The Green Greenhorn | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Green Greenhorn

INeededThat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi, everyone o/ I'm the new Proofreader's HQ mod!

You probably haven't ever seen me around before... and that's probably true, because I basically joined to help out with the PRHQ. Pho (Icey) and Salad brought me over :p So this, quite literally, makes me a green greenhorn xD

So anyway, I'm INeededThat, a proofreader over at IEatManga. You can call me... pretty much anything I can recognise, like Nee, Knee, Needy, INT, Ine or That. No one's called me That yet. I'm sixteen and Singaporean, which means I'll be taking major exams at the end of 2012 <_<. I started reading manga when I was eleven (Mirmo, Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight... all that shoujo goodness), and currently I follow Bakuman, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Magico, Enigma, The World God Only Knows, Skip Beat, Vampire Knight, and Deadman Wonderland (also trying to read Defense Devil).

I started PRing when I was fourteen, working on Special A with a friend at Vertigo Manga. I also tried editing at this point, but being an editor who didn't know how to clean, clone or straighten didn't exactly work out very well xP After about two years of inactivity, after the Edited Manga group died, I came across IEM, who was working on Bakuman (favourite series, hands down) independently at the time. So I applied, met Pho, started working under the MRI umbrella, where I met Salad, and... now I'm here (:

I may be new to MH, but I'm not totally new to it; I usually lurk around the translations section, manga discussions (especially Naruto; there's a lot to rant about), and, recently, the Jump magazine discussions. The reason why I've never actually made an account before is that, well, usually whenever I think of something to say, I refresh the page or scroll down and someone's already said it xD I get mentally ninja'd.

Other things that interest me... um... man, there're a lot xP Guess I'll just leave it to you guys to find out.

So anyway, it's really nice to be here! This place is awesome (: Ask away~

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
tl;dr

DAMN YOU, DERMIE! You beat me! ;A; ~Iceiphoenix

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:tackle

A new place to spam!!! :pmg

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
WeNeededThis!

post in the bakuman section plz, since you think it's your favorite manga hands down :cheez

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hi. I'm M3J, but you can call me Jeff, Needles. O/

Keynes?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Yohohoooo...I'm a Narugreen...and you can call me(should I just make up a name like M3J-_-;)...hmm...Lolo....lolo is good and that's my name on IRC as well, so...nice to meet you!
And don't worry I'm not one of the spammers...I will make random visits and reply to stuff:shifty

INeededThat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Pho: PHOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ combo xD

Salad: Yeah! I will. Eventually. xP

M3J: Hey, Jeff~ Keynes? What about Keynes?

Lolo: Jeff isn't his real name? xD

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Huzzah for the Phony duo! :pmg

Nee, you should really post more around MH... :worrybunny Go post in the Bakuman section like Salad suggested! Or, like... come and visit the General Category! :D

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Needy~

So the obvious question that comes to mind is how'd you come with the user name?

Is there some kind of story of Edited Mangas groups, saying I need a --------- or a ------ :?bunny

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Jeff isn't my real name, I thought you knew that. MIlly isn't either, but it's a nickname.

I'm talking about the Keynes that came up with Keynesian thingie. It's economics related.

Sooo, are you sharp as a needle or dull as a used knife? :derp