Theory - The current community behind the walls is not the only one | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory The current community behind the walls is not the only one

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Of course I just might be influenced by other media, or other works out there, but I think the people who we are seeing and reading about right now are not the only remnants of humanity.

One thing I base my theory on, is that it seems that it is established that their own history is vague, and they cannot trace back their existence before an era without Titans. This reeks of heavy information censoring from the leadership.

Anyways, I think that at some point the world with expand, and who knows maybe we'll find out about a human community that embraced Titans, or at least are capable or interacting with them.

However I'm not sure I want that to happen though...if there are other communities then the sense of urgency and the level of the threat the Titans are posing would be lessened.

ashher

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Indeed, the very first thought i had when i read the line about whether the titans are the only reason why they are not allowed to go outside, was that things are fishy and there must some other reason to it. Also the way info about outside is treated as blasphemy and illegal is suspicious.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I believe that Titans might be a tool to rule over this city and people who live inside it. As it seems that Titans were made by humans at some point. And Eren seems to be among the newest generation. Hope we'll get some revelations when he manages to get to the basement of his house.

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I sure as fuck hope it doesn't end like some sort of manga version of the twist ending from The Village where it was all an experiment and the outside world is full of modern cities where people live normally.

vampire killer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I think that the whole world is one social experiment or a live tv show. It will be awesome to watch how titan`s kill people on pay-per-view. But I don`t think that the mangaka is that stupid.

wintercry

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't jinx the series to become like Gantz's bs copy.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I can only imagine deviant Titans, like Annie or Big Foot, living outside of the walls. Any community outside the walls would be destroyed unless there were deviant titans to control the regular titans and keep them from eating the villagers. The speed with which titans passed through any breach in the wall, and quantity in which they appeared, should make it clear that the outside is teeming with titans. It should be equally clear that there is a conspiracy within the walls threatening humanity. It remains unknown whether there is also an enemy outside.

vampire killer

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
maybe there other towns and the titan's are fighting over the control of them.

Ghan

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is really becoming more and more like Gurren Lagann

leiatte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I sure as fuck hope it doesn't end like some sort of manga version of the twist ending from The Village where it was all an experiment and the outside world is full of modern cities where people live normally.
Please don't, those twists are usually awful, not because the idea was bad (It can actually be really good if done right) but its just annoying and Lots of people who take that route don't do it so well.

Don't jinx the series to become like Gantz's bs copy.
Gantz used to be so awesome, but yeah its not as interesting as it used to be.

anyway, I trust Shingeki no Kyojin's author, he has made an incredible manga, and I think he will continue to do a great job.

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Of course I just might be influenced by other media, or other works out there, but I think the people who we are seeing and reading about right now are not the only remnants of humanity.

One thing I base my theory on, is that it seems that it is established that their own history is vague, and they cannot trace back their existence before an era without Titans. This reeks of heavy information censoring from the leadership.

Anyways, I think that at some point the world with expand, and who knows maybe we'll find out about a human community that embraced Titans, or at least are capable or interacting with them.

However I'm not sure I want that to happen though...if there are other communities then the sense of urgency and the level of the threat the Titans are posing would be lessened.
There has to be some other community.
The manga is highly inspired by the Norse Mythology which feature several Worlds.
The entirety of what we have seen sofar is just like the Aesir and Humans vs the Jotnar.

Aesir being Gods,Jotnar being Cannibalistic Giants as well as some Half-breds existing like Vidar who was Half God-Half Giant.
Heck we even have Ymir and it even says the Great Gods created Humanity and Midgard as fortification against the Jotnar.

Anyway, in the Norse there are alot of other places.
Midgard - Realms of Humans
Jötunheimr/Jotunheim - Realm of Jotnar
Niðavellir/Nidavellir - Realm of Dwarves
Útgarðar/Utgard - The Outyards where a fortification is home of Utgard Loki.
Svartálfarheimr - World of the Black Elves

lolnameless

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
^interesting, the author probably models it since the beginning.

btw, OP's theory is just too obvious..
idk but the author is kind of ...dumb? or he just doesn't feel like hiding things from us. The above is an example.
If the translation is correct,
every intro the few volumes have already said that every information is in public domain.
That is, he even told you explicitly that the information is not necessarily true.

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
^interesting, the author probably models it since the beginning.
Yes, to be precise from the very beginning.
It's actually a time where I wish I wouldn't be into Mythology so much as it has so many Elements of the Norse that it feels like I'm spoiling myself.

Reclaimer

Reaction score
Country
United States
While the series is clearly heavily influenced by Norse mythology, you can't just assume the series will follow Norse Mythology.

Annie's flashback to what her father told her is actually pretty good evidence that there is no community of human-titans as what he says doesn't make much sense if there is and Annie and her father are members of it.

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
While the series is clearly heavily influenced by Norse mythology, you can't just assume the series will follow Norse Mythology.
It already does.
Examples.
Freyr is destined to face a colossal titan of fire threatening Midgard the realm of humans and has a sister called Freyja who is considered goddess of War.
Prose Edda states that some Gods (Among them Thor, the strongest of all Gods), travel through the outskirts of of Midgard where a devious hairy titan strolls around and encounter it ending up at Utgard.

There is no Human-Titan community in the Norse but we can pinpoint them to characters, for example Vidar was a Half-Titan known for kicks.
According to the Norse, Midgard has no knowledge of the other communities except for the Titans.

naruerenfy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I also think there might be other community aside from the walls of maria and etc.
i would like to share my theory for shingeki no kyojin, possible spoilers hehehe

Maybe the reason why reiner and bertholt and annie' wantto let The other titan to devour humans so that humans will not suffer the same as the titan is experiencing What i mean is that maybe there is GOROSEI like leaders that just experementing those humans inside The wall,injecting humans to become titan long ago,just like what eren's father did to him,and by that maybe the Government uses titans for war,as a weapon.and they use those like the types of eren,reiner etc. And those titans who enters the wall are the failed experiments. They are the castawayed by the goverment. And by the way maybe eren's father is one of the top scientist of the government and i think hes the one behind the transformation of reiner and company ,this is just my theory.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think that at any point humans will be able to properly interact with titans.... Titans are agressive and mindless in 99.999% of the cases so far and they seem agressive even towards other titans considering they attacked the colossal titan and eren. I do think it is entirely possible there are other colonies around however I think the deal will be different.

My impression is that in the grand scheme of things what is going on is basically a huge experiment, an experiment for human evolution with titans being the next step so to speak. We know for a fact that humans turn for some reason into titans. The fact that a couple of them seem to have for a short period of time a semblance of their former self is evidence enough of that. So basically you have an experimental procedure to turn humans into titans however you have a extremely low success rate. In most cases you see this mindless beasts but perhaps in a sort of virus immunity fashion you have anywhere between 1 and 0.0001% of having a human succesfully mutate into a titan. The ones behind this seeing that without humanity there would not be a titan future so to speak decided to isolate human "breeding grounds" where they would be safe from the extremely powerful titans and perhaps even the infection to some extent where the human-titan population would increase until there were enough of them for them to be able to exist successfully as a race. Perhaps the recent outbreak of titanism so to speak was a result of the wall being broken.... The titans in the walls would be the original human-titans who took one for the team so that the new human-titan specie could have a chance. humans seem to have been more numerous before the original outbreak of titanism so perhaps with human population being in the billions or so even with the extremely low rate for titanism it would be possible to gather a few thousand titans to create the walls and perhaps a couple other countries.

Then with that in mind the wall serves another purpose. The wall protects humans from titans but it also severely limits them. It limits the amount of resources they have at any given time and by extension it limits the amount of humans there can be at a time. We even know people have been sent to their deaths just to avoid having to feed them which is cruel but considering the circumstances it was either that or widespread misery. The church and perhaps the never seen royalty are another method to keep people in place. It keeps the population within the walls until the day the titans within them can wake up and do away with humanity. Of course if that is the case then quite a few people within the church and royalty must be titans.