Life - The Drinks Drank Drunk Thread | Page 84 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The Drinks Drank Drunk Thread

Rarhyx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So I did an excursion with 10 students + one prof. from my university to the US (Tennesse + Florida) fom 7th april - 14th april.
and we drank like every night.
And I must say:
Sorry americans but your beer sucks xP (every american I asked which beer is better, german or american, everyone said: german beer > all) ^^
and it sucked that your parties are over at 2 am T_T

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So I did an excursion with 10 students + one prof. from my university to the US (Tennesse + Florida) fom 7th april - 14th april.
and we drank like every night.
And I must say:
Sorry americans but your beer sucks xP (every american I asked which beer is better, german or american, everyone said: german beer > all) ^^
and it sucked that your parties are over at 2 am T_T
The mass-produced American beers suck. There's plenty of microbreweries and brewpubs that make great stuff. A lot of the mass-produced beer in Europe sucks too :p

Parties? Parties never have to end :XD when bars and clubs close depends on where you live. Some places are 4am.

Rarhyx

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
in cookeville, jacksonville and orlando every bar we visited closed at 2 am :(
we also asked some people if something was still open but no one knew it T_T

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, it depends. Here in Maryland I believe it's 2am but there can be exceptions. But if you had gone to Miami, I believe it's 4 am.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
yesterday I had that hurricane drink from Cabanana or whatever it's called. It was good but I felt quite buzzed....

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I bought a six pack of Jack Daniel's Black Jack Coke last night. It's basically Coke and Jack in about a 300 mL bottle... Despite it only being 5% alcohol, it tastes like shit. I'll stick with beer next time!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Wait, are you old enough to buy alcohol? O_O

Naomi

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Yeah, I'm 21. I drink a lot less than when I was 16-19 though. XD Kind of funny how that works.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Drinking loses its charm when you get old enough to buy it. Just loses its excitement because there's no danger in getting caught. I miss those times, I miss it. :(

Rarhyx

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
same here...
from 16 to 18/19 I drank the most and then it became a bit boring + maybe I matured and don't want the side effects of drinking xD
now I drink way less than before (maybe once a month or something like that, except when we have holidays or many birthdays in that month)

Naomi

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I definitely drink more than once a month, but I get what you're saying. Especially with the side effects of drinking. It really does kill off my brain cells. My memory kind of sucked even before, but after my high school/early college years it seems even worse. :sweat

Also, I have really awful hangovers. Always have.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I actually drink more often than I used to. Other than fucked up stomach, I've never gotten a hangover. :hee I'm honestly quite proud. of course, ever since few months ago I'm hydrating myself often as I believe dehydration played a role and so far, other than stomach pains no alcohol runs.

Still, I at most drink like four times a month, if that? Goin to NYC for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday next week though so it may be a lot of amounts. :hee

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
When it loses it's danger, you get to find out if you actually like it. As a result you may even appreciate it more.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Eh, still don't care much for drinking. I do it to feel posh.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
When it loses it's danger, you get to find out if you actually like it. As a result you may even appreciate it more.
So.... losing its danger makes you a douche?

I guess there is some truth to this... Usually when you do get to drink legally (although to be honest I don't think that more than a handful of countries actually give a damn about the whole thing) you are able to afford things a tad nicer than the stuff you buy as a teenager.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So.... losing its danger makes you a douche?

I guess there is some truth to this... Usually when you do get to drink legally (although to be honest I don't think that more than a handful of countries actually give a damn about the whole thing) you are able to afford things a tad nicer than the stuff you buy as a teenager.
Are we talking about the pretentious types who get into tastings and stuff? Otherwise, not sure

Yeah, same type of thing

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I never ever drank before the legal age. It was not like I couldn't do it, }It was more like I didnt't want it.

Now I like it pretty much, so I drink from time to time
Last week I drank 4 days of the week
this week I'm drinking today and I'll drink saturday
that´s it, but Istill feel bad
hahahaha

Anyway, if you guys ever cone tp brasil you should drink beer+catuaba
it´s good, you don´t get a hangover, you don't get amnesia and you still get drunk enough to enjoy yourself
hahahhaha

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I never ever drank before the legal age. It was not like I couldn't do it, }It was more like I didnt't want it.

Now I like it pretty much, so I drink from time to time
Last week I drank 4 days of the week
this week I'm drinking today and I'll drink saturday
that´s it, but Istill feel bad
hahahaha

Anyway, if you guys ever cone tp brasil you should drink beer+catuaba
it´s good, you don´t get a hangover, you don't get amnesia and you still get drunk enough to enjoy yourself
hahahhaha
I saw you mention catuaba, elsewhere. WTF is it?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Whats the most consecutive days you ave been drinking? I recall drinking above moderate amounts of alcohol about 3 days... I know people that have done so for 5 but to be honest the 3 days were more than enough for me that one time... How do people do 5?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Whats the most consecutive days you ave been drinking? I recall drinking above moderate amounts of alcohol about 3 days... I know people that have done so for 5 but to be honest the 3 days were more than enough for me that one time... How do people do 5?
Two or three I think one weekend I was away. That's more than moderate amounts. On vacation I would drink every day, but not drunk...beach life

Getting smashed every day, or better yet...never actually sobering up, sounds like a disaster