Archived - The Health Thread <3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Archived The Health Thread <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you sick? Injured? Want to talk about it? Want to talk about a medical experience you've had? Want to know about any alternative medicenes or ask for home cures? Just want to talk about health in general? Want to complain about your doctor? Have a question about a procedure you're having done? Then this is the place to do it ^^. Get sympathy, apathy, cures, references, whatever. Have fun, and feel better (if applicable XD)

To start it off....Anyone have good cures for headaches? I take aspirin or ibuprofen usually, but I want something more natural. ^^

Anyone else ever gotten their wisdom teeth out. that was one heckk of an experience, i'll tell ya. Got them out end of June. I was at home, laying down on the couch, and decided it was time to change my gauze (because it was all bloody) and on my way back from the bathroom, I began to feel light headed. I was grabbing onto the wall because I was dizzy, and tried to make my way back to the couch. And promptly passed out. Scariest moment of my life o.O

chaosenigma

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've always found the best remedy for a headache is to sleep it off or take a quick nap. Always works for me, and I never have to take any type of medication.

I also passed out once, although I don't know what the cause of it was. Neither do the doctors, as all my tests came out fine. Pretty interesting experience, reminds you of your own mortality.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I actually just went through a horrible wisdom teeth experience last March. I had all four teeth taken out, and I suffered a case of Dry Socket. It sucked. -_-

But I tried to hide it from you guys, because I didn't want anybody to panic, but the truth comes out now that I've survived it all <3

jabbament

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Health is over-rated.

I'm sick all the damned time.

But ya'll knew that.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
I moved this from the entertainment section. Figured it was more 'discussion' than entertainment. ^^

jabbament said:
Health is over-rated.

I'm sick all the damned time.

But ya'll knew that.
:hug

I get my cast off soon :woo
^^ I'm so excited. I'll be able to scratch my leg again XD

Sharma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am going through a phase atm which is a relapse of a problem I had frequently as a child.

I'm nearly deaf in a sense, I can hear most things fine but I have no clarity to anything, so I misunderstand nearly everything said to me and cannot hear bass to save my life (ANd I play bass guitar :blink ).

Basically, I've got a fluid buildup in my inner ear which is causing this, it's been quite painful these last few days but nothing compared to what I had to go through as a kid, because I ended up with something called Glue Ear, which is basically, an ear ache times about 100, with puss dribbling out your ear for about a week, it's caused by heavy infection in the ear due to numerous ear aches.

I am getting it sorted in October though, getting grommets in (At 19! Hah!) which will drain all the stuff out and will hopefully give me back the hearing ive been missing for about a year now.

Heres hoping. :)

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
For headache, just take paracetemol and use mind control. I have migraine myself and the doctor only gave me paracetemol. Somehow, I managed to live off without medication after a few months. Even now, I only take paracetemol when the migraine becomes really painful. Other than that, I think that mind control is more than enough to resist the pain. My health is not too good too. =/ If I were to rank my health from 0-100, I'll rank it at 67%. I have mutiple injuries(all dislocated limbs) all over my body, my right side gets numb easily(facing partial paralysis in the future), migraine, chest pain when I get too excited and so on. I don't think that I need to list them all down.

However, I do like to know if there's something out there that cure this symptoms? I get chest pain when I am excited, I get dizzy once I wake up after sitting down for a while, I can go black out for seconds sometimes, my blood pressure is 110/70 and my pulse rate is 80 beats per minute. I don't have any family medical history such as high blood pressure, diabetes and cancer. Right now, I'm thinking of getting tamezepam to pacify myself. I think I need some amphetamine to equip me for the test too. XD It is really effective to stay awake for the whole night to study for my test. Then I can just cancel the effect off by taking a tamezepam. :knk

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My cure for migraine is accupressure, i learned a bit from my uncle when i got sick several years ago. take a pencil in one hand and make a fist on the other hand (i.e.: if your migraine is on the right side, make a left fist, vice versa). oh, almost forgot to mention, use the blunt end of the pencil or you can use a pen cap. on to the how to: press the pencil between your index and middle finger, hold your breath, count to 3 (1...2...3) and release the pencil while exhaling. repeat several times and i hope it works.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, there's another quite efficient technique that I learned from my friends. Take a pen/pencil/something cyclinder and place it between your thumb(your leg) and the index toe. If you have a headache, just press the pencil between that two toes and pull out the pencil out. If you have a headache, it will be painful. After you do it for a few times and when the pain eases away, your headache will go away as well. If you don't have a headache, it won't hurt or painful at all. Strange. XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
it only hurts when u got a headache is caused by the stress on the nerve endings, thus causing blockage on your qi (chi) flow. by applying pressure and releasing it, the stress on the nerve and unblocking the chi.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow. I never realized that acupressure would be effective for headaches ^^ I'll be sure to remember those and try them the next time I have a headache ^^ Thanks for the info, guys.

ILUVATAR

Reaction score
Country
Greece
a health thread? :blink that suits me i guess, when i was younger i was sick most of the time.... my life time that is :eyeroll
LadyHatake said:
Are you sick? Injured?
my most "famous" illness was Laryngitis, i spent my christmas holydays and celebrations in hospitals until the age of 11 cause about that time every year i was getting worse. by that time i could get sick even by breathing :tem this is what we call a weak organism :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laryngitis

as for my injuries, my last one is well known :D
as for my first injury i ever had, i still have a scar on my forehead that is pretty visible :darn
maybe one day i'll find the courage to post it in the story thread :(

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was never very sickly as a child. I had lots of sore throats and everything, but luckily I never had to have my tonsils taken out or anything. Mostly I just got injured playing sports or fighting my brother. I rarely get sick, but every january/february I get a cold where I'm hacking and sneezing for a couple weeks. It's abolutely dreadful. I hate being sick, especially when I'm in school.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For me November and December is when I usually get a cold. I hate runny nose... and the coughing that goes with it. My cure for that is I take lots of vitamin C, eat alot (more than i usually do :D), and sleep (which i rarely do).

ILUVATAR

Reaction score
Country
Greece
ichi i am so jealous of you :D the eatting and sleeping are the last things someone with Laryngitis can think of..... ><
you should not eat maybe for days cause you'll just go and throw up what you ate right after it reaches yous stomach and as for the sleeping..... having high fever and getting up to go to the toilet every 20 to 30 minutes isn't the best situation for a good sleep >_<
thank god a haven't got any Laryngitis symptoms for about three years on a row \o/

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Eileen said:
I think I need some amphetamine to equip me for the test too. XD It is really effective to stay awake for the whole night to study for my test. Then I can just cancel the effect off by taking a tamezepam. :knk
Don't be so sure. :darn
I have a former classmate. A few years ago he wrote his research work while on amphetamine. Awake for one week straight writing that work. After that he scared the shit out of his realtives by sleeping for 72 hours without waking up.

What I wanted to say is ..... If you decide to take chemical assistance, be ready to have grave consequences.

As for health, I'm not a good choice to have conversation about health problem experiences. I'm a healthy bastard. And I'm proud of my overall body configuration. I haven't been sick since I was twelve. That makes this the ninth year, I haven't had any serious disease. XD

There are other good things about my "body configuration", but as I don't want to appear like a show-off, I won't rant about them unless asked. :p

ruby_06

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
well, when i was about 8 years i had a veryyyyyyyyyy hot coffee spiled on my left leg accidently and it all got burned from my knee to ankle , it hurt like hell and the doctor had the burned skin removed and it was bandaged for long time, it was a mess and ewwwwwwww and there is still marking on my leg but not very visible.

About normal flu , WINTERRRRRR is the time, i always have a flu and most of the time i cant breath and cant sleep and stays for about 2 weeks and sometimes i have high tempertaure that lead to saying words and sentences that makes no sense, no one knows how much i hate the flu and winter.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
*thread revival*

I have this problem that have been bugging me for days now.

How does a person suppose to sleep when he or she is having a running nose and sore throat simultaneously? He can't possibly breath through his nose since it is mostly blocked and watery but at the same time, he can't really breath using his mouth because it's really painful with the sore throat. Well, I have been experiencing this problem for the past 2 days and I just couldn't sleep well. =/

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
Eileen said:
*thread revival*

I have this problem that have been bugging me for days now.

How does a person suppose to sleep when he or she is having a running nose and sore throat simultaneously? He can't possibly breath through his nose since it is mostly blocked and watery but at the same time, he can't really breath using his mouth because it's really painful with the sore throat. Well, I have been experiencing this problem for the past 2 days and I just couldn't sleep well. =/
Eileen :glomp

Have you tried sleeping while sitting up? I've found this helpful because all that stuff that's congesting you has somewhere to go (read: down XD) and you can usually breath through your nose. also, there are certain rubs you can use that you put on your chest and it makes it easier to breath (don't ask me how they work >.> They just do XD) I know one brand is Vicks Vapor Rub. There's also these sticks you can inhale that clear out nasal congestion somewhat.

For the sore throat, try lozengers or a numbing spray.

Hope you feel better <3

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I agree with LadyH, that brand (Vicks) is quite popular here. For cold it helps to put rubs on your chest, back and neck area. It really helps breathing and sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.