The cnet128 Thread | Page 33 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The cnet128 Thread

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hi cnet!

I had a really quick question. What is the literal translation for gigai from bleach -the fake bodies shinigami use sometimes-. I know it is something alone the lines of artificial body but I wanted to be sure.

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
chikara makaseni tatakau inuyasha wa azawarau kana wo you ni oitsumeteiku
Inuyasha, fighting with all his might, gains a clear advantage over the sneering Kana.

demo dou yareba taoseru no? fujimitomo omoeru sono karada wa inuyasha de wa taosenai no?
But how can he defeat her? Is it not possible for Inuyasha to overcome her seemingly immortal body?

What is the literal translation for gigai from bleach -the fake bodies shinigami use sometimes-. I know it is something alone the lines of artificial body but I wanted to be sure.
Yep, that's pretty much it. The "gi" (義) means "artificial"; it's the same kanji as in compounds such as gishu, "artificial hand", and gigan, "artificial eye". The "gai" (骸) means "body", "corpse", or "husk"; it's the same kanji as in words such as gaikotsu (gai-bones), "skeleton", shigai (death-gai), "remains" (of a dead person), or zangai (remaining-gai), "wreckage".

yakitatefreak

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, I don't, not at this point in time, anyway. I didn't stop because Hisshou is translating, I stopped because I wanted to lighten my workload by dropping a ton of series, and Naruto was one of the ones I decided to drop.

Ehhhm... I'd prefer to wait until there's a proper RAW -_-;

I translate it because I love the series, of course! Why else?
Haha... Negima does have a few twists and plot surprises from time to time. It is funny how the series went from being a standard "赤松" series of ”エッチ” and girls with a main guy to being a twisted series where surprises happen in every corner that chapters come out in. Negima has that old formula of ecchi fanservice, tsundere, and one lucky person who is in the middle of the madness, with a few new elements.

*Lemon squash, anyone? (or in the United States, Canada, and the middle east, lemonade)*

Last edited:

ENDER3000

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey Cnet, thx again for the great work!! Any chance of you picking up Beelzebub?? If you have the time that is :)

Shadow Limiter

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
India
Hey Cnet, seems like Raw-Paradise has been closed down.
Do you know any other place from where you could get the raws for translating (other than RP) manga's like MSN. If you do it would be great.

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, I can't say I do. If anyone else does, then I'd like to hear about it ~~

Shadow Limiter

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
India
No, I can't say I do. If anyone else does, then I'd like to hear about it ~~
The only places i know where the raws could be available are on IRC channel (Rena-chan) which i think even you know about and the other i heard is about something called a Share where we might find the raws. But i am a noob in using both of them so i don't know anything much about them or how to get files using them.

I though it would have been better if you knew about a place were the raws are available (other than RP) as that would atleast make us get the translations without any problem. But it seems that you too don't know were to get them, which is now a big problem.

Maybe if you contacted "Enigma!" group, they might help you as they have used Rena-chan's raws in the past so they might be able to provide you the raws for translation (but then the raws most probably won't be available before Wednesday as Rena-chan releases the raws after Wednesday).

d3death

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
best of luck for your re-evaluation.

but no matter what they say we all know you are A rank translator

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I'm aware of the IRC channel where Rena's RAWs are available, and I'll quite happily fall back on that if nothing else turns up. And of course MH itself is still a pretty good source for non-Kodansha RAWs. But it's still a little inconvenient not having one central place to check.

(I'm aware of Share as well, but that's a Windows-only program, and I don't have Windows, so it's not exactly a feasible option as far as I'm concerned ~~)

Mss. Pretty Queen

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi Cnet, (or anyone helpful) can you help me reading these typesettings? You always help me with these kind of things but if you're busy, then I won't ask again. :) Thanks sir.

Last edited:

duron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, cnet128, I found a nice-quality RAW for the next chapter of Mahou Sensei Negima and posted it in the Negima forum here.

It looks like for now on, the main way to find Negima RAWs will be to wait for them on Share, or (gulp) 4chan...

DrunkDragon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wondering but will you still be able to post your translations here, like Negima, or where will you post up your translations if you can't?

About a alternative source to get Raws, you can try Jcafe's Winny Club. You'll need to register and post to see the spoilers with links.

Last edited:

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I should still be able to post my translations here (unless they screw up the site even more than they already have -_-;)

I'm already aware of Winny Club, and it's pretty useful, but as far as I'm aware it's more a resource for archived manga than for getting the latest RAWs as soon as they show up.

beceded

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you help translate a ****** page for me? If you could.

[zidane]Tasteless image removed. [/zidane]

Last edited by a moderator:

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Er, no, I think I'll pass on that. ****** translation isn't something I do, by and large, and frankly, that page is so remarkably unattractive (not to mention free of any text worth reading...) that I wouldn't translate it either way ~~

Shadow Limiter

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
India
Hey, raws of MSN ch 288 is out (check jcafe or AQS forums for it). So, are you going to translate using this raw or are you going to wait for Rena-chan raws for translation.

FruitBun

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hiya cnet! first time posting here!

are you still gonna be translating One Piece?

I really like your translations so I was hoping that the "no-Raws hosting" thing was only a minor set back and thats why you are late in getting up chp. 583's translation.

I really hope you never stop translating!

duron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, cnet128. I've noticed that lately your Negima translations have been lagging. Judging from some of your previous posts, with Rawparadise.com out of the picture, I'm assuming you've had to rely on Rena-chan's later raws for your translations.

If that's the case, I'd just like to remind/inform you that nowadays, the newer raws do get posted quite quickly on this site's own Negima forum by various people. There should be a link available every Wednesday in the topic for the latest chapter. They aren't Rena-chan quality by any means, but they're still very legible.

I'm not trying to sound overbearing or selfish here, but I'd really like to see you back up to speed. Cause' lately, the translations that have popped up on the latest releases... aren't exactly stellar. I'd hate to see this be par course for Negima's future. And thank you for all the work you've done and continue to do.

Last edited:

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The reason my translations have been lagging lately is both because with Raw-Paradise and MangaHelpers both suddenly dropping out of the picture as RAW providers, it's been slower and more of a pain to actually find the RAWs, and also because I've been rather busy recently with final assessments and exams. All my assessments and exams are out of the way now, so that shouldn't be an issue in future.

I'll be away on a short holiday with my family from Monday-Friday next week, so I won't be able to do any translations during that period, but other than that, I'll hopefully be getting at least somewhat back "up to speed" soon enough.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
NOOOO!!! I always look forward to your bleach translations since mangastream ones always have 1 or 2 mistakes on them..... I guess I have to wait for this one...