Gamma knife.Because of it there is a doubt about whether Luffy could have won on his own. Oda shouldn't have had Law keep on interrupting Luffy's fight. And I guess not knowing what's the deal with DD's eyes too.
• Worst character:ugh Rebecca.
• Worst new character: Rebecca (again redundant).
• Worst fight of the year: Diamante vs Kyros. I would have much preferred Diamante vs Robin, instead she was forced into babysitting Rebecca.:fail
• Worst surprise of the year:I would have put Sanji leaving...and Burgess founding Baltigo by accident and asking BB to come. That's definitely bad news for Dragon and Sabo.

Thanks and Happy New year to you too. May we all continue to enjoy reading this manga as much as possible.

Last edited:

Stiltzkin

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

• Best moment of the year;
Exchanging Cups

• Character of the year;
Barto

• Best plot twist;
Sanji's Wanter Poster - ONLY ALIVE

• Best new character;
Barto

Sai vs. Baby 5

Going Luffy Senpai

Jack's 1 million bounty

• Shame of the year;
The Fights. It takes so long & so many chapter (and often get interrupted).
I prefer fight-type-chapter like Arabasta when it only takes few chapter and done their fight.

• Worst character
Doffy

• Worst new character;
Jack

Zoro vs. Pica

Jack's torturing minks

Last edited:

Deleted member 182576

• Best moment of the year; luffy beating the sh*t out of doffy
• Character of the year; bartolomeo
• Best plot twist; Jesus burges being in baltigo
• Best new character; wanda, she's so cute and "strong"
• Best fight of the year; minks vs. jack and his subordinates
• Funniest moment of the year: everything with bartolomeo and ceasar Clown, robins reaction to ryonosukes "death"
• Best surprise of the year; the reveal of senor pinks past
• Shame of the year; bartolomeo for not joining the strawhats
• Worst character: chinjao
• Worst new character; sheepshead
• Worst fight of the year; zoro vs. carrot lol
• Worst surprise of the year: Trebol being a paramecia, bo-hoo. i was just happy that he got wrecked! his laugh is so annoying

Last edited by a moderator:

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
@Zehahaha

From what I understood we're to only select stuff that happened this year... Bartolomeo was introduced in Chapter 705 back in 2013, so I think "Best new character" refers to characters that were only introduced to us for the first time this year.

Same goes for Shinjao (at least for Worst New Character), I mean don't get me wrong I understand your point, but by this year's first chapter (772) even his fight with Lao G was already over, same with Usopp x Trébol, that was last year I think.

It would be nice if we could all pick stuff from this year alone :).
Thing is nobody is coming close to Shitjao, so I dunno
I could maybe put Trebol or Lao G or Jora, but all of them were introduced before I think so yeah

Maybe I could edit the new character bit and put Jack there I reckon, but none of the characters introduced so far in 2015 made an impact on me so
I think the entire Dressrosa arc should be included here, offers more options than just sticking with 2015 alone

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
• Worst surprise of the year. Robin has actually a cute side
She always had a cute side, like the moment she thought of Dressroba, and even in Thriller bark.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thing is nobody is coming close to Shitjao, so I dunno
I could maybe put Trebol or Lao G or Jora, but all of them were introduced before I think so yeah

Maybe I could edit the new character bit and put Jack there I reckon, but none of the characters introduced so far in 2015 made an impact on me so
I think the entire Dressrosa arc should be included here, offers more options than just sticking with 2015 alone
Technically it's still a fairly new character, so I don't really see what's the problem with it either.

Deleted member 182576

She always had a cute side, like the moment she thought of Dressroba, and even in Thriller bark.
ups!!! not worst suprise. i thought it's the best surprise haha damn.
haha what cute side did she have in Thriller bark? yeah i rembemr dressroba. but the whole Thing with ryonosuke brought her cute side to a total new Level IMO haha.
worst surprise this year: trebol is paramecia

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
ups!!! not worst suprise. i thought it's the best surprise haha damn.
haha what cute side did she have in Thriller bark? yeah i rembemr dressroba. but the whole Thing with ryonosuke brought her cute side to a total new Level IMO haha.
worst surprise this year: trebol is paramecia
When Kuma mentioned his DF, she had this " cute " moment stuff too

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah there were various moments like that, when she showed her cute side. I think the Thriller bark one is the one with Kuma.:p
My point is it's hardly a surprise, if people had paid more attention to it they would have realized it sooner.

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
If we considering this strictly 2015 list, then chapter 773 onwards->

Exchanging cups / Kyros and Rebecca deciding to live together / Gatz announcing Lucy the winner
• Character of the year;
Kyros / Barto / Law
• Best plot twist;
Burgess finding Baltigo
• Best new character;
Kaido
Luffy vs Dofla / Kyros vs Diamante / Franky vs Senor Pink
The "dragon" that climbed up to Zou
Kaido
• Shame of the year;
Edward Weeble
• Worst character
Edward Weeble
• Worst new character;
Edward Weeble
Kuzan joining Blackbeard

Fuuji Genichiro

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
• Best moment of the year: -Kaidoh reveal-
• Character of the year: -Donquixote Doflamingo, the charismatic evil.-
• Best plot twist: -Kuzan joining the Blackbeard pirates-
• Best new character: -Kaidoh-
• Best fight of the year: -Luffy vs Doflamingo-
• Funniest moment of the year: -GOD USOPP!!!-
• Best surprise of the year: -Doflamingo awakening, i thought doffy was at his limit.-
• Shame of the year: -Kanjuro's paintings-
• Worst character:-machvise-
• Worst new character:-Kyuin- had to search for the name, but its the factory manager that fell in love with Franky.
• Worst fight of the year: was there any bad fight?
• Worst surprise of the year: Sanji missing, reason being that there's a possibility that they might have to rescue sanji, which makes me cringe.

was hard coming up with the 'worst' part, i mean, its OP for god sake, if we were talking about the anime on the other hand, then yeah

BetaRuler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
• Best moment of the year; Fujitoras scuffle and speech with Luffy
• Character of the year; Corazon (does he fit into this year? If not then Sabo I guess)
• Best plot twist; Fujitora blinding himself
• Best new character; Kanjuro (gotta admit I love the pathetic art skill jokes)
• Best fight of the year; Was there any fighting besides Luffy vs Doffy this year? Haha
• Funniest moment of the year Bartolomeos ship
• Best surprise of the year; Sabo turning out to be alive
• Shame of the year; Rebecca's role in the arc. To CRY
• Worst character: jacket jacket fruit guy, was it the rocky brothers?
• Worst new character: Rebecca
• Worst fight of the year: Trebols ... whatever it is you call it... was sad to see the 4 strongest in Doffy's crew start with Vergo and being reduced to Trebol
• Worst surprise of the year: Sanji's STILL absent from the SH crew.

EddyBob15

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Best Moment of the Year: Doflamingo's defeat.
Character of the Year: Corazon
Best Plot Twist: The reveal of Devil Fruits' Awakenings (it doesn't count with Impel Down because it wasn't really explained then).
Best New Character: Wanda
Best Fight of the Year: Luffy vs Doflamingo (natch)
Funniest Moment of the Year: Three way tie between Corazon demonstrating his Calm-Calm fruit's uses to Law, the Barto Club's incompetence at sea, and the reveal of Pica's voice.
Best Surprise of the Year: Gear Fourth (duh)
Shame of the Year: Three way tie between half the Straw Hats not being involved in the battle with the Donquixotes, the constant interruptions of Luffy's fight with Doflamingo, and Rebecca and Kyros not joining the Straw Hat Crew.
Worst Character: (Don't really have one).
Worst New Character: Bucking, Whitebeard's self-proclaimed lover.
Worst Fight of the Year: Luffy vs Issho (Cause the others interrupted it).
Worst Surprise of the Year: Sabo getting the Flame Flame fruit (Sorry, Sabo fans, I REALLY wanted the Straw Hats to get that fruit).

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Best moment of the year:

War of Thrones

Character of the year;

Captain Jack

Best plot twist;

Kaidou can't die

Best new character;

Captain Jack

Best fight of the year;

Minks vs Jack

Funniest moment of the year

Barto telling Law he also has a wanted poster

Best surprise of the year;

Lucci is in CP0

Shame of the year;

Bellamy

Worst character

Bellamy

Worst new character;

Edward Weeble

Worst fight of the year;

Rebecca/Kyros vs Diamante

Worst surprise of the year.

Blackbeard Pirates find the Revolutionary base

Sora

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
• Best moment f the year : Law's tactics for the Gamma Knife.
• Character of the year : Luffy. The only one.
• Best plot twist : Dofla kills Roscinante. Good surprise. I though it was a accident like you know... Oda's Hype for nothing.
• Best new character : Bartolomeo. The only one too.
• Best fight of the year : Luffy vs Fujitora. Cuz' they were all shitty so i'll go for one of Luffy & the Shortest.
• Funniest moment of the year : The increase of 60% (Maybe more) of the Mugi on the Wanted Poster. They do nothing, 4 of them were even missing the full arc...
• Best surprise of the year : Sanji's Only Alive. There's no real good surprise.
• Shame of the year : We have the choice : Robin, Brook, Chopper... Useless character being useless, as always...
• Worst character : Bellamy. Is it even possible to be this level of crap?
• Worst new character : Pretty much all of them, except Sabo.
• Worst fight of the year : Zorro vs Pica. Shitty opponent leads to shitty fight. It's a shame that Oda gives weaklings to Zorro since the ellipse (Hodi, Hyouzou, Mone & Pica) but escaping the real opponent like Fujitora...
• Worst surprise of the year : The new Shishibukai coming out of nowhere...