Discussion - The bread thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The bread thread

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Today I learned the Baguette only became popular during the 20's. That was quite a shock, I thought it was much older given our French cliché image.
And since I wanted to make a bread thread long ago this is the perfect opportunity

So what is the traditional bread by yours, which one do you like, how do you eat it, or anything else related to bread you want to discuss.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Probably the Baguette. A fresh Baguette is one of those little things that can lighten up my day X:D. It's also an awesome bread for sandwiches! There's also Tiger Bread. Normally I don't really like the breads they sell in the UK, but Tiger Bread is something else. It's one of those things I always buy when I go there. Papo Seco bread is what I normally eat (I live in Portugal after all). It's not the fanciest bread ever but it's still pretty great.

One bread I've always wanted to try is Melonpan. It just looks so good when I see manga/anime characters eat it :D

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah I know that German claim to have the best breads, but honestly, after a year living there, nothing can beat the baguette :-)). At least for an every day bread purpose.
We just made a pique nique with friends today (the sun is finally here), and what else can you have to eat with paté, ham or cheese ?
What I find strange is that it is hard to find a good baguette elsewhere than in France. I don't know why but it does always taste not as good abroad.

And yes melonpan seems strange, I discovered it while reading Yakitate. This serie was such a disappointment to me. The beginning was great and it was fun to read about all those type of bread, but it started to go to crazy for my taste.

KungPaoChicken

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Dude!! I bought 2 bags of French Baguettes today. There so good. Put some butter on them with black pepper. You'll really like it. Hopefully.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
2 bags ! How many people are you ? It's not really a bread you can keep several days.

KungPaoChicken

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Haha yes. Just me!! I love to eat, and its a good snack after soccer.

The bread is like 2 feet in length and they come in bags of two where I live. Bought two bags today, ate one bag today. Totally awesome.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
So what is the traditional bread by yours, which one do you like, how do you eat it, or anything else related to bread you want to discuss.
I like..the regular ones? Loafs and buns, especially chocolate/matcha/fruit jam on loafs or filled buns.

I don't really like croissant. It's greasy and the feeling of its layers sticking to my palate is just not my thing