Discussion - The Four Chosen Ones | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Four Chosen Ones

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So, rewatching and re-reading MHA, I noticed something I always wished to bring it here but kept forgeting.
Also, the latest chapter confirming that 1 of the four is getting active in the story again made me also want to post this.

So, in AM fight against Noumu, Four stundents took charge and got spotlighted as being amazed at AM fight:

Deku, Kirishima, Bakugou, and Todokiri

While MHA has been doing a wonderfull job at giving development to its side characters, do you think those 4 will be the strongest of class A by end-game? Or that they will form a team? Or as Deku has been shown struggling with shouldering AMs legacy, could they all embody some aspect of it, and if so, which one?

Sure, I know outside of Kiri that they pretty much already are the strogenst, but what do you think the author´s plan for those 4 are?

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They were just there at the right time. If Tsuyu and Mineta didn't bring Aizawa to the entrance they would also be there with All Might, Deku and the others.

KOBA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Current chapter, just saying...

RoryMercury

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Still way too early to say at this point.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it is fairly clear the manga portrays those guys as the most promising members and overall have the stronger quirks. That said, I don't think deku needs those guys to shoulder anything with him. Deku is significantly different from them. The most important difference is that "potential" is not a thing with deku. Deku has no need to realize any potential. Unlike his peers deku already has all the power he is ever going to have or need. He needs only become physically powerful enough to handle OFA. Which is not to say deku is invincible or anything but he will be about as close as you can get to that.

Deku's peers in turn don't have all the power they are ever going to need. They have literally as much power as they show at any given moment. Their quirks are babies which need to be developed and nurtured like baby otters. And how much power they can get is a combination of their bodies innate limitations, their quirk's innate limitations and how much work they put into it. Deku's only limitation is at the most his own body but even then he has it way easier than his peers. His peers have to work on their bodies and their quirks, deku has to only work on his body and his quirk will follow naturally. His quirk is not even difficult to control, he is just too weak to do it. If he had greater physical strength he wouldn't even have needed to go through the steps we have seen him go through.

And the end result of all of that is... Well, deku will literally be stronger than allmight. By definition he currently has within his body more power than allmight ever had. And his peers.... Well, the current generation of heroes is by far weaker than allmight. Even endeavor does not come close to comparing.

One thing I do wonder if is OFA has an expiration date. Every generation adds a bit of power. Right now we are seeing deku struggling with the power but that is solely because deku is physically weak. However if each generation adds power then that also means the strain on the body increases with each generation. Eventually it should be physically impossible for a human to handle the power the quirk will have. Eventually no amount of training will be enough to handle the quirk and thus the users will have to settle for less. Of course, they would still be insanely powerful but the actual full power of the quirk would be beyond human capabilities.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Too early, it was more how Hori placed the characters for the story. If anyone single one was to be the strongest of the class it'll be Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki