Discussion - The guiding hand of Light? What are they doing? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The guiding hand of Light? What are they doing?

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
As we know there is a prophecy about an incoming holy war between the guiding hand of light and the bloodline of darkness. (Here and the following page)

We have some hints pointing to the possibility this war is going to happen any time soon. We have seen what seems to be steps or measures taken by the dark side, so to speak, in order to fight this war: the assassination of the great holy knight, the dismantling of the seven deadly sins, the cup d'etat, the creation of powerful knights fed with demon blood and the resurrection of the demon clan.

With all of that, where is the 'light side'? and what are they doing? Are they twiddling's their fingers and sitting somewhere, watching over the whole view?

From my reading, these are some possible measures the guiding hand of light has been taking:

• The king of Lyonesse adopted and has been protecting Ellizabeth. (The dark side has strong interest on her, as we knew from the Byzel arc).

• The king of Lyonesse gave the sins their treasures, (likely he created them the team of the seven deadly sins)

• Meliodas awakening should be another step taken by the light side. After the dismantling of the sins, we knew they were wandering around or being imprisoned with out any special purpose, or at least, that's valid for Diane, King and Ban. But Meliodas case is special, because he seems to have been sleeping of unconscious for many years.

• Last but not least, Hawk and his mom has being sent to support and help Meliodas. (Hawk could have licked Meliodas face to wake him.)

What do you thing the light side is doing now? Are those steps some of their actions? What other steps are they taken?

Also, in comparison with the steps taken by the dark side, are that light side doing it well or not?

mcwhirlpoolinc

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I always interpreted that sentance as Elizabeth along with the 7 deadly sins being the guiding hands of light and Hendricksen and his next generations as the Bloodline of darkness I say this due to the fact that they are all drinking demon blood in order to gain a greater power and that demons are more or less associated with darkness.

I also believe that Hendricksen was the one who killed Zaratras and pinned the blame on the sins.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
The guiding hand of light should be more than just the sins and Eli. At least, the king of Lionesse should be part of this 'good side', since he created the sins and the dark side is trying to eliminate or weaken the sins. He also was against the preparation for the prophecy, and that's why Hendicksen and Dreyfus jailed him, and also he took care of Eli, who seems to be a key to this holly war. On the other hand the goddess or maiden clan should be also part of the 'good side', since they fought and sealed the demon clan. there should be more characters there for sure.

As a wild guess, I bet someone awaken Meliodas from where he was sealed before the night in which Zaratras was murdered. Someone who wants to help the sins...

And, please, don't forget Hawk and his mother and the wholy pig clan (there should be somewhere out there).

mcwhirlpoolinc

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The guiding hand of light should be more than just the sins and Eli. At least, the king of Lionesse should be part of this 'good side', since he created the sins and the dark side is trying to eliminate or weaken the sins. He also was against the preparation for the prophecy, and that's why Hendicksen and Dreyfus jailed him, and also he took care of Eli, who seems to be a key to this holly war. On the other hand the goddess or maiden clan should be also part of the 'good side', since they fought and sealed the demon clan. there should be more characters there for sure.

As a wild guess, I bet someone awaken Meliodas from where he was sealed before the night in which Zaratras was murdered. Someone who wants to help the sins...

And, please, don't forget Hawk and his mother and the wholy pig clan (there should be somewhere out there).
I didn't think that I would have to mention everyone connected to Elizabeth and the Sins to be part of the good guys side. I just thought that would be self explanatory however I like what you said about Meliodas being awakend before the night Zaratas was murdered. Are you saying that someone took control of Meliodas? and wouldn't it be Holy pig clan?

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I didn't think that I would have to mention everyone connected to Elizabeth and the Sins to be part of the good guys side. I just thought that would be self explanatory however I like what you said about Meliodas being awakend before the night Zaratas was murdered. Are you saying that someone took control of Meliodas? and wouldn't it be Holy pig clan?
The king of Lyonesse is very interesting character, and sure a leading figure in the good side. That's why I mentioned him.

Uh sorry! I expressed it wrongly. What I meant was that someone awaken Meliodas from that sleep in which he was sealed after the murder of Zaratras.

As for the holly pig clan is just that they are part of the guiding hand, nothing more than that. I wonder from where they came and why Hawk was with Meliodas. Here there is a thread for the discussion about Hawk.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
if meliodas did not wake to hawk and someone awakened/unsealed him...i'd imagine it would be the one who betrayed him.possibly one of the sins,who has seen that his/her betrayal led to the events unfolding...we see there is passion/love for the kingdom as far as meliodas goes.but diane/ban/king are basically mystical beings(not caring as much),i wonder if one of the last sins are just human...having a true interest in the well being of leoneth...

maybe a former citizen of danafor...even related to elizabeth...i'm still pondering why elizabeth was adopted by a king....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, I would argue it has something to do with elizabeth apparently healing people through the series. We have seen several weird healing situations around her, in particular the doctor and meliodas and perhaps later on it will turn out her sister miraculously survived, which would be something the king could be interested in. Perhaps she was also a princess of danafor or even be related to the holy maiden clan (what is holier than virtually bringing back the dead with tears?).

I also agree with the notion that the sins are the guiding hand of light and the holy knights the darkness. Its the holy knights that are being made and corrupted by demon blood so its not a strange development.