Games - The Destiny Thread (2 Upcoming) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Destiny Thread (2 Upcoming)

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
This will be the thread for Destiny discussions.
I think:XD

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
What are people really looking for in Destiny 2?

I've heard people talk about it coming and wanting to get it when it comes out, but I've yet to really hear what people actually want the game to have, not have, or change up that the original Destiny didn't already have or get eventually (Ex: end-game stuff, certain balance changes, a discernible story, etc).

For me, a wider selection of classes and/or abilities would nice. Also, I think Destiny 2 could use some more meaningful weapon upgrades besides the unique exotic ones. The original game had a good number of upgrades, but there were a few that were clearly better and cooler than others (shout out to explosive rounds). Lastly, I'm not sure if anyone's heard about this theory, but I think the Traveler turning out to be "evil" would be a pretty interesting path for the story to take.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I've heard people talk about it coming and wanting to get it when it comes out, but I've yet to really hear what people actually want the game to have, not have, or change up that the original Destiny didn't already have or get eventually (Ex: end-game stuff, certain balance changes, a discernible story, etc).
Personnaly , i think Destiny 2 can't be a game like Destiny, because as you may have understood, It's popularity is often short, I mean:
A lot of persons (mostly everyone) were disappointed about the 2nd extension (House of Wolwes with Skolas), it was just 4-5 additionnal hours of gameplay, and if Destiny 2 becomes like that people won't even buy it so I hope there will be a lot of changes.
For me, a wider selection of classes and/or abilities would nice.
I think they already announced 3 new classes :zomg
Also, I think Destiny 2 could use some more meaningful weapon upgrades besides the unique exotic ones. The original game had a good number of upgrades, but there were a few that were clearly better and cooler than others (shout out to explosive rounds)
It's true it would be cool, as long as Bungie didn't make this one for money only :-_-
Lastly, I'm not sure if anyone's heard about this theory, but I think the Traveler turning out to be "evil" would be a pretty interesting path for the story to take.
It could fit with the current scenario (Cabal attack on the Traveler), The Traveler was originally evil and he was with the Cabals, but he betrayed them for the Guardians and now the Cabals are attacking him :hmm

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Bungie are legends among game developers. Destiny 2 has a lot of well deserved hype around it in my opinion. Look at the amount of people still playing Destiny now. I'll certainly be getting it for PC when it releases. A whole bunch of my friends are gearing up to play it just because of all the new features being announced.