The Hardsuit Design Threat(Project) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Hardsuit Design Threat(Project)

SwissGantzer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hi community o/

About myself first:
Im from Switzerland and im 21 years old. I work as a engineer (machine industry).
Im not very confident about my English skills, I beg your pardon.
I'm a huge fan of Gantz, for over a decade \o/
This is the first project(of this kind) I've ever done, <- no experience in such stuff at all^^

I'm a huge fan of game / movie / manga props so i've decided to make one myself :D

I've checked the internet for a while and I'ver never found any Cosplay / props form the Gantz Hardsuit. Since the Hardsuit itself is rare in the Manga itself(well it gets shown more frequently now(Osaka arc Oka :D:D)), its hard to get into Detail with it. I've checked the Osaka Hardsuit(Oka) so far, and it does seem to have a slight diffrent appearance than the ones we see now in the current arc.

On the web there is a very nicely made Sculpture(Toysize) of a Hardsuit, it looks very nice but ofc, the one I'm gonna build will be a "real" one in terms of size 1:1 and yes, one to move arround(Cosplay). "With lights" \o/

So whats this Post about?
There are so many details on a Hardsuit its very hard to get them all. The prop I want to create(wich will take several months) should get as detailed as possible, get as close to the original as possible.

The Hardsuit itself can be devided into several sub-parts like: Normal Suit, Hardparts(Upper Torso, Helmet, Arms, Shoulders, Armblades, Hands), Softparts(lower Torso, Legs(hybrid), Shoes(hybrid). (There are few more)

I want to go at this like an open Project, people can join and help, just watch, or give advices liek they think its right.

That project follows a certain structure:

Information gathering(gathering Details(pics and stuff) -> Decide(wich solution should be picked, since the Hardsuit itself evolved in shape and detail a bit), Design it(I've got acces to a 3D engineer Software), produce it(Use the Designs to produce a Moveable Hardsuit), Finish it(all the remaining Work).

So for now im starting gathering the Information i need to proceed, this includes, measurements and Details like the Hardsuit Helmet wich is desplayed rarely with full Details on it.

Ill start from Top downwards to the boots. Gonna go for the Head yeah! :D

Anyone whos intrested in helping out, discussing, advices or hints can post it in this threat. Ill create a Dropbox where the gathered Information will be stored in and accesable for the ones helping out :)

Firestartes: The Backpart of the Hardsuit is covered in most of the shown frames, has anyone an idea, how the back acutally looks like? The Shoulders seem to be symethrical on front/back, but the Backpart of the Suit itself is a mystery :S

Well then I hope we can have a lot of fun and creative ideas

/greetings SwissGantzer

* Update 07.02.2012*

preview about a part I'm designing atm. Anyone got an appropriate name for it? = function(like normal suit) power?I guess :3

*Update 08.02.2012*
Found some nice pics of the Shoulderparts, took some time to get some realistic measurements, well here a very early preview of to ongoing work "Shoulders" "Note: its not the Final shape and yes the backside is completly diffrent than the frontside, ill add that later

Moar fuel for the timekilling machine Oo

*Update 09.02.2012*
hm hard to decide wich version looks better. The Oka(osaka) Hardsuit had a *round* shape with less energycells on the suit itself. The new ones from the final arc got much more energycells(shoulders as example). I dont know wich one I should choose, well both look good ;D
Ealy pic shoulders with energycells(final arc style)

Last edited:

lolnameless

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Please register to see the content of this post.

Last edited:

firebo14

Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited:

SwissGantzer

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland

Last edited:

firebo14

Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited:

lolnameless

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Last edited:

SwissGantzer

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland

Last edited:

Enn

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Last edited:

Damura

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Last edited: